Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 115890 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 18:20:49 »

Lets have some quotes then Sam. The Thisis homepage mentions 'counter claims from chairman Jed McCrory that no handover had taken place'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am yet to see any quotes from McCrory?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 18:35:56 »

You know sometimes people will talk to a journalist and give them permission to say that they've asserted X, Y or Z but not be prepared to give an on the record statement. Especially where there may be sensitive legal/commercial disputes around the topic that an ill-thought word now may scupper a legal case in months to come.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 18:45:31 »

And I was just starting to like Chang as well.
What, the Thai beer?
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #228 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 18:58:48 »

He means cocaine.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 18:59:13 »

Lets have some quotes then Sam. The Thisis homepage mentions 'counter claims from chairman Jed McCrory that no handover had taken place'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am yet to see any quotes from McCrory?

I'm sure you understand that I have tried to get just that today without success. I'm relaying what I am told, you can believe me/my sources or not. I'm not swaying either way as I, like most, am fed up with opaqueness. I'm just reporting both sides of this - you can make your own minds up.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:02:36 »

you can make your own minds up.

By that you mean come up with wild improbable scenarios/ideas ?
I like your way of thing
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #231 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:05:17 »

So Power who many stated all along was in charge may actually be in charge - its hardly earth shattering is it, better the devil and all that if - it would have been a masterstroke if Jed had put this out he seems to have gone from an asset stripping devil to the clubs saviour in many eyes today!

Equally if Power et al have managed to run the club for 12 months without any investment good luck to them to do that they would be the sort of economic masterminds we want running our club.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #232 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:05:50 »

I think it's a love triangle between Jed, Power and the object of boths desire, Nile Ranger. This theory explains everything.

It's All Good..............
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:05:51 »

I'm sure you understand that I have tried to get just that today without success. I'm relaying what I am told, you can believe me/my sources or not. I'm not swaying either way as I, like most, am fed up with opaqueness. I'm just reporting both sides of this - you can make your own minds up.

If you can get a Mike Diamandis style "Basically, I bought 50,000 shares for a laugh" style interview with Power or Jed, I'd love you forever.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:09:04 »

Don't have any problem with that but don't you think the poll is a little poorly judged and  inflammatory?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #235 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:09:24 »

It can be as simple as Power's initial investment having conditions, one of which may have been an option to buy McCrory out on the fulfillment of certain conditions. Perhaps, just perhaps, there is a dispute as to whether those conditions have actually been fulfilled. Perhaps the dispute is over the price for the shares, the structure of the payments.... it could be anything. The timing of Shah's appointment is also interesting. If she is linked to this, or rather, to either Power or McCrory, she could be a dummy voter on behalf of one or the other to ensure that certain board resolutions are passed. Pure speculation, but perhaps her first key involvement will be voting the right way before tomorrow's game.

Fact is, nobody knows. There will be an agreement knocking about and we could rack up 100 pages of assumptions, but even 'sources' at the club are speculating until they read the contract, and even then it may be open to interpretation.

If Power takes over, fine. So long as it stays as Swindon Town, in Swindon, in red and with a forward thinking attitude, I'm happy.

I softened my initial views on McCrory, mainly because he started to get things in track, but it transpires this may... may, have been down to Power's contacts anyway. Neither are gifted on the PR front clearly. Whoever ends up in control could do with a new front man.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #236 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:14:13 »

Whoever put the money in was always pulling the strings. It was never Jed McCrory.

I was going to put a theory out there today that whoever invested had a convertible debenture. I guess it's been converted if that theory is correct.

My hypothesis is that the backer is Colin Hill.

Disclaimer: None of this is certain, factual and is merely a fictional work of my imagination and to be taken as such
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #237 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:16:27 »

Oh and Keith Cousins probably

Disclaimer: None of this is certain, factual and is merely a fictional work of my imagination and to be taken as such
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:17:30 »

Who is this Colin Hill geezer?
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #239 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:18:16 »

From my experience of small companies it could even be the case that someone released a pre-written press release a few days early.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: