Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27167 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:34:16 »

Enjoy it Kinky. Just don't let the skiing get in the way of a good day out on the lash  Pint  Beers
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:34:40 »

I love how there's always a Football League Show when we win away....

Oh wait.... Roll Eyes

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:36:07 »

I don't trust me, I go because I love living there and it's where my mates are.

Fun every single day for 6 months
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:36:07 »

It's awesome, when's the trip?

13th - 21st December I believe.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:38:05 »

Early one then, you know if there's any djs out with them?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:46:36 »

Just on train back. Very good performance and a very welcome 3 points.

Was sceptical when I saw we were  playing with none up front, but it worked a treat. We pressed well when they came into our half and we countered very well. Nice to know we have a plan B.

Ajose and  N'Guessan were brilliant, they had the beatings of both full backs all day. We were much more solid at the back, and Harley fitted in well to the midfield.

Colchester were bloody awful, and it is still a shit away day. One if the quietest grounds you will ever go to. Fair play to the town fans, 320 odd is a bloody good turnout, and we were in decent voice in the second half.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:52:27 »

That was far more comfortable than the score line suggests. Very slow start but once we scored there was only one team in it. It looked pretty strange without a centre forward but it worked with Ajose down the left, N'Guessen on the right and Luongo breaking through the middle.

Most of the second half frankly, we took the piss and Colchester were chasing shadows. Luongo had a good chance to put the game out of sight, Ajose (I think) had one chalked off and Pritchard should have wrapped it up near the end but tried to be too clever but overall a very convincing performance. I thought McEveley looked particularly good but no one had a bad game.

I'm really surprised to see the picture of the away support because when you were in it, it actually looked pretty good (believe it or not). Don't really see why we would all squeeze up together Huh?
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 17:54:31 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:04:23 »

Enjoy your port and stilton on the way home Ooh Shaun Taylor.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:07:02 »

Luongo then came painfully close to getting his second goal of the game when Walker was forced to head the ball away from the edge of his box, the Swindon man tried his luck with the chip but saw it rebound off the post.

Quote from the Colchester United O/S write up...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:10:16 »

Luongo then came painfully close to getting his second goal of the game when Walker was forced to head the ball away from the edge of his box, the Swindon man tried his luck with the chip but saw it rebound off the post.

Quote from the Colchester United O/S write up...
Completely forgot that. That was really unlucky. Edit: Didn't realise Luongo scored, I missed that - I must pay closer attention Hmmm

WTF are you on about Dosser? I'm already home btw.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:18:16 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:13:58 »

It's a Swindon away day (long-haul) tradition. Port and Stilton on the train back.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:16:23 »

It's a Swindon away day (long-haul) tradition. Port and Stilton on the train back.
Really? I didn't know that. Sounds very civilized I must say. I've only rarely gone to away games by train and drove today on account of living about 20 minutes from the ground.
nochee

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:21:38 »

I don't trust me, I go because I love living there and it's where my mates are.

Fun every single day for 6 months
I like your style

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:28:03 »

One thing that is grating me is how Cooper goes into every post match interview as if the interviewer is trying to catch him out with his questions, and comes across as a right mardy twat because of it.

I think he should remember that those interviews are really his only direct interaction with the fans and the interviewer is asking the questions that the fans want to hear the answers to.  Don't get me wrong, PDC was annoying for the exact opposite, but something inbetween would be nice.

If you don't want to answer a question just say "sorry I have nothing to say about that" rather than "no comment".  He is in a privileged position and his mardyness does nothing to enhance his reputation.

I know it maybe picky considering how well he is doing with the rest of his job, but like I say, it is starting to grate on me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
kerry red

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 18:32:03 »

Got to say - that is picky.

As far as I'm concerned the manager can be anything he likes if the results are OK.

I'm easily pleased
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: