Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Fc Vs Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread  (Read 53199 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:33:46 »

Bogus Dave of this parish has an excellent highlights package of the Oxford game yesterday...

http://instagram.com/p/x_eFZrTeod/
Who needs the FLS Cool

Also loving the fact that Big Bad Barry got the winner. Perfect  Yes

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:46:11 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #241 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:34:03 »

Bogus Dave of this parish has an excellent highlights package of the Oxford game yesterday...

http://instagram.com/p/x_eFZrTeod/

hahahahahahah
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:53:27 »

That is funny, good work.
kerry red

« Reply #243 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 11:08:52 »

Franchise have 2 league games before we play again - look piss easy ones, too.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 11:54:09 »

Barnsley at home, Scunny away. Not the hardest but equally, far from a guaranteed 6 points. I see they are at home to FC82 or whatever it is we're calling them these days, on the 7th February.

The top 4 all still have to play each other so I'm sure there are lots more twists and turns to come. I know that sounds really cliche-ish but more often than not, cliches are actually correct.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 11:58:42 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:24:30 »

We are a net 3rd on GD if all win their games in hand. If. 
We are all going to have blips, like Franchise when they drew with Crawley despite their lack of GK.

Word of caution in seeing what happened to Tranmere the other season. Could happen to any of us.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:38:01 »

It's only a couple of years since there was a lengthy thread regarding us been ripped off at Hillsboro. How can Swindon be allowed to charge what they do. 25 quid to sit in the far top corner of the stand with Saltergateesque facilities. The outcome of the Hillsboro debate was that facilities in the away end where better than in the home end, which justified the extra charge. Yeh ok. The facilities at Swindon, basic would be an exaggeration, nice pillar to help in flexing the neck muscles to peer around though.

How can a club so much in debt (was there recent threats of ground closure) with such a high player budget be allowed to buy promotion at the expense of other clubs fans. It ain't rate. 

From chesterfield forum. Not sure your 407 fans will buy us promotion tbh fella. High player budget made me laugh as well

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:45:50 »

Such a higher player budget? Come on now, that's just showing off your ignorance.

Yes, the away prices are high. So are the home prices (season tickets aside). But that's a problem across English football, not just with us.
kerry red

« Reply #248 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:47:13 »

Easy answer. If you don't want to spend £25 on a ticket . . .

Don't fucking buy one

It's called choice
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:47:28 »

I think this poster on evidence was thick.

Exhibit a:
The facilities at Swindon, basic would be an exaggeration, nice pillar to help in flexing the neck muscles to peer around though.
The facilities aren't best, I think we agree. I think 400 fans from Chesterfield is a good turn out really. But in a stand that holds 1000 odd, why would you not pick a seat with a better view. There were 600 spaces to choose from.

If not thick then very ill informed:
How can a club so much in debt (was there recent threats of ground closure) with such a high player budget be allowed to buy promotion at the expense of other clubs fans. It ain't rate.

I'm not actually sure how much debt we have now, not sure how they got an exclusive. Even so the budget is pretty small, they may even have a bigger budget than us..

I post this in the hope said poster pops over here and reads it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:59:59 »

That pillar does get in the way no matter where you sit, but it's not really a massive view restriction.

Lots of our own fans have bashed the facilities in the Arkells. Apart from the corporate side of things and not being shiny and new, what's it missing?

Compared to some away stands at our level it's actually pretty decent. The Town End is worse ffs!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:05:43 »

On the one hand, I would fully agree with anyone who says that £25 is too much to watch L1 football. In relation to other clubs though, it's not that much any more is it? I just had a look at prices for our game at Oldham for example and away seating is £22.00 so I don't see that it's that big of a deal and hardly worthy of comment.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:12:05 »

Bloody clever movement from Swift for his goal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:12:39 »

That pillar does get in the way no matter where you sit, but it's not really a massive view restriction.

The front block... Unless they were jobsworthed out of being able to sit there.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:15:22 »

But they have to win them..  they should have beaten Crawley.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: