Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 103410 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 15:14:39 »

Not sure about the carnage. The authorities/police here deal very effectively with such violence.
When it suits them:
https://news.vice.com/article/photos-show-activists-being-attacked-and-arrested-at-gay-pride-parade-in-moscow
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 20:39:29 »

Germany v Ukraine   Zzz Zzz

Be 'interesting' if Russia met Ukraine somehow.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 20:50:26 »

Is it me, or do the majority of the football fans intent on violence, regardless of their nationality, appear to be ultra-nationalists, anti-liberal, anti-gay, anti-jew, anti-muslim, anti-leftie, anti-pacifist, anti-immigrant/refugee, in fact anti-anything that they are not and so immature as to not comprehend or accept 'otherness', and therefore making them pretty much all exactly the same? I wish they would just get on with it amongst themselves.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 22:39:31 »

Is it me, or do the majority of the football fans intent on violence, regardless of their nationality, appear to be ultra-nationalists, anti-liberal, anti-gay, anti-jew, anti-muslim, anti-leftie, anti-pacifist, anti-immigrant/refugee, in fact anti-anything that they are not and so immature as to not comprehend or accept 'otherness', and therefore making them pretty much all exactly the same? I wish they would just get on with it amongst themselves.

Yes.

Much of the old Eastern block have a view that English fans are hooligans and want to outdo them, so they probably thought they were keeping in house.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 23:37:46 »

About 20 years behind the "fashion"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 23:42:15 »

What are all these inverted commas intended to communicate?

It's how the press interpret it "the local youths". How come they don't say French fans/youths?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 01:08:00 »

It's how the press interpret it "the local youths". How come they don't say French fans/youths?

Local youths sounds a pretty neutral expression to me, without any inverted commas. If what you're trying to avoid saying is Arab kids, then yes, I'm sure plenty of the poor local maghrébin boys were involved, along with the working-class Brits and Russkies. Street-fighting's a largely proletarian hobby.

See, no inverted commas there.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chrystovski

« Reply #82 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 07:17:01 »

Hope you don't mind me posting this here, I'm a student and massive Rotherham fan.

I've been developing a football game and it has proved to be a very strenuous undertaking, as I have singled handedly developed the game whilst working full time and undertaking a 4 year degree. Marketing an application, as a single individual, on just above minimum wage, is very difficult. Whilst occasionally stories do emerge of young developers making large returns from creative development, the vast majority of mobile phone applications which populate app stores are crafted by large development teams with huge marketing and advertising budgets. Many are even leveraged at a loss for the first few years.

In the face of such dwarfing competition, I am attempting to be creative in seeking publicity for my app. As the app was only created by myself on a shoestring, it is not a worldbeater, but I genuinely believe it is a good product with potential, which was affirmed by the very positive reaction I have received when testing it and the local rag are running a personal peice on it and I this week. I hope you don't see this as spam, as your feedback would be very warmly received. I think football fans will really love this game. Please help out a footy fan by giving it a try

**EURO 2016 CHALLENGE

Price: FREE

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sef.euro

First problem found, there are 24 teams at the Euro's and not 32 as advertised on your app.

* Play as all of the 32 teams in Euro 2016 with accurate group stages and fixtures
* Addictive yet simple game play is accessible to young and old
*Share your kick up records with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter and attempt to rise the on-line leader board of football mad players,

EURO 2016 CHALLENGE

Be sure to review us and look out for future games.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:15:39 »

So 150 Russians were behind the violence, yet only 10 arrested and 6 of them are British - the story makes no sense....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36515213
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #84 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:23:42 »

So 150 Russians were behind the violence, yet only 10 arrested and 6 of them are British - the story makes no sense....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36515213
It does unfortunatly. It says exactly what people out there have been saying that the police really are not doing much.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 10:54:04 »

It does unfortunatly. It says exactly what people out there have been saying that the police really are not doing much.

We should get together with the Russians, they could be our closest allies in Europe come July?
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 12:04:15 »

Why bother identifying and arresting the ringleaders when you can just indiscriminately lob tear gas at everyone?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #87 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 12:31:14 »

Words i never thought i would say but Stan Collymores live periscope videos were interesting on saturday night.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 12:31:50 »

Words i never thought i would say but Stan Collymores live periscope videos were interesting on saturday night.

Was he dogging again?

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 13:37:18 »

Other nations have taken hooliganism to a level our pissed up fatties can't compete with over there. These mobs are not drunk singing all day. They are organised and teaching our lot a lesson. All ours do is throw bottles and chairs at coppers when almost paralytic from booze. No wonder they're getting battered left right and centre. Shame innocents are getting caught up in it but this is reaping what has been sown historically.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: