Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise at home  (Read 36194 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, March 22, 2015, 22:36:22 »

Not sure how that will help.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, March 22, 2015, 22:46:50 »

I went to Blackpool for 3 days in 1980, I saw Russ, Little and Large and Cannon and Ball on consecutive nights on the pier. My wife wonders why I'm weird.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, March 22, 2015, 22:53:22 »

I'll mention to the STFCTrust that we should try and get the MK game to have no music on the PA when we score. As a trial run, but I can't promise anything. I know we have been talking about it for ages, but it'll be up to the Town End to start a song.

But in other news I'm still after volunteers to wave some flags about for this game. I need people that sit in the Arkell's & DRS towards the Town End, any takers?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, March 22, 2015, 22:59:42 »

I'll mention to the STFCTrust that we should try and get the MK game to have no music on the PA when we score. As a trial run, but I can't promise anything. I know we have been talking about it for ages, but it'll be up to the Town End to start a song.

But in other news I'm still after volunteers to wave some flags about for this game. I need people that sit in the Arkell's & DRS towards the Town End, any takers?

Brain cells coming back, we did have a bit of a tirade with Coops on Thursday, saying that the music was shit and we should play xtc and the horn etc, It was late in the evening though so it probably came across a bit mongy, and didn't have a conclusion, or indeed a real start.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, March 22, 2015, 23:07:26 »

Brain cells coming back, we did have a bit of a tirade with Coops on Thursday, saying that the music was shit and we should play xtc and the horn etc, It was late in the evening though so it probably came across a bit mongy, and didn't have a conclusion, or indeed a real start.

I'll talk to the Trust or someone. I understand why they want music, but as long as we can convince them the TE will definitely get a song going I'm sure Arkells & DRS will join in.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 00:12:35 »

I've just realised that once I sort a group of flags to be waved in each stand for MK, why couldn't we have the stewards hand out the flags every game then collect them at the end.

It could become an every game thing. We have the flags and once people in the stands know it happens it can become a part of the match-day experience. Would anyone be against that?

Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 00:48:59 »

Dear Mr Collett,

Do you realise that it's busybodies like you which have allowed women to have almost equal rights. Most weekday afternoons at about 15-00 hrs they cause innumerable traffic jams, snarl up supermarket check-outs whilst rumbling through  handbags searching for credit cards (when I'm trying to buy a crate of beer), congregate en masse in ladies toilets debating whether or not to purchase black ribbed condoms.

Please take a good look at yourself.

Disgusted (from Epsom).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 09:43:47 »

Think a lot of people have wanted the horn back for a while! Might be something worth looking into?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 12:42:13 »

Some lovely comments on here about this game and this thread Smiley

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=13830&sid=173b43a4fc841259ffd05f1dbb9d65e7

What a scummy pile of filth from a despicable club and fanbase.

We can't make it hostile....we will see about that!

136 years of history vs 11 years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 12:53:30 »

Honestly, I'm surprised they have a forum.

Got to agree about the cringe factor, though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 13:38:38 »

Franchise giving grief? 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 13:42:23 »

This is a great idea in my opinion.

I remember going to a friend's birthday party when I was 7 years old and it was really boring - I couldn't wait until my mum and dad came to pick me up. Conversely, I had much fun at all the other parties I attended. The common denominator in the better events was balloons - something the boring party didn't have. Everyone knows balloons add to an atmosphere!!!!

At least if the game is really crap we can distract ourselves by playing keepie-uppies with the balloons in the stand, or try to gather them all up and tie them to someone as an experiment to see if they can get airborn. It'll be brilliantly funny if one of the balloons drifts on to the pitch whilst the game is going on because one of the players may step on it and scare himself when it goes bang haha.

I don't really care for flags though. They remind me of the time when I was 12 years old and our class was made to do orienteering:
I completely lost my bearings and ended up round the back of the school mound. Some of the older kids were smoking and asked me what I was doing there. I carefully explained I was doing an orienteering exercise but I'd lost my team. They pushed me over and laughed and said maybe it should be called disorienteering. I never wanted to go anywhere near that mound ever again.

I think it's no coincidence that there were a lot of flags about for the orienteering exercise and I encountered hostility like I'd never seen before, so definitely a good idea for the intimidation factor. Combine this with the balloons to get the party atmosphere and you have all the elements there for a good crowd.

Perhaps there could be someone at the front of the stand to conduct the singing? I remember in assembly at school the teachers did this and they pulled the singers putting in the most effort to the front of the assembly hall. Eventually there would be a small group at the front leading the rest. It's a really good idea because if one of your mates gets chosen you put in even more effort because you don't want to be second best.
kerry red

« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 13:45:24 »

Maybe AK47s would achieve the required 'atmosphere'.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 13:49:42 »

None of this is aimed at franchise anyway, because they'll bring about twelve. I expect Audreys farts are louder  Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 13:59:59 »

I'm really concerned they'll review their pricing policy for future fixtures and we'll have to pay 30 quid to watch a game  from the top tier. I hope Bill Powers considers this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: