Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise at home  (Read 35616 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:03:25 »

Hi all,

you're probably getting a bit sick of me and this stuff by now but I just got off the phone with someone from the Club and they're very interested in doing something for Franchise at home. It's a very important game and we're on the TV so it could be good to get a bit of coverage of what we're doing.

The first draft of a plan is this:

Firstly, we'll need a group of people that can help orchestrate it so we don't have rely on people on the day being forced into getting involved if they don't want to. This will include a group of fans in Arkell's and a group in DRS both towards the Town End of these stands.

The thought behind this is that Arkell's will be directly opposite the cameras so they'll pick it up and also it's in the family(ish) end so we can get some of the kids involved (this could match up with an initiative from the STFCTrust to do with giving kids a great day out to make them want to come back). And DRS just because there are plenty of passionate fans here that will want to be a part of it and we can orchestrate it together so we have two groups directly opposite one another doing similar stuff.

What will the groups be doing? I've spoken to the club and they're happy having flags on poles as long as it's not in the Town End. I'll be getting 20 flags with plastic sticks (from B&Q or something) and have 10 in each stand. For this I've taken inspiration from the Dortmund Kop where there's an impressive group of fans all waving flags above their heads. It's early days, but the more we do it, the more people will bring flags along of their own.

We can combine this with a large group of balloons in each stand to help spread the colour. And possibly rolling lengths of material over the crowd like the banquet paper from Vale.

I will be liaising directly with the club about organising this so we'll have the help of staff and stewards if we need it. Basically, I need volunteers to get involved. Waving flags, handing out balloons etc

Let's get behind the team and make it hostile for Franchise to play at the CG. If you don't want to get involved or don't like the idea, fair enough. Have a few bevvies and sing your heart out.

Any thoughts or ideas of how we can improve it are welcome.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:08:18 »

I'll be in a pub in London, but can't wait to see it, as you've certainly got a flair for this, as I wouldn't know where to start.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:13:51 »

Please don't call it the 'Dortmund Kop'

I come from a land down-under
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:16:20 »

Get the Arkells to do the Potsdam
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:19:36 »

Get the Arkells to do the Potsdam

Poznan surely
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:20:30 »

At the risk of sounding like a moaning bastard, how are these flags going to work? I've had some idiot waving a flag infront of me once and all it did was stop me from seeing about 80% of the pitch and pissed me off, balloons etc is fine because they don't generally interefere. If it's just when the players come out and when we score a goal, then it sounds great, and I'm all for what you're doing Jay and I don't want to be negative about it, because I'm sure it will help the atmosphere.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:26:27 »

Just give everyone a paper to rip up.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:27:16 »

At the risk of sounding like a moaning bastard, how are these flags going to work? I've had some idiot waving a flag infront of me once and all it did was stop me from seeing about 80% of the pitch and pissed me off, balloons etc is fine because they don't generally interefere. If it's just when the players come out and when we score a goal, then it sounds great, and I'm all for what you're doing Jay and I don't want to be negative about it, because I'm sure it will help the atmosphere.

It will only be at the end, before kick off and when we score Wink

kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:28:37 »

Poznan surely

Oops!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:44:41 »

Poznan surely

No...think Audrey means a bunch of old blokes sitting around putting the world to rights by carving up the immediate post war Europe...
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:47:47 »

Just give everyone a paper to rip up.

Quick and cheap and if most of the stands get involved it looks great. Im in.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 20:51:48 »

Quick and cheap and if most of the stands get involved it looks great. Im in.

Perhaps the Adver will donate a few ?
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 21:11:19 »

Perhaps the Adver will donate a few ?

Now you're talking. I will email The Adver and ask for any unsold copies. We could make the CG look like Beunos Aires  78.  

Good thinking Brownie.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 21:13:50 »

Now you're talking. I will email The Adver and ask for any unsold copies. We could make the CG look like Beunos Aries  78. 

Good thinking Brownie.

This is a great idea. But I'll need to check with the club first. They don't want to give the clean-up crew more to do on top of what is already a big job. Away days, hell yeah. But out of every club surely our own is one we don't want to piss off Smiley.

I'll ask my contact at the club though.

Is anyone up for helping out distribute flags to fans in the DRS?

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 20, 2015, 21:15:59 »

Now you're talking. I will email The Adver and ask for any unsold copies. We could make the CG look like Beunos Aires  78. 

Good thinking Brownie.

Kempes 1-0. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: