Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108142 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 21:30:52 »

thankfully the official site have stopped being fucktards and are posting club stories directly to facebook/twitter again,  meaning I can avoid that turgid piece of shit app.

the media ban is still bollocks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 00:45:07 »

So the older generations who may not even have a mobile phone, let alone a smartphone, but buy the Adver to get their team's news - as they have probably done for the past 50 years - are left out in the cold are they?

Wouldn't have thought so Ronnie....there's still Wiltshire Sound.  In fact the presence of SSP there is ever so slightly wonderful. It may not be called that any more, and will probably not withstand the Tory purge of the BBC, but Brian from Larkhill, deserves a platform.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 07:01:16 »

So the older generations who may not even have a mobile phone, let alone a smartphone, but buy the Adver to get their team's news - as they have probably done for the past 50 years - are left out in the cold are they?

What about people that only have a tape deck in their car? Are they left out in the cold? We move on.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 08:29:35 »

What about people that only have a tape deck in their car? Are they left out in the cold? We move on.
My old man, a season ticket holder, is feeling 'left out in the cold'. He buys the Adver and uses it (used it) to find out ticket prices, ticket sales details, kick-off times, pre-match team news etc. He doesn't do social media because he doesn't want or need it. When he went to the CG to get a ticket for Everton, he made a point of mentioning to the staff that the lack of information in the Adver is detrimental to him (of course, he might be the only one, but probably not). The response was along the lines of: 'there's nothing I can do about it, you'll have to go to the main office if you want to tell someone about it.' (Rather than: 'Thank you for your comment, I'll make sure it gets passed on). He'll go down there again this morning to get a ticket for WBA and find out about whether he can still get a ticket for Liverpool.

This whole Power-Adver tiff and the limiting of media access may not be a problem to some, but it is a pain in the arse for others, and reflects badly on STFC.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 09:24:36 »

If he cannot get a ticket he can have my ST seat as I am not going to that game, not sure when they can release those tickets though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 10:27:27 »

I must be odd because I prefer the cloak and dagger to the days where the Adver would parade a new signing on their back page before we'd signed them and then they appeared a few day later with a Huddersfield scarf above their head.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #246 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 10:32:13 »

I must be odd because I prefer the cloak and dagger to the days where the Adver would parade a new signing on their back page before we'd signed them and then they appeared a few day later with a Huddersfield scarf above their head.

Ah Theo Robinson....yes that was eggy face moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 23:07:35 »

If he cannot get a ticket he can have my ST seat as I am not going to that game, not sure when they can release those tickets though.
Thanks for the offer, but he's a ST holder so should get a ticket for his seat as I don't think they've gone on general sale yet. I couldn't find any info on the official site. Cheers.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 23:55:31 »

Thanks for the offer, but he's a ST holder so should get a ticket for his seat as I don't think they've gone on general sale yet. I couldn't find any info on the official site. Cheers.
I believe he has until Monday to get his ST seat.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 08:13:56 »

I might be in the minority here but I'm reasonably satisfied with the Fanzai app. I've not experienced any of the crashes that other users had mentioned as of yet. The only thing I didn't like was random status updates from various footballers, none of whom play for Swindon. Although have since found out you can unfollow them so newsfeed is just STFC based.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 09:40:31 »

Are you Apple? Seems IOS is stable.

In any case the biggest issue with the App itself was that the club were trying to force people to use it to read official news. They seem to have stopped this.

Its a separate issue from the media lockout though.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 09:43:47 »

Yes Apple iPhone 5s and appears to be stable.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 10:23:37 »

I couldn't even open the app long enough to form an opinion on the content as it crashed constantly.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 10:59:33 »

Fanzai is unreliable and what they release of watered down news but they could resurrect Steve Jobs to sort out the bugs and Walter Cronkite to deliver news and it wouldn't make any difference because of the bland content they're being spoon fed from STFC.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 12:03:16 »

Can't see any coverage of yesterday's match on the Total Sport Swindon site.   Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: