Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 109661 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 19:12:29 »

What is really worrying about this press ban is that the kit is going to look very creased.

Best post today.

It's All Good..............
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 19:27:31 »

Yeah, but dissobeying the club might get your access to club staff limited.

Oh.

haha, aren't they in that catch22 situation anyway. Also since when were they employed by the club?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 21:01:42 »

Best post today.

Obviously from a man who has never tried to iron a synthetic kit.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 21:03:04 »

Obviously from a man who has never tried to iron a synthetic kit.

Inside out on low heat......

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 21:30:01 »

Has Lee Power missed a trick here, how about this for another Brighton import:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/14/brighton-council-try-charge-200-recording-fee-interview

£200 per session, multiplied by each outlet would very quickly pay for some proper testing of his mate's smart phone app.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 21:38:24 »

Inside out on low heat......

Is that possible in a corby?
deltaincline

« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 23:45:07 »

Sandy Grey was fucking useless at general PR duties during the Diamandis era, but Chris Tanner kept things ticking along on the website and fed the journos with tit bits to keep them busy.

Even Martyn Starnes, who was a bona fide cunt by the way, had a bit of media nous. Granted, he spent most of his time noshing Bob Holt, Androikou and Diamandis, but he played the game even during the dark days and the playing side of the business carried on as normal.

Good as he may have been last season by bringing in a few decent players, Lee Power is a paranoid cunt with no fucking idea about modern day media and general PR.

He needs to bring someone in, sharpish, because it's inevitable that the situation will get out of hand when things are not going well on the pitch.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 07:13:01 »

Interesting article (& comments) in the Guardian.

Guardian: Swindon Town FC Bans Media Outlets from Press Conferences
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 07:27:45 »

Is that possible in a corby?

Good point.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 08:03:31 »

Interesting article (& comments) in the Guardian.

Guardian: Swindon Town FC Bans Media Outlets from Press Conferences

"Power suggested the Advertiser had 'backed the wrong horse' in a boardroom leadership battle"

Really? I don't remember the Adver being on Team Jed?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 08:49:56 »

Me neither, if anything they were Pro Power!
kaufman

« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:13:53 »

I think Power is referring to earlier goings on before the court case when the Adver has quite a few exclusives with Jed/Ged hearing his side of things.

I certainly remember Jed in the adver a lot at the time.
In hindsight that was always going to be the case when you consider the personalities of the two men.

Chrystovski

« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:22:35 »

"Power suggested the Advertiser had 'backed the wrong horse' in a boardroom leadership battle"

Really? I don't remember the Adver being on Team Jed?

The bloke needs to grow up, he's acting like a spoilt child.
I've certainly lost a bit of faith & trust in him this summer.

Hearing players talk passionately about the club, targets for the season, talking about his team mates, the gaffer etc all make you feel connected to the club & the players. I don't know about anyone else but despite the great run last season I never felt as connected with the club or players as I have done in the past. Such as the PDC, Wise & Poyet or Andy King eras. I think this came down to the lack of knowledge about what's going on behind the scenes etc.

I will always follow Swindon and as long as I can afford a season ticket, I will buy one but I can see why the odd neutral or part time supporter wouldn't part with their hard earned cash to watch us. If you have no history or affiliation with the club and you hear about the press ban and all of the cloak & dagger malarkey you'd stay well clear.
kaufman

« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:33:36 »

If and this is an important "If" Power is legit and running it as a business, a business that benefits the future of the club on and off the pitch, would you rather take the ride that Di Canio and Wray took us down, or the boardroom antics when Andy King was here, compared to this regime?

We were given a shed load of information in the Wray and Dicanio era, more connection than we could take, but behind the scenes we know the finances were handled extremely poorly.
Whether we had a sugar daddy or not (in the case of Black)

It should be an easy answer but completely understand why people get frustrated.
We can't have it all I'm afraid, last season was the closest we've got to getting it right in 15 years.

I'm aware i'm writing nothing of note we don't already know, just how I see it.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:37:18 »

The bloke needs to grow up, he's acting like a spoilt child.
I've certainly lost a bit of faith & trust in him this summer.

Hearing players talk passionately about the club, targets for the season, talking about his team mates, the gaffer etc all make you feel connected to the club & the players. I don't know about anyone else but despite the great run last season I never felt as connected with the club or players as I have done in the past. Such as the PDC, Wise & Poyet or Andy King eras. I think this came down to the lack of knowledge about what's going on behind the scenes etc.

I will always follow Swindon and as long as I can afford a season ticket, I will buy one but I can see why the odd neutral or part time supporter wouldn't part with their hard earned cash to watch us. If you have no history or affiliation with the club and you hear about the press ban and all of the cloak & dagger malarkey you'd stay well clear.

So you felt no connection to players like Thompson N and L, but did to players like Leon Clarke and Lucas Magera  Hmmm and felt more connected when the club was run by someone barred from directorship, who'd bought into the club for a laugh.  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: