Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 51425 times)
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 11:54:53 »

You need to get out more

The men in white coats at the bottom of the room won't let me :-)

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:18:51 »

Possibly bollocks....but a post on an Oldham forum (ironically moaning about Di Canio's expenditure here) states for 12/13 season Bury had a wage budget of £1,300,000.

Their ticket prices that season were £15 an adult match day and they had an average gate of 3,552. If that's true that's roughly 75% of our budget with about a third of the income we have looking solely at ticket sales.

Detractors firstly would question if the figures are true/correct....but I would question even if it's spot on, if that budget was sustainable for Bury.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:30:07 »

1) From memory of previous seasons when we did have figures (and no I can't find them now, hence the "from memory") you've grossly overestimated the number of full price season tickets and walk-up tickets. It's more like half are discounts (kids, students, OAPs, disabled) IIRC
2) Thanks to JedCo, Steve M and Co we don't get any money from catering sales as they flogged those off for the next 10 years to an outside company - who says you can't asset strip a company with no assets?
3) The above two things aside, you may well still have a point but I doubt it's as cut and dried as you make out. And relying on equally "back of a fag packet" figures from other team's forums doesn't do much to bolster the argument, other than to show that every teams fans reckon "Well, we must be making more than THAT, where's it all going then?"
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:31:54 by pauld » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:50:20 »

That, allied with most fans aversion to the temerity of an owner actually taking ANY money from a club.

They should only put money IN, don't you know!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:32:47 »

Here's an interesting one for you

Franchise in the 2011/12 season

Alleged Wage budget: 3,678,672 (source miltonkeynes.co.uk, they ref companies house)
Match day ticket price: £22
Average Attendance: 8659

Double the wage budget, similar income and they posted profits of £2m

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/dons-make-almost-2m-profit-1-4989320

Which would have been a 2 million loss had they not sold players -

'largely due to the sale of players which generated almost £4 million during the year. It was in this period that Sam Baldock was sold to West Ham and Seyi Ojo to Liverpool.'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:36:05 »

They must also make a fair wedge from the ground the other 340 odd days a year there isn't a game on.

Conference facilities, etc
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:36:29 »

Which would have been a 2 million loss had they not sold players -

'largely due to the sale of players which generated almost £4 million during the year. It was in this period that Sam Baldock was sold to West Ham and Seyi Ojo to Liverpool.'

Message deleted as soon as I posted it....Would help if I read the article a bit more before posting.

That article actually actually helps make me feel a bit better about it all, as those figures add up a bit better.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:43:41 »

A few have made comparisons to Crew....

Crew 12/13

Alleged wage budget: £2,160,000 (source; chairman in Crew Chronicle)
Match day ticket price: £20
Average attendance: 4903

20% higher budget, just over half the income. On the face of it this doesn't look good at all, but I should think that is heavily reliant on selling players for extra income.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 13:49:58 »

A few have made comparisons to Crew....

Crew 12/13

Alleged wage budget: £2,160,000 (source; chairman in Crew Chronicle)
Match day ticket price: £20
Average attendance: 4903

20% higher budget, just over half the income. On the face of it this doesn't look good at all, but I should think that is heavily reliant on selling players for extra income.

I think they may have sold Nick Powell for what, 6 million that season as well CWIG?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:00:49 »

I think they may have sold Nick Powell for what, 6 million that season as well CWIG?

I'm sure they didn't know when they made the budget that was going to happen....but I did say that I'm sure the budget is heavily reliant on selling to make up a loss.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:12:20 »

You sound like a teenager who's parents won't buy him the expensive designer clothing because they can't afford it, but still moan about it anyway. You've even accused them of spending more on themselves than on you and that they're doing a shit job at parenting.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:22:28 »

You sound like a teenager who's parents won't buy him the expensive designer clothing because they can't afford it, but still moan about it anyway. You've even accused them of spending more on themselves than on you and that they're doing a shit job at parenting.

Our income appears to be well above average for the division looking at our ticket prices and gate (£23-£27 and about 8,000), yet our expenditure appears to be well below average (£1,800,000 wage bill and jack shit transfer fees)

Is pointing that out and questioning it really as petulant as you claim?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:25:22 »

But you have no idea what the 'other' running costs of the club are, as Reg alluded.

Rent for the ground, vehicle leases, non-playing staff etc. etc.

Not to mention debt servicing, there's probably quite a lot of that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:26:28 »

And the towels, don't forget the towels ...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:30:08 »

But you have no idea what the 'other' running costs of the club are, as Reg alluded.

Rent for the ground, vehicle leases, non-playing staff etc. etc.

Not to mention debt servicing, there's probably quite a lot of that.

All costs I'm sure other clubs have to attend to also (minus the towels). Why are we so different from all of them? Are we suddenly the only club that's decided we're not going to spend above our means?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: