Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best team you've seen at the County Ground  (Read 9585 times)
Levi lapper

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 20:31:59 »

Not the best team, but one of the best performances i've seen at the County Ground was Derby in December 92. They played us off the park that day, were 3 up after 87 minutes, ended 4-2 with Maskell also missing a penalty at the end but they were all over us and the scoreline was totally misleading, they should have won by 4 or 5 clear goals.

However, although their away form was excellent, their home form wasn't and they ended up finishing halfway whilst we went up.

I remember that game, I was in the derby end with a derby supporting mate. Absolute torture. I thought it was 5-2 though.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 10:37:32 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19930120

it was 4-2, probably just seems like more as they were all over us.

To top off my day, driving back home on the A420, there were roadworks which brought the traffic to a halt and a Derby minibus behind me emptied out and they all gathered in front of my car with their Derby flag. All good natured but didn't need that after just watching the game.
Levi lapper

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 15:18:42 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19930120

it was 4-2, probably just seems like more as they were all over us.

To top off my day, driving back home on the A420, there were roadworks which brought the traffic to a halt and a Derby minibus behind me emptied out and they all gathered in front of my car with their Derby flag. All good natured but didn't need that after just watching the game.

Cheers for putting that up, we were good back then even when we got dicked at home! Amazing to think Derby didn't even get in the play offs that year despite spending what was (in those days) a huge £10m war chest. ha ha.

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 11:32:13 »

Difficult to nail a best team but I maintain that best game I think I saw was Hoddle v Keegan in the promotion to the top flight season. All out attack from two sides who new how to do it. Andy Cole is still a Cunt.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 12:20:30 »

Difficult to nail a best team but I maintain that best game I think I saw was Hoddle v Keegan in the promotion to the top flight season. All out attack from two sides who new how to do it. Andy Cole is still a Cunt.

And he didn't score that many against us...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: