Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 115802 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 22:31:08 »

I've just been thinking about that survey that labelled us 2nd most stressful club to follow a few years back. I'm starting to get a horrible feeling we might be moving up a place shortly.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #451 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 22:35:13 »

I apologise if I have misread your comments, however I have never not told the truth in regards to the club.  I tried to leave with dignity but things have occurred over the last week that clearly need giving context to.  By the way I respect your comments on chances...  I think we have many things in common.
Well lets see how the next few days unfold. I've followed the club 42 years and am a miserable fucker at the best of times - maybe the 2 are connected. Sometimes I come across a bit stronger than I mean but beer and passion are a heady mix.
I really want to believe you Steve, I really want to believe Jed. Saying that I really want to believe Power. Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have sufficient information to make an informed judgement rather than a gut feel. At the moment I feel the club is very vulnerable and that makes me very wary of everyone, if not a little scared.  
Its great that you're on here and I respect that.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 22:36:34 »

Ditto what chalkies said although he has a couple of years more invested than me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 23:29:46 »

Haven't read much of this but what can Steve say or do now that will change anything?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 23:35:31 »

Haven't read much of this but what can Steve say or do now that will change anything?

If there are underhand dealings going on, lies being told, he could make them public?  Assuming there's not another NDA in place.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DMR

« Reply #455 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 00:38:41 »

This is gradually rousing my interest in STFC again after years of not giving a flying.

Fuck those posh cunts from Ramsbury and their empty niceties, I'm all for the shysters.

We've survived worse.
DMR

« Reply #456 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 00:40:39 »

If there are underhand dealings going on, lies being told, he could make them public?  Assuming there's not another NDA in place.

If it degenerates in to public mud slinging it would be more of a farce than it already is.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 05:56:43 »

If it degenerates in to public mud slinging it would be more of a farce than it already is.
You say that as if it's a bad thing.

It's All Good..............
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 06:41:52 »

Good of Steve to come on here. I'm prepared to see what he says as he may well have been trying to walk with dig its but now just had enough. The fact Shah is Team Jed warrants them at least some credibility and if it turns out they are full of shit the. I don't think anyone will be that surprised. But they need a chance, and fans need to know the real deal ASAP.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 07:51:05 »

This is gradually rousing my interest in STFC again after years of not giving a flying.

Fuck those posh cunts from Ramsbury and their empty niceties, I'm all for the shysters.
Well before them we had posh shysters from Ramsbury and their empty heads, best of both worlds Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 07:51:45 »

If it degenerates in to public mud slinging
I think that ship's sailed tbh. Although I'll grant you it could yet and probably will degenerate further
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 08:08:31 »

Ha, by far the best thing I've seen on this is, unsurprisingly, on the Washbag:

The accompanying article is a pretty good piece too:
http://thewashbag.com/2013/12/02/mccrory-vs-power-bout-of-the-boardroom-for-swindon-takeover/

And for those who are regarding this as a "non-story" with no impact on the club, the piece makes the very pertinent point that if Power has indeed been the major source of day-to-day funding after the season ticket money/forward sale of catering etc was all spent, then this dispute may well make him (or his backers) reluctant to continue to provide such funds. Just at the time that we have a transfer window about to open and a bidding war being touted for Wes.....
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 08:28:31 »

Sauce?

FWIW I've also heard this
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 09:37:16 »

Sam has confiemd on twitter that he has tried to get hold of Steve M but has been unable to  - let's hope they can talk and we can get the inside track - unless someone has got to steve during the night to keep him quiet :>)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #464 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 09:45:25 »

That Washbag article is decent.

Power is the money man, and without him we're fucked. I hope Jed swallows his pride.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: