Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2016 Summer Cricket  (Read 25711 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 27, 2016, 11:04:53 »

Second test at Durham starts today, Cook gone already 5 short of his milestone. Compton and Hales in now, both need runs of course.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 13:29:34 »

Another day...another England batting collapse on a flat wicket...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 20:40:57 »

And another Bairstow led recovery. Shame as I'm a big fan, but I think Compton has to go, the pressure from the media clearly gets to him and that's just not going to go away.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 09:20:38 »

And another Bairstow led recovery. Shame as I'm a big fan, but I think Compton has to go, the pressure from the media clearly gets to him and that's just not going to go away.

The question is what do you do.

Put Vince to 3, who has yet to find his feet, and bring Buttler in with Buttler and Bairstow fighting for the gloves, or bring Borthwick in, who has been scoring runs for fun for Durham in the CC, and due to the fact he also is a leggie, would also be an advantage as we've got Bangladesh and India in the winter.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 09:23:44 »

The question is what do you do.

Put Vince to 3, who has yet to find his feet, and bring Buttler in with Buttler and Bairstow fighting for the gloves, or bring Borthwick in, who has been scoring runs for fun for Durham in the CC, and due to the fact he also is a leggie, would also be an advantage as we've got Bangladesh and India in the winter.
The form that Bairstow is in he would get into any test side as a batsman, is Buttler a better keeper than Bairstow?  Buttler's problem is inconsistency with the bat, brilliant one innings, out for a duck the next!! 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 09:44:28 »

Borthwick or Hildreth if you want to try and keep an experienced guy in the team. Don't understand the clamour to get Buttler back in the test team, he's never been a brilliant red ball performer, just let him play white ball cricket for a bit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 06:19:21 »

Pakistan starts today, far tougher challenge. Ballance back in with Root at 3 and Ball in for the injured Anderson.

Not sure I think much of the Ballance selection but the current coaching set up has credit in the bank. Amir and Shah represent a serious test for our batsmen, will be very interesting to see how it goes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 08:32:24 »

Pakistan starts today, far tougher challenge. Ballance back in with Root at 3 and Ball in for the injured Anderson.

Not sure I think much of the Ballance selection but the current coaching set up has credit in the bank. Amir and Shah represent a serious test for our batsmen, will be very interesting to see how it goes.

I'm still trying to get over Chris Rogers handing a win to Middlesex by declaring.....what was he thinking? 301 of 46 overs the target....surely in the modern game Middlesex would have still fancied 320 off 40, especially on a small ground and the Cidermen their best bowler down.....and as for Allenby bowling the final over  Suicide

As for England....a proper test, it will be a decent achivement to come through this series intact..a lot of new lads with something to prove atm....I wish them well.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 09:19:00 »

That Somerset game was not a happy one.

Surprised that Pakistan are rank outsiders - I've got a fiver on them to win at Lord's (7/2) and the series (5/1) both of which seem heavily overpriced. This England side is not great yet, especially without Anderson.
Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 11:24:18 »

Re: Somerset. That Grockles forum makes for interesting reading. There are some on there heartily congratulating Rogers for his bravery in trying to force a result?! Hahaa!

And I thought Andy Hayhurst was bad.

Roland The Thompson Gunner
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 16:58:48 »

Congrats to Misbah-ul-Haq.

42, first test in England and only 2nd or 3rd 1st class innings.  Has held together the clusterfuck that is Pakistani cricket with a quiet decorum. Chapeau
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 16:03:19 »

That Somerset game was not a happy one.

Surprised that Pakistan are rank outsiders - I've got a fiver on them to win at Lord's (7/2) and the series (5/1) both of which seem heavily overpriced. This England side is not great yet, especially without Anderson.

Looking a very good bet....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 19:58:11 »

I had a run of six successful in plays all being down on our middle order today, it was getting a bit silly. The line on Vince, Ballance and Hales was around 32 each which is madness
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 17:43:29 »

England going to have to step up a gear....Pakistan weren't great, but more than enough for our lads. Also Old Trafford should suit them fine. One thing we have done in recent seasons at home is to bounce back.

I guess Jimmy will come back for Jake Ball, and Stokes will come back presumably for Steve Finn.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 19:52:42 »

Very good from Pakistan & lovely to have a properly competitive test, feels like a long time since that happened. They look very strong from 1-11 - or perhaps 2-11, as Shan Masood looks a bit cack.

Stokes in for Finn would mean Moeen at 9, which is a ridiculous amount of all rounders. But I could see them doing it. Glad to see Woakes come good, he's been brilliant in the CC for years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: