Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 115767 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:39:19 »

If he is involved, The County Ground could be under threat.

Disclaimer: None of this is certain, factual and is merely a fictional work of my imagination and to be taken as such

This being the County Ground that we don't own and at this stage don't even have a long lease on and that is subject to a covenant that whilst can be lost will cost cash and time to do so....

I would share your concern but when it comes to clubs and real estate we are not an attractive proposition.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #256 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:40:11 »

All the more reason for the Trust to get on with the Community Asset thing.

One could suggest that an individual outside of the Club and Trust was concerned at particular people's involvement and suggested this publicly.

Of course that's only a suggestion, just joining dots logically.

Disclaimer: None of this is certain, factual and is merely a fictional work of my imagination and to be taken as such
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:42:44 »

But dont SBC own the ground?  So he couldnt sell it could he.

Never knowingly overstated.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #258 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:42:57 »

This being the County Ground that we don't own and at this stage don't even have a long lease on and that is subject to a covenant that whilst can be lost will cost cash and time to do so....

I would share your concern but when it comes to clubs and real estate we are not an attractive proposition.

Did we ever renew the lease on a long term basis?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #259 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:44:49 »

Right, so you know, which will do for me...

I have no idea about anything Reg and I mean that. I simply like to create an entertaining story based on possibilities.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:45:30 »

Did we ever renew the lease on a long term basis?

No it expired in March 2013. Jed wanted to secure a longer lease but hasn't been able to do that.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:48:57 »

I have no idea about anything Reg and I mean that. I simply like to create an entertaining story based on possibilities.

Good work...judging by the responses, the profits of various hostelries will benefit tonight  Pint
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:49:10 »

So on what basis was it renewed?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:49:30 »

No it expired in March 2013. Jed wanted to secure a longer lease but hasn't been able to do that.

That was my understanding, so as it stands we are very dependent upon the Council. Not remotely saying that we should drop our guard, but it would be a strange one if someone saw the CG as an opportunity.

And that's before looking at whatever it is allocated/shown as in the Local Plan - and after a week of Local Plans at work I am not bloody looking this evening but I would suggest it is going to be leisure or something like that so again not easy to make cash on short term.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #264 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:49:45 »

But dont SBC own the ground?  So he couldnt sell it could he.

Could a deal be negotiate with the council? Is it a coincidence that the Shaw Tip story was brought up again recently?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:50:49 »

I imagine there will have been a clause that it continues for a period at expiry subject to the agreement of all parties on the same terms, but with a termination clause that either can exercise within a certain period.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #266 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:51:20 »

I can't recall but some sort of rolling basis according to Murrall at the business plan presentation.

That could be wide of the mark.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:52:21 »

That was my understanding, so as it stands we are very dependent upon the Council. Not remotely saying that we should drop our guard, but it would be a strange one if someone saw the CG as an opportunity.

And that's before looking at whatever it is allocated/shown as in the Local Plan - and after a week of Local Plans at work I am not bloody looking this evening but I would suggest it is going to be leisure or something like that so again not easy to make cash on short term.

There are multiple legal and planning reasons why the County Ground complex is not a realistic proposition for development, therefore it is highly unlikely that income stream would generate funds for a redevelopment of the ground itself.

the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:54:09 »

I can't recall but some sort of rolling basis according to Murrall at the business plan presentation.

That could be wide of the mark.

I've a copy of the lease and title documents (dated 30.10.2013) and I can confirm that no new lease was granted, so it is rolling.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:55:19 »

I've a copy of the lease and title documents (dated 30.10.2013) and I can confirm that no new lease was granted, so it is rolling.

That's a very recent date for the documents if you don't mind me asking why?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: