Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32415 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:25:03 »

Now now kids, let's not let another thread descend into name-calling.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #196 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:25:34 »

Shut up you French twat
Flashheart

« Reply #197 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:27:29 »

Shut up you French twat

Grin
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:35:28 »

Shut up you French twat

Power-crazed yokel.  Tongue Out

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #199 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:41:20 »

This was fun
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:41:55 »

Shut up you French twat

Who the fuck are you calling French?!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #201 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:52:37 »

Power-crazed yokel.  Tongue Out

Being an admin on here gives my life meaning  Crying
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:53:27 »

Back to the point....when confronted with traditional norvern hoofball merchants intent on physical damage, reverting to some underhand tricks is sadly a necessary part of the game.

It was ever thus....when writing of how Our 'Arold was kicked out of the 1912 FA Cup semi final by Barnsley, and so missing the replay, the correspondent of the Daily Express was moved to write " Barnsley's treatment of one of the cleanest players to ever don a football shirt was disgraceful. To stop a clever opponent by maiming him is not football as understood in the South"

Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:16:16 »

Pretty sure it was mention on coms Saturday that Hanson was the most penalised player in the football league last season up until around march when injuries limited his outings
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #204 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 11:41:16 »

Pretty sure it was mention on coms Saturday that Hanson was the most penalised player in the football league last season up until around march when injuries limited his outings
He was/is, you are correct.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:08:30 »

Good Morning Robins, Bradford City fan here in peace

I thought, and hope, you might welcome a view from a fair minded opposition fan about Saturdays game.

First of all, well done on your victory at Valley Parade.

I thought we dominated the first twenty minutes or so, and were well worth our goal lead. Sat behind the goal on the kop at the other end, it was difficult for me to determine whether the penalty decision was a correct one, even the tv coverage I have seen seems inconclusive. However, no matter, we didn't put the spot kick away anyhow.
After that opening period, where you barely got out of our half, our insecurities about defending set pieces without our injured star defender Andrew Davies, came to the fore and we conceded two more goals from set pieces, following on from the two in our last home game against Yeovil.
After you took the lead, I thought you played some terrific football and were well worth your half time lead. The second half started where the first half ended, with your team outclassing our pedestrian midfield, and were carving us open with ease. It wasn't until we brought on our sub Filipe Morais, that we started to get back into the game, as we abandoned the diamond formation and started to play with more width. Then for some inexplicable reason your team resorted to gamesmanship to attempt to stop us in our tracks.
Now, along with most Bradford City fans, I think I am fair minded where the opposition are concerned, and our message board, 'Claret and Banter', was full of gushing praise for Yeovil last week, who played us off the park. What sullied your performance for me was the antics of Thompson and Branco with their despicable gamesmanship. Branco, quite frankly was a complete embarrassment to the profession, flinging himself to the ground feigning injury on a few occasions in the last 15 minutes or so. One incident as we lined up to take a corner when he had hold of Billy Clarke,and Clarke managed to free himself and Branco fell to the ground screeching like a baby holding his face, was one of the worst cases of cheating I have ever seen.
I am not here to condone Sheehan, by the way, who deservedly got his marching orders, but I can understand why he lost it with this blatant cheat.

Its a shame my report ends on that note, as I thought your team played some terrific football, and were gaining praise from fans around me. However, Cooper needs to have a word with Thompson, and especially Branco. Now I am sure Swindon fans who were at the game may say its sour grapes on my part and that I have exaggerated, but sat at the other end of the ground, your fans would not have appreciated this blatant cheating from them, and could not possibly for example have seen Thompson winking and laughing at our fans on the kop after feigning an injury. I can assure you its not sour grapes, I just for the life of me cannot understand why a good footballing side as yours had to resort to these ugly tactics

All the best for the rest of the season

Cheers Geoff.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 16:18:04 »

Tbf Branco does like to go down rather easily (punch aside), yesterday not being the first time.

Hard to see what was going on down their end of the pitch but at our side of the pitch hansen was all over our defenders which Smith was doing as well so fair game imo, ref was too weak to stop it. The ref was that useless prick we had for the farcical notts county away game last season. For what its worth I didnt think Bradford were that dirty compared with other teams we have played in the last year, especially in CM where our 3 outfought theirs for the majority of the game
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: