Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2016 Summer Cricket  (Read 25714 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 6, 2016, 10:45:07 »

Durham lose 5 wickets for 6 runs v mighty Cidermen, in about 20 mins,  when needing 45 to win.

Crazy game....Somerset yesterday were 0-3 Tresco, Abell and Rogers all gone for ducks....Tom Abell I think bagged a king pair.  13 batters, in the match, failed to trouble the scorers  Smiley.

I daresay an ECB pitch inspector has been dispatched from HQ, even as we speak.  Had it been v Middlesex or Surrey, no doubt Somerset would be docked 25 points....against Durham though  Hmmm
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:12:08 »

Wow, some craziness going on. Hales just broke the England highest I day score at 171, they get rid of him, and now Buttler is going mental.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:18:05 »

Fastest 50 by and England player now for Buttler, including one six into some ones pint.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:57:49 »

And a world record score!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:02:43 »

Great entertainment....Trent Bridge the place for 50 overs.  Earlier in the Royal London Notts got 400 odd v Northants and Northants nrarly chased it down
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:11:39 »

Nice win for the mighty Cidermen today....seeing off the flat capped pigeon fanciers within 3 days.

Last games Toffs v Yorkshire....Cidermen v already relegated Notts.

As a Somerset fan since the age of 10, I've long accepted we'll never win the County Championship, and still don't  Smiley
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 20:29:57 »

Off to Lord's on Saturday to cheer on the Rey... Going with a Warwickshire fan, though. Looking toward to it.😊

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 20:30:35 »

Somers have done brilliantly to take it to the final games, Jack Leach has been sensational and today proved he can do it away from Taunton on a less helpful surface as well, he should certainly be in the England mix for the subcontinent.

Still outsiders, but it would be brilliant if they could do it and give Tres that Championship before the end of his career.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 00:02:44 »

Somers have done brilliantly to take it to the final games, Jack Leach has been sensational and today proved he can do it away from Taunton on a less helpful surface as well, he should certainly be in the England mix for the subcontinent.

Still outsiders, but it would be brilliant if they could do it and give Tres that Championship before the end of his career.

Leach is an interesting one...the current vogue for England spinners, post Swann, is that you have to be of Asian descent. I don't think anyone other than  Monty, Moeen, Adil Rashid, Samit Patel, Zafer Ansari, has been picked.  OK Ansari probably only got picked because he was Surrey.

On balance though it's fair enough to go with Moeen and Adil for Bangla....Leach though should be taken as the 3rd man, to widen his horizons.

I was critical of Chris Rogers when his over generous declaration seemed to hand the game to Middlesex back in July, when I thought the Cidermen were merely fighting relegation and as it turns out will likely hand them the penant....however I retract it, as he said you need to show the team how to win and he has largely done that.

Stevens

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 07:46:03 »

Off to Lord's on Saturday to cheer on the Rey... Going with a Warwickshire fan, though. Looking toward to it.😊

I will be there, in the upper Grand Stand row A - see the weather forecast has improved for Saturday originally forecasting showers.
Love this final, always great entertainment and value, being a Surrey fan hope for a better result this year, we throw it away last year.

Can't wait for Saturday.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 07:48:38 »

Leach is an interesting one...the current vogue for England spinners, post Swann, is that you have to be of Asian descent. I don't think anyone other than  Monty, Moeen, Adil Rashid, Samit Patel, Zafer Ansari, has been picked.

The Selectors are probably still smarting from the unfortunate experiment with Simon Kerrigan in the 5th Ashes Test at the Oval in 2013.  I was there to watch him being destroyed (mainly) by Shane Watson.  Sad
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 07:51:46 by Private Fraser » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 11:19:19 »

I will be there, in the upper Grand Stand row A - see the weather forecast has improved for Saturday originally forecasting showers.
Love this final, always great entertainment and value, being a Surrey fan hope for a better result this year, we throw it away last year.

Can't wait for Saturday.

I'll pm you my number, if you want to say hello.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 20:31:17 »

interesting transfer from Surrey to Somerset with Steven Davies, still Surrey's best keeper imo, heading west next year
Stevens

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 20:37:26 »

I'll pm you my number, if you want to say hello.
I will not have my mobile with me at Lords
Currently selling my house, and my mobile is the only contact with the estate agent so leaving it with my wife.
Happy to meet for a pint at future home fixtures (Sat only)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 22:07:42 »

I will not have my mobile with me at Lords
Currently selling my house, and my mobile is the only contact with the estate agent so leaving it with my wife.
Happy to meet for a pint at future home fixtures (Sat only)

Hope the sale goes smoothly.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: