Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 109676 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:56:44 »

Hah! 'I was only following orders' wasn't a defence for the Nazi's, I see no reason to allow it as a defence now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

You've gone down in my estimation Paul, does Power have to invade Poland before this PR bod stands up and says 'No More!'
You're right of course. We should all be on our guard for an announcement of a pre-season friendly in Walsall
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:59:11 »

You're right of course. We should all be on our guard for an announcement of a pre-season friendly in Walsall

Do you think he's formed an axis of evil with Oxford? Their pre season tour is in Austria!

My God! It all makes sense now!

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 14:09:12 »

Do you think he's formed an axis of evil with Oxford? Their pre season tour is in Austria!

My God! It all makes sense now!
It even says as much on the back of the new kit! What fools we've been!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 15:04:43 »

I don't see what the fuss is about....the Adver has taken its news from the TEF for years now, and will still be able to do so.

They can still do the match day stuff...

As for the PR stuff....mostly guff, what will affect gates are the usual drivers of cost, performance and time of year etc.

Might even get some of the idle journos out of the boozer and into being creative in their writing.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 15:26:57 »

The clubs quote has made todays 'Fiver'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/14/the-fiver-claudio-ranieri-leicester
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 15:54:57 »

Journos sticking up for journos is no big surprise.

Today, for me, saw the situation predictably move away from an issue of service (for fans) and more about a war-of-words between club and media.

The local and national press can make as many articulate statements or small piss-takes as they want but at the end of the proverbial, it's a two stubborn sides who aren't allowed to directly say or aren't allowed to say 'fucking grow up' and/or 'fuck off, we'll do it how we want'. Lee Power's disliking of the media as been evident from early on, it's only going to get worse in that respect.

...and as the days go by, my lack of caring (towards this subject) increases.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 16:09:36 »

I'm not sure I've really noticed a difference if I am being honest - before this ban the Adver produced dubious quality articles on a daily basis and they continue to do so since.

In terms of bans, Man Utd had one on the BBC and Ferguson for years.

Club should have just took it on the chin and played with it to be honest - no ban to see here (unless you are the Adver), just using some new fangled ideas as a trial as well.  I have no sympathy for their handling of this, but they have gone from having the Adver and the local BBC to having multiple people all wanting a pound of flesh from them, suppose they are combining a want to rationalise, control and potentially trial revenue streams as well.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 17:11:39 »

What is really worrying about this press ban is that the kit is going to look very creased.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 17:45:37 »

I think the mainpoint of this debacle is that it's clear statement that the interests of the fans simply aren't a factor in the decision-making at the club. Community club? Really?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 18:02:52 »

Here's my tuppence worth...

Some of the media may be complaining about the new set up. They will do, their job has got a little harder/more creative. What struck me and has been overlooked initially is this:

On the first day of pre-season not one of the journalists even bothered to go up to Beeversbrook. I know some work independently and time constraints are hard to manage. So i'll give AS-D some slack. SM was on holiday so left AW at the helm, he was in  Leicester reporting on the speedway. TB didn't respond but was not there. BBCW also weren't forthcoming as to why they hadn't sent a bod up there.  Granted, about two or three days later we had some good images by NY but not a lot in the way of literature.

Now this may not seem important, but as a fan the first day of pre-season marks a significant timeline on the footballing season. We want sniffs of who may be training with us, potential new signings and who isn't there that probably should and so on. To not have any journalist there (I have it on record that the local media were told that no interviews would be conducted/entertained at BB) is pretty unheard of. At the end of the day even when a journo is told "you won't be getting anything from us today" surely that fuels the curious and inquisitive nature of the job in which you are paid to do. Searching, digging, researching, no matter how small the return on intel. may be. You strive for that surely. Another nugget that your fellow journalist may have missed/not thought of.

To now start getting ruffled about a "media blackout" so to speak seems odd. You can't have it both ways. In no way do I necessarily condone the route the club are trying to take but maybe they see a strand here that many of us are missing purely because it's a "new" or "different" approach. Whatever route they take, it's irrelevant to the bottom line of how you give the customer the end product. Yeah, we're selfish like that.

So come on SM, AW, AS-D, TB, BBCW et al. Now is the time you'll really earn your crust and respect as journos. Being dignified and calm would make great strides. The club have set out their stall. Roll with it. Work with it. Deal with it. It's time to show us all how good your creative writing skills are (I know that you're all a talented bunch) and that will take further time, energy, even later nights but above all a passion for the job.

Don't take this as an attack, this is just showing you an opinion from another edge of the coin. Sometimes, we all need that.

Good luck.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 18:08:54 »

On the first day of pre-season not one of the journalists even bothered to go up to Beeversbrook.

Neither did the Official Site Wink
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 18:27:31 »

The club told all the journos not to turn up on day 1 of pre season. Hence why they didn't.

Personally I missed 'Pitch Watch' more than anything else. One close-season there was even a webcam displaying the progress of the pitch. This year I don't know if it was even dug up; what does the in-house journalist do if not report on things like that?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 18:55:41 »

The club told all the journos not to turn up on day 1 of pre season. Hence why they didn't.

Personally I missed 'Pitch Watch' more than anything else. One close-season there was even a webcam displaying the progress of the pitch. This year I don't know if it was even dug up; what does the in-house journalist do if not report on things like that?

Make everyone tea, change the loo rolls...

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 18:57:51 »

The club told all the journos not to turn up on day 1 of pre season. Hence why they didnt

Come on, if you're told that, all the more reason TO go up. Haha!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 19:00:42 »

Come on, if you're told that, all the more reason TO go up. Haha!

Yeah, but dissobeying the club might get your access to club staff limited.

Oh.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: