Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Coventry City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27756 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 16:49:43 »

Shows how we all watch different games at times I suppose Batch. I certainly can't see  how Sonic thinks Brad Smith was great at times either but maybe I just had a bad day at the office.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for me in the first half his final ball was poor, and he dawdled too long when we broke with two options ahead of him. You could of course see it as him getting the ball and trying to play in players, and driving forward.

Brand Smith seemed pretty anonymous to me BTW Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 16:50:15 »

Its those fucking orange boots, I tells ya.

Both Lelan and Smith wear them
kerry red

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 16:53:36 »

Forgot to add that I thought Connor showed some nice touches in the 60 mins he had today.

Promising for the future

As for the attendance - at least its better than the 4200 The Yellow Filth got
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 16:55:10 by Audrey » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:00:12 »

Actually, Smith wasn't that great. Certainly not compared to Byrne. First time I've seen Waldon and he looked pretty useful, certainly fits our systems. I also thought Barker looked a skilful and tidy player but offered no real threat when he came on.

Not bothered about the attendances, I wish a few more would fuck off so I can actually watch the game during injury time without having a constant flow of people walking down the steps.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:09:23 »

The first half was pretty crap as a spectacle and we gave a goal away from one of our short corners. Lelan made a pretty bad fuck up but I thought the forwards control made Wes favourite to get it but didn't quite. After that we continued to leave Lelan exposed. He went to pieces but I felt sorry for the lad. one minute he's back to Derby, then he's back here and not given a great deal of help from those around him. Talking of which Connor Waldon had fuck all help from Williams who was very poor today and must have been injured as he couldn't even outrun the fat cunt no 5 who was as useless and slow as it gets - possibly matched by their no 20 who was woeful..
I agreed with Byrne as MOM but Luongo had a very good second half. I have to eat humble pie with Byrne. last season I thought he was crap but he's looking excellent this season and pretty consistent too.
Given everything a draw was a decent result but Coventry were shit and I'm pretty sure with Nate Dog playing we would have won.
Also, the ref was another useless bastard.  
And that was a very poor crowd from both Cov and us.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:12:57 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
DRS

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:29:31 »

We need to be realistic here,home fans is not that bad if we are honest. While us regulars will see what the club are trying to do the casual fan will see that we have only signed 2 players all summer and even when we struggle to put a side out we end up calling back a centre half we sent back after not following up his initial one month loan.

I would love more people to come and watch this bunch but frankly the club are not helping themselves at all
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:33:25 »

I thought Mass was superb today, in a similar way that Yaser was on Tuesday evening. We like to keep the ball. It's a joy to watch at times and frustrating at others. I'm not unhappy with a point but maybe we could have got more.

Really, I thought his passing and some of his decisions were poor today, particularly in the first half.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:36:16 by joteddyred » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:41:48 »

We need to be realistic here,home fans is not that bad if we are honest. While us regulars will see what the club are trying to do the casual fan will see that we have only signed 2 players all summer and even when we struggle to put a side out we end up calling back a centre half we sent back after not following up his initial one month loan.

I would love more people to come and watch this bunch but frankly the club are not helping themselves at all

Still lots of people on hols, and more I suspect still skint from ones they've had. I do agree with what you said as well though, mix of both Imo.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:42:06 »

Actually, Smith wasn't that great. Certainly not compared to Byrne. First time I've seen Waldon and he looked pretty useful, certainly fits our systems. I also thought Barker looked a skilful and tidy player but offered no real threat when he came on.

Not bothered about the attendances, I wish a few more would fuck off so I can actually watch the game during injury time without having a constant flow of people walking down the steps.

Sorry sonic.  I blame my child.  When Im there on my own I stay right till the end.

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:44:09 »

My first game this season (due to work and holidays) and I enjoyed it.  Think we play good football and Im not expecting much so getting a point against Coventry, Im happy.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:46:05 »

Sorry sonic.  I blame my child.  When Im there on my own I stay right till the end.

It's not as if you're trying to get out of Old Trafford though, is it?

I tried to find you at half time to say hello but you'd vanished. Were you sat in the invisible row?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:50:33 »

Piss poor attendance again.

Worrying

Yes our support is fucking shit.
Do my head in pathetic apathetic moaners.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:52:02 »

Row Z.  Back and one along from you.

I consider myself chastised.  I tried to make myself small so as not to get in the way.  But I couldnt.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:53:24 »

Another enjoyable game played by two decent footballing sides.
Love watching this style of football. Credit to the lower league.
If we had an out and out goal poacher who knows where we could end up this season.
Very impressed, sure a few mistakes but the effort the lads are putting in full of praise.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 17:54:11 »

Considering Smith has come through the Liverpool academy and played for the first team I thought his first touch was shocking and he is very hesitant when going for the ball.Him and Lelan ( who I felt for today) are definite weak links IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: