Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Coventry City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27276 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:55:03 »

Why do we have 1,000 less every week just because their isn't some mad Italian throwing his arms about?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:56:38 »

I sometimes wonder what some people want/expect. I think we've generally played pretty well this season, and at times have been very good. It's certainly surpassed my expectations after watching us pre-season. But to hear some people go on (on here, on social media and at the game), you'd think we were Crewe. We're a bit threadbare and strength in depth clearly isn't a watchword, but we're doing pretty well and largely playing some nice stuff.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:58:01 »

Row Z.  Back and one along from you.

I consider myself chastised.  I tried to make myself small so as not to get in the way.  But I couldnt.
You did go to quite an effort losing all that weight.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:00:25 »

I was helped by the sudden disappearance of the sweet stall in the DRS.  Where has that gone?  Thats the only reason I go in the DRS, the kids insist on it. 

Never knowingly overstated.
kerry red

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:00:57 »

Why do we have 1,000 less every week just because their isn't some mad Italian throwing his arms about?

Sure we had over 9000 last season with Cooper in charge.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:01:37 »

I sometimes wonder what some people want/expect. I think we've generally played pretty well this season, and at times have been very good. It's certainly surpassed my expectations after watching us pre-season. But to hear some people go on (on here, on social media and at the game), you'd think we were Crewe. We're a bit threadbare and strength in depth clearly isn't a watchword, but we're doing pretty well and largely playing some nice stuff.

Spot on.
Moan at the lack of investment, the high prices, lack of players and no doubt many more excuses.
Maybe we have a bigger out of Town support than from the Town itself now.
What can we seriously do to attract bigger crowds ?
Maybe this is what it is. Sad really as the football on show is excellent.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:09:37 »

Apart from the style of football the one thing that really impresses me this season and givens me real hope that we can sustain this is the fact that we bounce back. When we go a goal down we don't go to pieces. Given the age and experience of the team this is a pleasant surprise. We're one forward and one central defender away from a very decent team. As it is we are a decent team. If I was Power though given the crowd I might be a bit loathe to throw more money at it. 
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:11:19 »

My frustration at short corners aside, I'm happy with the point and I think we are playing some bleeding good stuff at times. Its a real shame more don't  come along but with the matchday prices I'm not surprised. This looks like being a better season than I was expecting, keep it up lads!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:13:26 »

I'm pretty sure that it's happening everywhere.  This discussion started off with Audrey pointing out that Oxford only managed 4,200 today...which is shocking, even by their standards.  Us, them, and plenty of other clubs, I'd imagine.

Lower league football still needs to undergo a re-adjustment.  Ticket prices are simply too high and, increasingly, price out all but the completely committed fan.  Charging £27 for a ticket to watch Third Division football is farcical, and has to change.  This is not a Swindon-specific problem, but we are at the sharp end of it because we do charge more than most at this level.  At Championship level, I would feel comfortable paying £25 maybe.  At a stretch.  I will go plenty of times this season, but then I got hooked nearly 25 years ago when a ticket on the Stratton Bank cost me around £8.
JoeMezz

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:14:03 »

Actually, Smith wasn't that great. Certainly not compared to Byrne. First time I've seen Waldon and he looked pretty useful, certainly fits our systems. I also thought Barker looked a skilful and tidy player but offered no real threat when he came on.

Not bothered about the attendances, I wish a few more would fuck off so I can actually watch the game during injury time without having a constant flow of people walking down the steps.

Byrne was immense, and has been all season - such a threat every time we get the ball.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:16:41 »

I got to feel for Lelan, as he kept on getting some poor balls from Turnbull, as they were prsseed and harried well by the Cov front pairing, who were both replaced on the hour, so that was their game plan.

Short corners are shit...End of.

The officials were cocks, and we should've had a pen with 10 mins to go for handball from a corner after one of the Cov players threw his hand up and deflected the ball away.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:34:26 »

but then I got hooked nearly 25 years ago when a ticket on the Stratton Bank cost me around £8.
Which would be £17 in today's cash. We were second tier then of course so much better value.

I'd like to see the Town End prices brought down to £15 so we at least fill that stand every game and generate an atmosphere.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:38:00 »

I don't get the moaning about the prices, ours are nowhere near the highest in this league, and Season tickets are lower than they were 10-12 years ago. Red herring.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 19:03:15 »

I don't get the moaning about the prices, ours are nowhere near the highest in this league, and Season tickets are lower than they were 10-12 years ago. Red herring.
Not at all. 25 quid is going to deter all but the most committed fan. Way too high for 3rd division football. Season ticket prices are irrelevant in attracting casual fans back. And the fact that other clubs are also way too high is not going to attract those same fans back either.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 19:03:24 »

Which would be £17 in today's cash. We were second tier then of course so much better value.

I'd like to see the Town End prices brought down to £15 so we at least fill that stand every game and generate an atmosphere.
This is bang on and somthing I thought poer would want, charge £15 fill it up get an atmosphere, simples. #coyr
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: