Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 115850 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 11:19:50 »

The Racing Ahead Weekend Company apparently owns a racing magazine called Racing Plus, published weekends only unless there is a major festival taking place such as Chelteham or Ascot.  This was originally owned by a company called Cre8!!  The plot thickens.
How does it thicken? Power has interests in racing and publishing, neither of these are particularly big secrets
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 11:42:39 »

Thank you for some sanity finally... What started as confusion with muppets on twitter has devolved into Power being some kind of supervillain. As Jonny27 said, there are obviously a load of people out there with grudges for one reason or another that are loving all this. Nevermind the conspiracy theorists.

Speaking of which, what's Dossy's opinion on all this?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #347 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 12:10:11 »

Jed is a bullshitter extraordinaire who blagged himself a football club for fuck all and loves the profile it has given him. His PR skills are slightly better than Comical Ali and he has told everyone what they want to hear. Its interesting to note Jeremy Wray's comments about players contracts and amounts owed when Jed took over the club. Jed has been happy to play the white knight while dealing out lies and deceptions. He took his mates on and gave his mate's lad a playing contract.
Whereas I thought he was a cunt we needed to keep an eye on, , in hindsight I think he was clueless and making it up as he went and effectively was / is relatively benign. The problem is his lack of engagement and such obvious bullshit make him look more suspicious than he probably is / was.
As for Power, I think given his past its reasonable to adopt a very apprehensive stance. I still question the link up with Spurs. Personally, I'd rather not have done it but its not been anywhere near as bad as I suspected, although its still early days.
It will be interesting to see if Power engages with the fans and communicates his plans........if he wins the power struggle. Once we've got this and whether his actions match his words, we'll know where we are.
If Jed wins then its probably not unreasonable to expect power to walk and take his money and Spurs players with him. Unless Jed can find a another backer then it may well be hard times and fire sales until we can get on an even keel.
If Power takes over then its all about his plans and whether he takes over the role of bullshitter.
If only we had a white knight with some money. Same old Swindon.   
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 12:30:24 »

Great post. There's not enough rational thought about at the moment. Clap

I thought ISOB's post in response to Johnny, was highly rational....the only lapping up going on atm is by Power's pussy.
kerry red

« Reply #349 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:15:49 »

Jed is a bullshitter extraordinaire who blagged himself a football club for fuck all and loves the profile it has given him. His PR skills are slightly better than Comical Ali and he has told everyone what they want to hear. Its interesting to note Jeremy Wray's comments about players contracts and amounts owed when Jed took over the club. Jed has been happy to play the white knight while dealing out lies and deceptions. He took his mates on and gave his mate's lad a playing contract.
Whereas I thought he was a cunt we needed to keep an eye on, , in hindsight I think he was clueless and making it up as he went and effectively was / is relatively benign. The problem is his lack of engagement and such obvious bullshit make him look more suspicious than he probably is / was.
As for Power, I think given his past its reasonable to adopt a very apprehensive stance. I still question the link up with Spurs. Personally, I'd rather not have done it but its not been anywhere near as bad as I suspected, although its still early days.
It will be interesting to see if Power engages with the fans and communicates his plans........if he wins the power struggle. Once we've got this and whether his actions match his words, we'll know where we are.
If Jed wins then its probably not unreasonable to expect power to walk and take his money and Spurs players with him. Unless Jed can find a another backer then it may well be hard times and fire sales until we can get on an even keel.
If Power takes over then its all about his plans and whether he takes over the role of bullshitter.
If only we had a white knight with some money. Same old Swindon.   

It's a white knight who actually supports Swindon we could do with. Someone who wants to be here for the long haul. Someone with a vision for our club and has the bollocks to see it through.

we've had more than our fair share of short term 'geezers' whose only interest is how they can make a fast buck out of the club.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:22:01 »

It's a white knight who actually supports Swindon we could do with. Someone who wants to be here for the long haul. Someone with a vision for our club and has the bollocks to see it through.

we've had more than our fair share of short term 'geezers' whose only interest is how they can make a fast buck out of the club.

And how many have actually managed it?  I'd say we've got to be a pretty poor club of choice to try to make money from.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:25:23 »

Did this thread get copy and pasted from three months ago? Have we not done all this hand wringing already? Funny that Jed was slated as a cowboy chancer and now many are desperate for him to stay and ward off the new boogeyman figure of Power.
Really? I've not seen anyone saying that. Plenty of reasons to be wary of Power but that doesn't make Jed any less of a chancer. They both strike me as shonky the only real difference being that Jed comes across shonky and full of shit; whereas Power also comes across shonky but at least seems to have some useful contacts in the game and some cash (apparently). Either way, for now one or the other of them are the only game in town, if they both pull out we could be in trouble. And the sooner it's all sorted, the better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:27:58 »

. And the sooner it's all sorted, the better.

FOOTBALL: @BBCWiltshire understands that today's board meeting about the ownership of #stfc has been postponed #swindon
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:29:31 »

FOOTBALL: @BBCWiltshire understands that today's board meeting about the ownership of #stfc has been postponed #swindon

Not helpful for the uncertainty to overshadow today's game.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:32:49 »

Oh FFS.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:37:50 »

FOOTBALL: @BBCWiltshire understands that today's board meeting about the ownership of #stfc has been postponed until half-time #swindon
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:39:45 »

The easiest day for the board to get together is surely a matchday but they can even do that properly
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:40:39 »

soapy tit wank can't make it up

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 13:48:18 »

Oh FFS.

Quite, I'm hoping its because both sides are still talking informally to resole any issues. But being STFC I bet it'll be lawyers opening various cans and counter-cans of whoopass.
kerry red

« Reply #359 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 14:24:39 »

And how many have actually managed it?  I'd say we've got to be a pretty poor club of choice to try to make money from.

M
Nobody knows what previous incumbents have taken out of the club - or have tried to to the detriment of the club
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: