Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League shake up proposals  (Read 25802 times)
iffy

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 17:35:41 »

Would it make that much difference though as there would suddenly be more English players available. I doubt that if you added all the English regulars together and divided it by the number of teams you'd probably only have enough for 3 or 4 per club tops.

Why would there be more English players available?
iffy

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 17:51:10 »

This is old data http://comparetheleagues.com/european-league-stats/second-divisions/

League One's (England's third division) has an average attendance of 7,328
http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/League_One_2013-2014/Stats/Home_Avg_Atte/

That's bigger than every second division except France, Germany and (of course) England. It's bigger than Serie B, the Spanish segunda and the Greek superleague. League Two gets about 4,200 on average. That's not much smaller than the Greek superleague.

Prem clubs would want their B teams in the Champ and L1. It wouldn't make the England team stronger and it would make the pyramid (which is the best thing about our game) much weaker. It would further consolidate power and money in half a dozen clubs and it can fuck right off.
Levi lapper

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 18:17:36 »

If there was a 'like' button on this forum this post would get it...

Can't we have a "cunt" button instead? I think it would be more useful (although not in the post refererred to I hasten to add)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 20:09:58 »

Can't we have a "cunt" button instead? I think it would be more useful (although not in the post refererred to I hasten to add)

Cunt
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 20:50:40 »

Greg Dyke - respect him as a businessman but the saviour of English football, what's that eh? 

Premiership rationale -

top teams have too many games and players are burnt out re international football, so let's ease the fixture overload and help the England team

Premiership practical - 

cut down on cup games with lower league nonentities and restrict number of teams allowed into PL and instead play more friendlies across the timezones in new markets and have a Champions League with 4 teams (inc. 3 non-champions) and have endless "group matches" with good new TV deal.  FFS didn't Man Utd get a bye from the FAC one year so they could play a big money game?

Must turkeys vote for Christmas twice?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 21:35:34 »

Greg Dyke - respect him as a businessman but the saviour of English football, what's that eh? 

Premiership rationale -

top teams have too many games and players are burnt out re international football, so let's ease the fixture overload and help the England team

Premiership practical - 

cut down on cup games with lower league nonentities and restrict number of teams allowed into PL and instead play more friendlies across the timezones in new markets and have a Champions League with 4 teams (inc. 3 non-champions) and have endless "group matches" with good new TV deal.  FFS didn't Man Utd get a bye from the FAC one year so they could play a big money game?

Must turkeys vote for Christmas twice?

Over the last twenty years, the Premiership teams play less league matches, and the League Cup and FA Cup have had their fixtures trimmed via more one off games (LC), and the FA Cup is now allowed only one replay instead of continuing until there is a winner, not withstanding there is a lot of 'squad rotation' in the cups.

The only competitions that have increased their fixtures are Champions League/Europa League and qualification games for the WC and Euro Champs, caused by the break-up of Russia (even though Putin is doing his best to bring them back together), and the break-up of Yugoslavia.

The European competitions only get interesting when it becomes knock-out, like the old competition used to be, whilst the qualification for the next Euro Champs could be easily simplified.

As France will automatically qualify as hosts, we need 23 out of 53. My method would be to take the worst 14 European nations by FIFA rankings, make them play off in two-legged matches, to qualify for the next stage, where they will play the seven seeded countries, again in two-legged play-offs, and the winners qualify for Euro 2016.

The other remaining 32 countries, again are drawn in two-legged play-offs for the last 16 games. All qualifying done and dusted, and every game important and qualifying is done inside 4 matches instead of 12/14 matches.

But UEFA don't do common sense...and nor does the FA.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 22:02:13 »

All for the cash man.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, May 6, 2014, 23:47:13 »

that cunt Dyke went to my old school - I will bring the ghost of Ralph Scurfield down on him if he fucks up my football league!
You know who he is boy!!!!!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 07:40:16 »

The people that run football are just complete cunts of the highest order!

I read the reason for this is they want to give premier league reserve/young players more game time. How about you stop the top clubs signing everybody under the fucking sun, preventing them from playing first team football!!!!!

It so simple, limit the number of players any club can have on its books, stop the mess we have at places like Chelsea and City where they have 20/30 players out on loan. The quality would filter down the clubs in the premier league and the divisions.

Problem solved.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 11:48:59 »

How about you stop the top clubs signing everybody under the fucking sun, preventing them from playing first team football!!!!!

The FA hasn't got the balls to say 'no' to the PL.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 12:15:44 »

The FA hasn't got the balls money to say 'no' to the PL.

Fixed.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 13:46:37 »

Just heard Dyke's press conference outlining the first of his proposals. Not overly convinced they will improve the national team. Also not convinced (Despite his trying to put a spin on it) that it will be beneficial for lower league clubs.

It's All Good..............
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 13:57:07 »

Cant wait to play Sunderland "B" on a Tuesday night at some non-league ground in Wearside.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 14:32:44 »

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-football-association-scrap-their-b-teams-plan-and-protect-our-pyramid?recruiter=92227550

Online petition against the B teams plan
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 8, 2014, 18:11:17 »

Not surprised to see Hoddle praising the idea on SSN. Bit disappointed though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: