Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford City v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32941 times)
bantam

« Reply #165 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:20:26 »

Good Morning Robins, Bradford City fan here in peace

I thought, and hope, you might welcome a view from a fair minded opposition fan about Saturdays game.

First of all, well done on your victory at Valley Parade.

I thought we dominated the first twenty minutes or so, and were well worth our goal lead. Sat behind the goal on the kop at the other end, it was difficult for me to determine whether the penalty decision was a correct one, even the tv coverage I have seen seems inconclusive. However, no matter, we didn't put the spot kick away anyhow.
After that opening period, where you barely got out of our half, our insecurities about defending set pieces without our injured star defender Andrew Davies, came to the fore and we conceded two more goals from set pieces, following on from the two in our last home game against Yeovil.
After you took the lead, I thought you played some terrific football and were well worth your half time lead. The second half started where the first half ended, with your team outclassing our pedestrian midfield, and were carving us open with ease. It wasn't until we brought on our sub Filipe Morais, that we started to get back into the game, as we abandoned the diamond formation and started to play with more width. Then for some inexplicable reason your team resorted to gamesmanship to attempt to stop us in our tracks.
Now, along with most Bradford City fans, I think I am fair minded where the opposition are concerned, and our message board, 'Claret and Banter', was full of gushing praise for Yeovil last week, who played us off the park. What sullied your performance for me was the antics of Thompson and Branco with their despicable gamesmanship. Branco, quite frankly was a complete embarrassment to the profession, flinging himself to the ground feigning injury on a few occasions in the last 15 minutes or so. One incident as we lined up to take a corner when he had hold of Billy Clarke,and Clarke managed to free himself and Branco fell to the ground screeching like a baby holding his face, was one of the worst cases of cheating I have ever seen.
I am not here to condone Sheehan, by the way, who deservedly got his marching orders, but I can understand why he lost it with this blatant cheat.

Its a shame my report ends on that note, as I thought your team played some terrific football, and were gaining praise from fans around me. However, Cooper needs to have a word with Thompson, and especially Branco. Now I am sure Swindon fans who were at the game may say its sour grapes on my part and that I have exaggerated, but sat at the other end of the ground, your fans would not have appreciated this blatant cheating from them, and could not possibly for example have seen Thompson winking and laughing at our fans on the kop after feigning an injury. I can assure you its not sour grapes, I just for the life of me cannot understand why a good footballing side as yours had to resort to these ugly tactics

All the best for the rest of the season
REDBUCK

« Reply #166 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:30:26 »

Glad to hear or young professionals are wising up to Div 1 football.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:33:57 »

Sorry to hear that. If true, it's unfortunately not that surprising from a player brought up in the South American tradition.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
bantam

« Reply #168 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:38:40 »

Glad to hear or young professionals are wising up to Div 1 football.

A  big difference in 'wising up' and cheating. Is it a tactic of Cooper, or just in the South American nature of Branco, I wonder?. I thought this cheating nonsense was exclusive to the prima donna foreign players that ply their trade in the Premiership.  
Flashheart

« Reply #169 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:41:42 »

Any comment on Sheehan punching out just after his penalty miss, which can be clearly seen on the highlights?
bantam

« Reply #170 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:46:20 »

Any comment on Sheehan punching out just after his penalty miss, which can be clearly seen on the highlights?

Yes sure, if you watch it, Thompson runs from out of initial camera shot, all the way up to Sheehan, and for some inexplicable reason, barges in to him, whats that all about then?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:46:57 »

A  big difference in 'wising up' and cheating. Is it a tactic of Cooper, or just in the South American nature of Branco, I wonder?. I thought this cheating nonsense was exclusive to the prima donna foreign players that ply their trade in the Premiership.  

Why would you think that? It occurs in every under-9 game where the kids have access to television, and all levels in between. There should be more retrospective punishment available where simulation is proven by video review.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #172 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:49:49 »

Sourest of sour grapes. Your salty tears nourish me.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:51:14 »

I think you should have a good look at your own players when you take off your rose tinted glasses, Hanson was at it all match,pushing,holding Branco down,elbowing and going down like a dying swan.By all means point out misdemeanours,but have a look at your own
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:51:31 »

I can clearly remember John Jock cunt McGinlay cheating us in the League cup semi final and it still pisses me off....

Forget chips in footballs and squirty foam....start retro banning players for diving and feigning injury.

Clems Army!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:52:03 »

Ahhh a hard done by Bradford fan. The ref was fucking awful for both teams on Saturday. In actual fact he let you get away with a hell of a lot too. Oh and he gave you a penalty for a perfectly good tackle. The moral for Mr Sheehan in this is; don't punch someone on the football pitch and expect them not to go down you big headed twat.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:53:13 »

I can clearly remember John Jock cunt McGinlay cheating us in the League cup semi final and it still pisses me off....

Forget chips in footballs and squirty foam....start retro banning players for diving and feigning injury.

This .... but we'd end up watching 5 a side games.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #177 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:56:17 »

Yes sure, if you watch it, Thompson runs from out of initial camera shot, all the way up to Sheehan, and for some inexplicable reason, barges in to him, whats that all about then?
Could be something to do with the fact that Sheehan was a complete and utter cunt when he played for us. Took a very good wage and did fuck all for it. I don't condone cheating but that mouth breather cheated a wage for a year from us so that's just a very small part repayment.  
bantam

« Reply #178 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:57:57 »

Ahhh a hard done by Bradford fan. The ref was fucking awful for both teams on Saturday. In actual fact he let you get away with a hell of a lot too. Oh and he gave you a penalty for a perfectly good tackle. The moral for Mr Sheehan in this is; don't punch someone on the football pitch and expect them not to go down you big headed twat.

Not hard done at all. As I say, I thought your team played some good football and deservedly won the game. We should have been out of sight, before Thompson and Branco's cheating antics kicked in
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:59:17 »

Haha, I quite liked you until then, go cry your bitter tears into your horlicks...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: