Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 51642 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:32:46 »

Yes, I do think you're being petulant. Given the fact we've made a loss every year* for as long as I can remember then I think it's obvious why our budget is so low. Don't forget that this is the budget we must submit to the football league etc. and we will be held against.

In the case of Crewe here's what Soccerbase states their income from transfers as for each season:

Code:
2008/09   £2.25m
2009/10   £0.40m
2010/11   £Nil
2011/12   £4.0m
2012/13   £2.0m
2013/14   £1.0m

That won't take into account cash flow and add-ons etc. But that's close to £10m in 6 seasons.

We can all second guess the finances and I'm certain we're not home and dry in terms of being shafted by the owners/stewards of the club, but you do have to take things like the above into account and also clubs like us who have relied on their owners to keep them afloat. The fact Power has apparently sunk in £2m already is testament to that.

*except that one year where we made extraordinary gains and actually made a profit.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:35:18 »

Yes, I do think you're being petulant. Given the fact we've made a loss every year* for as long as I can remember then I think it's obvious why our budget is so low. Don't forget that this is the budget we must submit to the football league etc. and we will be held against.

In the case of Crewe here's what Soccerbase states their income from transfers as for each season:

Code:
2008/09   £2.25m
2009/10   £0.40m
2010/11   £Nil
2011/12   £4.0m
2012/13   £2.0m
2013/14   £1.0m

That won't take into account cash flow and add-ons etc. But that's close to £10m in 6 seasons.

We can all second guess the finances and I'm certain we're not home and dry in terms of being shafted by the owners/stewards of the club, but you do have to take things like the above into account and also clubs like us who have relied on their owners to keep them afloat. The fact Power has apparently sunk in £2m already is testament to that.

*except that one year where we made extraordinary gains and actually made a profit.

I didn't realise giving a point of view and sparking a debate is petulant....or is it only petulant when you disagree?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:37:26 »

My team isn't spending what other teams are and we're not going to be as good. Waaaaaahhhh.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:42:46 »

All costs I'm sure other clubs have to attend to also (minus the towels). Why are we so different from all of them? Are we suddenly the only club that's decided we're not going to spend above our means?
If we aren't going to spend well above our means, then if not the only one, we're certainly probably one of the very few. It's one of the many things that's fundamentally broken in English football.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:45:13 »

Look at a copy of the administration statement of 12 years ago, which lists 14 A4 pages of creditors not paid for the various services you need to run even a small football club.

So for example £37,295.91 to Wilts police.....£7,178.50 to Wilts ambulance.  £22,252.99 to Thames Water. £10, 616.75 for fire protection etc.  £4,312.46 to Jewsons.  £16,000 to security consultants. £12,000 to Barnes. £3,139.03 to Biffa Waste.
£3,230.30 to East Lancs Towel Company...as I say 14 pages of this shit.

http://www.towelcompany.co.uk/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:45:27 »

My team isn't spending what other teams are and we're not going to be as good. Waaaaaahhhh.

Fuck all to do with it...the reason for my post is because we've seen countless people at this football club who have been here for the sole purpose to line their own pockets at our expense. I'm worried Power could be another and I wanted to spark a reasonable debate on this. If you're incapable of contributing to this debate without adding insults, then don't bother as you're really not adding any value to the thread.

I stated in my original post the following points

1. I understand going for a sustainable model
2. I am all for it
3. I'm open for debate and would be happy hold the opposite point of view by the end of said debate, if my mind can be changed.

You ignored all of this. I'm guessing because either you're stupid, a cunt, or both.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:46:42 »

You're ignoring the facts. Stop being petulant  Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:51:30 »

If we aren't going to spend well above our means, then if not the only one, we're certainly probably one of the very few. It's one of the many things that's fundamentally broken in English football.

That really might be the answer.

I had some figures a minute ago on Port Vale which I no longer have to hand....but i compared their alleged budget last season to us now. Their budget was about 35% higher but their income must have been about 25% lower...but they're actually an example which would be more 'for Power' as there were articles stating they were spending beyond their means and even suspect of breaching financial fair play.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:52:14 »

I stated in my original post the following points

1. I understand going for a sustainable model
2. I am all for it
3. I'm open for debate and would be happy hold the opposite point of view by the end of said debate, if my mind can be changed.

You ignored all of this. I'm guessing because either you're stupid, a cunt, or both.
Whereas you ignored the glaring holes in your assumptions. Which are you? Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:57:18 »

That really might be the answer.
I strongly suspect it is. And perhaps the real question (or a better question at least) is not so much are we spending "under" our means, but are we actually spending more conservatively than other comparable teams because they're spending recklessly or because our owner is trying to cream off a difference (which is what your concern is)? And the answer is, we don't have enough facts to be able to answer that.

Doesn't make your concerns any less valid, but I don't think you're going to be able to prove it either way.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:01:49 »

Whereas you ignored the glaring holes in your assumptions. Which are you? Smiley

I haven't ignored anything. I think it was pretty obvious I was using rough, loose figures just to give some indication and spark a debate. Even my own mind isn't completely made up, but I do have concerns and wonder what the rest of the fanbase is thinking.

I'm not sure how that would make me stupid or a cunt, but maybe you've misunderstood.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:03:05 »

I strongly suspect it is. And perhaps the real question (or a better question at least) is not so much are we spending "under" our means, but are we actually spending more conservatively than other comparable teams because they're spending recklessly or because our owner is trying to cream off a difference (which is what your concern is)? And the answer is, we don't have enough facts to be able to answer that.

Doesn't make your concerns any less valid, but I don't think you're going to be able to prove it either way.

That's pretty much it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:07:00 »

Good to see the LTC still going strong, despite us not paying them for their products.  You can't give the modern footballer anything less than the best when it comes to pre/post, match/training ablutions...and that doesn't come cheaply.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:08:38 »

It was Power that called Jed out on money that had 'disappeared' from the club. It'd be very silly of him to go public with that and then try and do something similar. Although, I suppose, hiding in plain sight and all that.

If anything, he may be drawing repayments for the money he (allegedly) put into the club. If that's the case and it's a formalised loan agreement, I've no problem with it. Not every chairman is so open to making zero interest loans.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:10:52 »

If you're incapable of contributing to this debate without adding insults, then don't bother as you're really not adding any value to the thread.

Are you going to take your thread and go home? Hilarious over reaction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: