Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: City in meltdown  (Read 27358 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 21:41:57 »

SOD tonight blaming the city fans for the hoofball on show. Trying to play football out the back and fans getting impatient.

"He stands there with his arms crossed looking into space. He never really points and shouts to the players on the pitch."

Even a relegation thread!
REDBUCK

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 23:27:46 »

You know the football gods will have them winning their first game on Saturday don't you.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 06:03:58 »

A towering Flint header in the 93rd minute.

It is written.
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 06:18:22 »

Don't really get the Flint hatred. It's not like he'd been here a decade and was Swindon through and through.

They're a bigger club and he's probably on more money. If a competitor in my industry offered me more money I'd probably go.

And that header at Brentford was one of the great Town moments. He deserves some kudos for that alone.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 06:19:16 »

I agree
kerry red

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 06:19:53 »

It is written.

Who cares when we are already 4 up!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 06:47:28 »

City are only 4 points behind us. Bit early to celebrate their demise (or our superiority) me thinks.

Oh, and they aren't really that much bigger than we are. They just have a chairman that is willing to lose 10M a season chasing the dream.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 07:19:39 »

City are only 4 points behind us. Bit early to celebrate their demise (or our superiority) me thinks.

Oh, and they aren't really that much bigger than we are. They just have a chairman that is willing to lose 10M a season chasing the dream.

They are. Let's be sensible.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 07:26:42 »

Don't really get the Flint hatred.

I'm not sure I've spotted any hatred.  Most of the comment has been enjoying Bristol's early season failure to set the division alight and Flint's part in that.  And the fact that they parted with £300k for his services, which is more than most on here would have valued him at.  But hatred?  Hardly.

That will come if he gets that 93rd minute header.   Wink
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 07:41:55 »

It is written.

Based on how hot headed he was Clarke and Scunthorpe last season I reckon that after the crowd winds him up he is a good bet for a red card.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 08:02:00 »

Don't really get the Flint hatred. It's not like he'd been here a decade and was Swindon through and through.

They're a bigger club and he's probably on more money. If a competitor in my industry offered me more money I'd probably go.

And that header at Brentford was one of the great Town moments. He deserves some kudos for that alone.

There's not so much hatred as people looking forward to giving him some stick.

Compare a normal working environment to football is never going to work really. When did you last have over 7k people paying money to watch you work? Regardless, if you did leave for a competitor I doubt your boss would be welcoming you back like a long lost brother.

I have no doubt he's on more money and don't particularly blame him for his personal reasons for going. However as a Swindon fan, he's left us for a rival in the same league when under contract. I'm sure even Flint realises how football works. I very much doubt he's expecting a standing ovation.

Agree about the Brentford goal mind.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 08:04:21 »

I see their forum really has gone into meltdown with server errors now and inaccessible Cheesy

Just server overload I imagine as its back up again now and so full of loathing.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 08:07:19 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 08:50:05 »

They are. Let's be sensible.

I don't class an average attendance of 5K more as massively bigger. If we got to the championship and maintained it for a few seasons, or if City get stuck in league 1 for a few seasons I'd expect that difference to be 2 or 3K tops.

They certainly haven't made the jump in size that say Reading have. If they get a new stadium maybe that will change but I stand by my statement they are not massively bigger.

But it doesn't really matter. As long as we dick them.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 08:51:48 »

That 93rd minute header though Ardiles will be in the wrong end for flint.. Hope he brings dirty kit, as we will do him a favour by taking him to the cleaners Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 09:08:58 »

I find it a little bit unnerving that they haven't won, as we're normally crap against teams on that sort of form.

They've got a good squad and a good manager so them picking up at some point is inevitable and I get this horrible feeling it will start against us. Although I do think if we play like we did against Wolves, with their frailties at the back, we should pick up 3 points.

The crowd need to get on Flints back from the off, we all know hot headed he gets. Also the fact we have three technically superb players pulling the strings will work against Flint, as he is only really ever fully useful in the air. I would not be surprised if he gets sent off.... But then having said that, I wouldnt be surprised if he scored either!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: