Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 131406 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 08:54:43 »

Be interesting to see what our next home attendance will be. Surely now everyone will see that we're very much in the promotion race. No excuses really.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #361 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:07:26 »

Oh and when the young Swindon team did a lap of the pitch, the City fans also clapped them so fair play for showing a bit of class.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:15:18 »

Absolutely fucking magnificent.

I slated both Stephens and Branco last week but what superb peformances from them both.

I thought we struggled to create for about an hour but after that a goal was inevitable as we really stepped it up. With Kasim and Luongo, it would have been a different story.

I enjoyed the aftermath of the goal from my South Stand vantage point - the City lads losing their head at the front of the Bank was like a scene straight out of Green Street - young chavs, old men - worth the admission price alone. Better still, what prompted this was a few Swindon lads jumping the barrier at the front of the South Stand and celebrating on the touchline with arms raised towards the away end! Superb.

Bitter words from their throwback manager post match - which makes the victory even sweeter.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:35:31 »

Oh and when the young Swindon team did a lap of the pitch, the City fans also clapped them so fair play for showing a bit of class.

The majority anyhow, a few were calling them wankers apparently, hence them lifting the cup up to them, one of the kids mums posted that on twitter
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:38:32 »

What's with Flint's gesture towards Louis Thompson at the end? Suggest it's racism and OTIB would melt.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:49:55 »

Be interesting to see what our next home attendance will be. Surely now everyone will see that we're very much in the promotion race. No excuses really.
You couldn't get a bigger contrast to Bristol City than Fleetwood. No local rivalry and a pretty minute away following I'm guessing. It would be nice to get around 8,000. As you say, it will be interesting.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:57:01 »

Brilliant.

Also, fan reaction here -
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:12:00 by bigbobjoylove » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #367 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 09:58:42 »

Seems to be Cotterill's game plan was to get a few meaty challenges in early to either try and intimidate our young players or to get them to react and hope for yellows or red.

The fact that it backfired disastrously, for them, is why he is so pissed off.

Whatever effect the red had on the outcome of the game their fuckwit manager must shoulder a good part of the blame.

Their fans seem to think our 'lap of honour' after the game was a sign of how it was our cup final and the fact that they do this after every home game, win, lose or draw, is beyond their comprehension.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:12:58 »

Eh... Since when did Bristol City become a big club? Am i missing something?

Delusions of grandeur on the back of a decade of moderate success by playing in the championship, which lets not forget is the pinnacle of their existence.

Dick waving aside, yes they currently have a couple of thousand more fans than us. According to Wiki their average attendance last season, admittedly a poor season was 10,699. Wow. Fucking massive. If they had a few seasons of mediocrity in league 1 then I'm sure their attendances would be around or below ours.

So my conclusion is that a bit of relative success over a decade has given them a warped view of reality. Much as I hate to say it, the plastics in the other direction have left us behind a bit in terms of club size thanks to Madjetski. Even a redeveloped Ashton Gate will keep the Slave Traders firmly in the same bracket as us.

Shame they have Lansdown to keep funding their promotion charges really.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:23:20 »

Had the guy who started the Swindon song in the DRS just before the game sat a couple rows behind me. If we had a couple more like him in the DRS and Arkells the atmosphere would be improved dramatically.
kerry red

« Reply #370 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:27:46 »

Atmosphere  is usually down to away fans attending, thereby giving home fans a reason to sing.

Even the wrinklies in the Arkells were in voice yesterday - with a sizeable enclave up close and personal to the City fans
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:27:54 »

Not a big one for reading other team's forums, but OTIB is magnificent today. I have no illusions whatsoever that the Adver comments would have been just as embarrassing if the shoe was on the other foot but it's just lovely, from the people decrying Peacock (personal favourite, the one getting angry about the bbc's gramtical (sic) mistakes) to the people who literally appear to be finding things they can complain to the FA about, from a player being happy that we won to the lights not working in their bogs. Oh, and the standard 'at least we showed some passion' thing that all football fans do when one of their players gets themselves pointlessly sent off.
kerry red

« Reply #372 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:31:41 »

Apparently, they only got 4 porta-pissers for their fans on the Bank.

Wondered what that smell was after the game
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:31:50 »

I had a quick gander earlier at OTIB - I would be embarrassed if this forum went the same as that in defeat against local rivals.

In fact the thread when we lost to Oxford in 2012 while top of the league was far more measured http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=47193.0

And City never seem to grasp the concept if you have to keeping saying you're a "big club" then you're clearly not otherwise it would be self-evident.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #374 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:37:46 »

Peacock's ace. I'm surprised BBC Wilts haven't had him as a co-commentator yet. Or maybe they have and I missed it.

I actually find it really hard to listen the commentary (Swindon Town Player fuck ups aside) - it's too frustrating not being able to see what's happening.
I don't remember Lee being on the Swindon comms ever either, he was very good yesterday, said things how he saw it but obviously wanted us to win.

Our comms frustrates me, not just as you state about breaking up constantly but you have no idea where the ball is or who has it for 95% of the game, been surprised a few times this season when he shouts "and thats a goal" we have no idea if its for us or against us for a while as we are not even told the ball is going towards either goal.

And then he gets overly excited about a chance for us and it sounds like we have scored when its not. This really fucks me off, yes get excited when we score....say "and its a goal for Swindon/the opposition" straight away, don't let us keep guessing until we hear him say a name of the scorer.

This is why I listen a lot to the opposition commentary, as I did yesterday, again, you get a better picture of what is happening on the pitch and where.

Sort it out BBC/Player/STFC please. The service we get as a paying subscriber is shit compared to other teams.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: