Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City in meltdown  (Read 27547 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 09:17:33 »

Don't really get the Flint hatred. It's not like he'd been here a decade and was Swindon through and through.

They're a bigger club and he's probably on more money. If a competitor in my industry offered me more money I'd probably go.

And that header at Brentford was one of the great Town moments. He deserves some kudos for that alone.

Flint was always going to get stick once he handed in a transfer request...it becomes open season on him.

As for the 82's, if you look at the head to head we've won 13, they've won 14 and 10 draws...a one game edge to them I'd like to put right on Saturday, but hardly indicative of a massive difference.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 11:16:04 »

Matt Heywood number 2.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Spud

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 12:32:35 »

Don't really get the Flint hatred. It's not like he'd been here a decade and was Swindon through and through.

They're a bigger club and he's probably on more money. If a competitor in my industry offered me more money I'd probably go.

And that header at Brentford was one of the great Town moments. He deserves some kudos for that alone.

Wouldn't say that I 'hate' him. It's more amusing that we got as much as we did for him.

He deserves kudos for one decent moment?! Yes, at the time, it was good, but as soon as we lost on penalties that moment was irrelevant.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 12:35:07 »

It would be funny to see City get relegated and Flint end up in League 2 again. But they won't get relegated.
Spud

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 12:40:29 »

It would be funny to see City get relegated and Flint end up in League 2 again. But they won't get relegated.

They've got two decent strikers for this level. Just need to sort their dog shit defence out.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 12:44:36 »

I find it a little bit unnerving that they haven't won, as we're normally crap against teams on that sort of form.

This.  I'd feel more comfortable if they'd won once and also if Pritchard was playing.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 13:00:19 »

Flint's the panto villain really rather than hated. For me at least.
Being a twat whose gobbyness saw him sparked out by a former youth team player adds a bit to it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 13:04:30 »

Being a twat whose gobbyness saw him sparked out by a former youth team player adds a bit to it.
Thats the same for me, I don't hate him but I think he has made a few monumental errors of judgement on and off the football pitch.

Didn't like how he left us but thats water under the bridge, but he will get a lot of stick on Saturday, but from me it will be based purely upon his lack of ability and mobility on the pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spud

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 13:09:29 »

Never knew that it was a former youth team player that knocked him out?!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 13:11:37 »

Never knew that it was a former youth team player that knocked him out?!
yeah. A placid lad pushed and pushed until bang, 1 punch ko
DMR

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 13:16:20 »

Quite clearly the lad's version of events....

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 13:17:59 »

Quite clearly the lad's version of events....
nope.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 16:12:11 »

Cant help but think their piss poor start has had an effect on ticket sales

Tickets for Saturday’s trip to Swindon Town remain on general sale – with more than 2,200 sold to date.

The County Ground match is all-ticket for away supporters, who have until 3pm on Friday (September 20th) to secure a ticket. None will be available on the day of the game.

At present it will be City’s biggest away following since the trip to West Brom in November 2009.

Am guessing they would have had 3000
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 16:29:11 »

Ha see, this thread (on booing) shows that all clubs fans have the same arguments, and that we have no more 'mong fans' than anyone else (or both us and C*ty have a high count)

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/157501-booing-a-disgrace/

In fairness they have Flint sussed. I think we need to get the 'hoof' chants going and try to pressure him into passing, as lets be honest his passing makes Ifil look like Beckenbauer

Quote from: slaveTrader
To me this guy looks like a classic ball winning centre half in the Jamie McCoombe style that we have been crying out for for a couple of seasons. He looks well suited to the physical rough and tumble of League 1 and will win most aerial battles against big bruising centre forwards. He'll get up for set pieces and score a few as well. I think he may even be a future captain in the making.

What he isn't is a ball carrying Rio Ferdinand type, bringing the ball out of defence, linking up with the midfield, playing one-two's and setting up an attack. When asked to do that he looks like his boot laces are tied together.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 16:36:45 by Batch » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 16:35:24 »

"It was pretty embarassing to be honest, especially seeing Flint react by trying to gee up the crowd and then get booed louder."

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: