Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Coventry City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27273 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 06:34:50 »

It did look like more than 7,200 or whatever it was to be fair. I would have guessed at around 8 but in the town end its hard as you don't see the rest of the stand which is normally empty on the left hand side.

First half wasnt great yesterday we passed it alright but had no and it was poor defending for their goal despite Wes' best efforts. Second half was much better though. We had a go and got a deserved goal. I actually thought we would win it from there but we run out of steam late on. Good point against a decent side.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #136 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:16:25 »

I know a few stay aways who say that their money is hard earned and they don't want to see it in the pockets of a crook. If they could see it in the club then they'd go. Jed was a cunt who switched a fair amount off Town. Power winning the case and saying money left the club legitimises the stay aways as does the stories about bills not being paid.
I think Power may be the real deal. He's done what he said he would do and I think has been extremely honest. The court case didn't help but the scoreboard is working, the tannoy is sorted, the police have been part paid - there may be more reasons than lack of money as to why the full bill has not been paid. Although there has been a lack of signings, we are doing very well.
My glass is half full.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 08:31:05 »

The fans who stay away citing a lack of signings/investment really fucking annoy me. How do they think sustainability works?

It's All Good..............
lambourn red

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:00:37 »

Our crowds maybe going down slightly but spare a thought for our yellow bellied friends up the A420 who had 4300 there yesterday
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:12:10 »

It did look like more than 7,200 or whatever it was to be fair. I would have guessed at around 8 but in the town end its hard as you don't see the rest of the stand which is normally empty on the left hand side.

From the DRS the TE and Arkells looked notibaly more sparsely populated than last season. Its hard to judge the stand you sit in, thought the DRS was fairly full on Tuesday, then saw a youtube clip of a goal from the Arkells and the DRS looked practically empty.

The fans who stay away citing a lack of signings/investment really fucking annoy me. How do they think sustainability works?

They don't care how it works do they?

IMO the only way to win people like that back is to prove to them we are capable of getting promotion. We are doing fantastically well at the moment, but even I'm not convinced this model can provide that.

DRS

Re:
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:19:37 »

But they are not fans as such,it is the walk up customer that is lacking at the moment as it's clear the usual hardcore is still there. My point is it is up to the club to get them back. Charging 25 quid a game then banging on about  sustainability  while not paying bills on time is likely to make them think here we go again.

Fans close to the club know the score but talk to anyone else and they are under the impression the club is fucked and a lot of that is due to negative media that the club has got and that all stems from the club not wanting to talk to the press at all
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:27:02 »

I think marketing at football clubs is generally piss poor and when we do have promotions it is the same people that find out about it every time. What is really done to actively go out to a population 200k+ to get people to fill a 15,000 stadium? Football is mass market and covers all ages, its not like selling cheese to vegans. It should be better
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:37:56 »

From the DRS the TE and Arkells looked notibaly more sparsely populated than last season. Its hard to judge the stand you sit in, thought the DRS was fairly full on Tuesday, then saw a youtube clip of a goal from the Arkells and the DRS looked practically empty.

Sitting in the Arkells, you can see  lots of gaps in the DRS that have always been filled in the last few seasons. There are also a number of people who have had season tickets by us in the Arkells for a few years, who haven't surfaced this season.

They don't care how it works do they?

IMO the only way to win people like that back is to prove to them we are capable of getting promotion. We are doing fantastically well at the moment, but even I'm not convinced this model can provide that.

Exactly and although we've nearly done it a couple of times in recent years, we've been a league 1 team (with a couple of drops down to league 2) for a fair number of years now.  The casual walk up fan is only interested when we're pushing for promotion.  I honestly can't see the crowds improving now unless we do get promotion to the Championship, bringing with it more enticing fixtures.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 09:46:04 »

But they are not fans as such,it is the walk up customer that is lacking at the moment as it's clear the usual hardcore is still there. My point is it is up to the club to get them back. Charging 25 quid a game then banging on about  sustainability  while not paying bills on time is likely to make them think here we go again.

Fans close to the club know the score but talk to anyone else and they are under the impression the club is fucked and a lot of that is due to negative media that the club has got and that all stems from the club not wanting to talk to the press at all
I agree with Dean, our communications to fans and news outlet is crap - the Adver only prints the negative comments and after the last couple of matches I could not believe what they were even writing having seen it with my own eyes!!  There is so much negativity about and the club is doing nothing to help, sadly comments on the radio about an awful boring game when we comfortably beat Crewe will do nothing to entice supporters back who may be thinking of giving us another try
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 10:53:05 »

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's what Reg lives for.

What tongue in cheek? Nah tongue in other lady body parts maybe.

As I said before given the negatives around atm, I'd say the drop off in numbers, is not as bad as might be expected...what is important is to make sure those who do go, get value for money, which so far on the pitch is the case.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:15:16 »

Highlights from yesterday:

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:21:37 »

Not sure what the deal is with wearing the training jackets out onto the pitch, a lot of clubs seem to be doing it now.

Highlights look like we could have had more than one!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
kerry red

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:37:27 »

Regarding matches now falling into different price categories.

I take it with Sheff Utd and Shitty coming up it will be £27 but when we play someone shite, i.e. Crewe wasnt the price supposed to fall to below the standard £25?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:38:29 »

Regarding matches now falling into different price categories.

I take it with Sheff Utd and Shitty coming up it will be £27 but when we play someone shite, i.e. Crewe wasnt the price supposed to fall to below the standard £25?

Oldham is £23, not sure why Crewe wasn't
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 11:49:31 »

I felt kind of sorry for Coventry's ginger left back Ryan Haynes. I'm pretty sure there were two instances where Haynes stayed on the floor looking knackered because he was trying to get himself substituted.

The kid couldn't cope.

On the other hand I was hoping we would try and exploit him a little bit more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: