Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108108 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:39:37 »

Blanket press ban on all staff by the club according to Sam Morshead.

Wonder why?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:46:12 »

Going by how they previously reacted to information getting out in the public domain, I wouldn't be surprised if it's to do with naming trialists. Pointless and self-defeating though.

I'm sure we can find out on Fanzai.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:52:57 »

I heard Tansmedia were welcomed with open arms...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:54:25 »

The club are yet again making a them and us scenario between the club and the press.

They are treating all press as being bringers of bad news and not using them as a communication device which all other clubs do to inform fans of happenings at the club.

I personally don't like it, yes some things need not get out to the fans/public but many many things do need to be told, nothing is being told currently and that just creates a bad atmosphere with fans thinking there are more underhand dealings happening.....which there probably isn't.

Given our clubs history of financial problems etc the fans need to be reassured that things are ok, this they are not getting and unlikely to with Power pulling the strings unfortunately.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:54:30 »

Something big coming, good or bad, who knows. The way things are it makes the Stasi seem people friendly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:59:17 »

Power is ruthless.

And a bit of a cock.

And with our history of he doesn't understand why secrecy is meet with extreme suspicion he's not the person I thought he was.

if I see him tonight I'll ask him.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:02:31 »

If keeping secrets till we've done our business gets us better players in for a lower price then I'm all for it. There's plenty of time for news.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:10:23 »

blanket ban is not just about players though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:14:46 »

Power is ruthless.

And a bit of a cock.

And with our history of he doesn't understand why secrecy is meet with extreme suspicion he's not the person I thought he was.

if I see him tonight I'll ask him.
Thats your ST banned then Wink
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:19:07 »

So what has triggered this? Sam and ASD giving away a few trialists names? Hinting about a couple of friendlies? The club aren't playing the game are they? If you want the press to be favourable you have to build a relationship, understand their needs as well as your own.  
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:21:49 »

Morning all. This hasn't just come about today, and there's not been a formal 'banning notice'. Since the end of last season - no interviews or access to anyone at the club, as a rule.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:22:28 »

Meh! *shrugs shoulders*
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:32:44 »

To stop any potential transfer leaks?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:35:39 »

...awaits fanzai official and exclusive media partner announcement...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:41:12 »

Regardless of how good signings possibly are or however good the finances are CLAIMED to be... when my club are banning the Town's longest standing newspaper for months with no explanation, putting out a blanket ban on interviews for all members of staff, refusing to communicate properly via Twitter or other media and religiously using a broken, half-assed and ineffective social media app for all the latest news?

Lee Power and the team are really trying to alienate us. So much for all his interviews of "I'm a football guy. I am a fan of the game so I know what the fans go through" etc etc blah blah. I really want to believe that what he's trying to do is positive for the club, but in the back of my mind I can't help but feel we're nothing but a money maker for him and nothing else.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: