Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 129121 times)
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 23:36:35 »

Have loved following all of this from up here today. Was in the supermarket when I heard the result, went mental and got a few funny looks as a result. Fair play to Smith, did very well to take his goal as he had plenty to do by the looks of it. Scenes at the end on YouTube great to see, there seems to be a great spirit in the squad & our lads don't accept intimidation - very good qualities to have. Can't wait for the trip to Peterborough next weekend. Never used an emoticon but to all those at Slashton Gate..... Smug Fuck Off
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 01:01:25 »

Their right back Mark Little on twitter. What a twat

@Litts_2: Id like to congratulate swindon on there cup win this afternoon #joeys #choppers #cheekygirltwins #JETletyouhomeyet? http://t.co/kn5sLdqtBV

Their.............it's their
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 01:12:14 »

Get in you fookers, been at a wedding all day so could not attend but you fook in reds !!!  Beers
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 01:13:30 »

That was fuckin' ace, still buzzin' 5 hours and 5 pints later. Nothing much to add to previous comments other than it was very impressive how we kept our nerve, and patience, despite all the provocations. Also I didn't see one Town player not wanting the ball even when it was getting a bit frustrating.

Thought Stevens and Branco had great games too, plus kudos to Cooperman for putting Bernie down the middle and Gladwin out wide 2nd half.

I wonder what effect a match like this has on the younger players, loanees or ours? Toffo, Stevens, Bernie: why would they want to go to sit on the bench, at best, at higher clubs when they can get the buzz like today? Does more money really matter that much when you're 20/21?

1 pint per hour Huh??
Sadly, I prob know the answer to that...
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #349 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 01:24:45 »

1 pint per hour ?

I refer the Hon Gentleman to the answer I gave earlier, viz knock off the 3 hours I spent driving home.

Don't 'ee worry none, I haven't let you gallonistas down, specially in wurzel country.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 02:15:57 »

Beers
Loved every second of that Youtube footage  Cool
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 02:33:58 »

Get in.

Thought we might leg em over and we did.....

I thought City showed how good they really were as they didnt look like they had ten men for much of the first half. I missed the red card due to drinking commitments.....

Second half was a different story as they seemed to sit back, invite pressure and absorb. Maybe if they had had a go they might of got something out of it.

Fucking great result....always deluded....Massive City, population, fan base,expectation and yet.....won fuck all since 54 (forget 82 and all that) and we have the cheek to beat them in the third tier of English Football...ha ha ha ha....

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 02:45:46 »

In other news Cheltenham get dicked 5:1 by Stevenage.

As Jimmy Greaves said "it's a funny old game, Saint!".

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 03:51:32 »

We were lucky!

Typical bad losers...

Clems Army!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 06:51:48 »

I come from a land down-under
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 08:09:09 »

We were lucky!

Typical bad losers...

Just watched their Manager's 'interview'.  Blimey.  And they think we're tinpot?!  I was cringing as a watched that.  No class at all from Cotterill.  Body language of a teenage fan who'd just left the pub after drowning his sorrows.

With that attitude, he'll be no use at all to them in learning the lessons from the defeat.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 08:09:23 »

Will we be fined by the FA for our players celebrating in front of their fans and the tunnel incident be investigated? Anyone know?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 08:14:27 »

We were lucky!

Typical bad losers...

I think we should all accept the fact that we are just a tin pot club who do not deserve to be on the same pitch as the mighty Bristol City. As Wilbraham rightly says, they would 'definitely' have beaten us with 11 players. As it 'definitely' was not a sending off, we should do the honourable thing and appeal to the FL to have the points awarded to City and they can have their unbeaten run restored. Only then will justice have been done.

On the other hand...

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 08:32:46 »

I fucking love that picture of Thompson in front of their fans.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #359 on: Sunday, November 16, 2014, 08:37:33 »

Best home game I've been to in at least 5 years. The Town End was rocking, wish it could be like that every week.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: