Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2016 Summer Cricket  (Read 25715 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 00:30:24 »

interesting transfer from Surrey to Somerset with Steven Davies, still Surrey's best keeper imo, heading west next year

It is interesting....the mighty Cidermen went from having the best 2 keeper batsmen in the country in Buttler and Keiswetter, to having neither through misfortune. None of the short term replacements have been convincing....Ryan Davies who's a kid, started off terribly, but has shown some improvement....I guess he's seen as back up now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 05:14:01 »

Suggestion is that Steven Davies will keep in four day cricket and Ryan will keep in at least one of the limited over competitions - although Steven would likely get in that team as a bat. Been a while since a cricket transfer made so much sense on all sides.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:11:37 »

So Hameed and Ben Duckett called up for Test squad to Bangladesh.....don't recall seeing Hameed play, probably only does 4 day games, but many good judges think he's the business and the numbers this summer back that up. Duckett gets big runs in all forms, had to be given a chnace.

The spin bowling is interesting taking 4 spinners, suggests that Moeen might end up playing as a batsman.  I don't have a problem with Batty being picked, if he ends up on drinks duty, better to have an experienced chap wasting his time than a young un.

With that in mind, it's probably the reason for not picking Jack Leach....he'll be better off playing with the Lions, I think in Sri Lanka.

Ansari, presumably is a sympathy pick for last year's misfortune and to get the decent Surrey chap count up.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 17:02:15 »

I think Reg and the rest of the Somerset fans will be doing a rain dance for Lords tomorrow...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 17:41:24 »

I think Reg and the rest of the Somerset fans will be doing a rain dance for Lords tomorrow...

Rain Storm Pope
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #50 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 08:12:10 »

I am no fan of cricket (I used to be back in the 80s but lost interest) but I am out having a few drinks in Taunton tonight (right next door to the County Ground) so there could be some major celebrations or commiseration going on.

As long as theres some amount of free or cheap beer I don't mind Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 09:25:25 »

And so it begins. Still a long shot for Somerset, but they've done so well to be in with a chance.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #52 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 14:47:33 »

Bit of a farce really with the way that innings ended
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 14:55:42 »

Eh, it was always going to happen. Can't blame either team for trying to win the game. Brilliantly poised now too, all three results possible with two hours of the season to go - can't ask for much more than that!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 16:00:57 »

Bye, byt Big Bressie.

As a Glos fan and having lived in Yorks do I really want Zomerzet to win anything?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 16:28:38 »

Looks like Middlesex now anyway, which was my least favoured option!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 17:16:58 »

Won with a hat-trick. Can't begrudge that too much, though plenty on Twitter are trying. Brilliant final round of games, four days of ridiculous tension.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 17:17:12 »

So it all boiled down to Chris Rogers over generous declaration, which handed Middlesex a win earlier  Sad
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 17:27:27 »

Oh rubbish, without that statement of intent we'd never have gone on the winning streak we did. Over the course of the season there are always going to be might haves but the main reason we didn't win is that we were rubbish for the first half of the season...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: