Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41437 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:35:44 »

I thought we dominated the game prior to the red, Karl Robinson on 3 Counties Radio said that even without the red he thought MK looked likely to score, bollocks in my view.

They did look like they had a goal in them, but we looked just as likely to score another until the red.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:37:20 »

Got to say I disagree 100% with arriba, looked to me he was just a fraction late and not even looking to be aware of the clearing defenders foot position. Furthermore I was surprised the ref was even going to book him.

But I was watching via an average quality stream stream so I'll take another look on the FLS. If there was intent the he's off no argument.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:38:21 »

Hahaha there was no stamp, there was no movement towards the leg, there was no aggressive downward motion. It was simply an attempt to block the clearance.

Fully agree. Both went for the ball..the Franchise player got there first, and Byrne caught his ankle. If that was a sending off, there will be a number of players getting red every game.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:39:49 »

Also first time I've 'seen' Ranger play for us. As suspected he looks handy. Good turn and shot that was parried away by the keeper. On another that would have been 2-0.

(Still don't think he is worth the risk, but if he keeps himself out of trouble and is found innocent come January we'll have a bargain).
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:40:09 »

It doesn't matter if there was intent, whether he meant it, or whether it was just an accident or because of tiredness; he put his studs on the guys ankle. It's dangerous/serious foul play and a red card.

Them's the rules.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:42:20 »

Putting your foot on the ground is not dangerous/serious foul play though. He's not raised his studs , he's not potentially put an opponent at risk (in my view)
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:43:26 »

But I was watching via an average quality stream stream so I'll take another look on the FLS.

There isn't one. Sort it out BBC!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:44:16 »

There isn't one. Sort it out BBC!

Oh FFS. I'll watch it on Player then.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:46:56 »

Avoiding all the red card, offside opinions. I think what we probably saw was  2 pretty good sides that will finish in the top half if not further up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:49:52 »

Yes pleasantly surprised with how we competed today. They had more of the ball, we looked just as dangerous (up to the card).

I like the fact we didn't do traditional Town of trying to hold on for dear life with 10 men. We had to absorb some pressure and a slice of luck saved us, true, but we still looked to break forward and nearly nicked it right at the end.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 19:01:06 »

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed N'Guessan didn't get his head up but maybe that's a bit greedy on my part. 1-1 is no poor result against that lot.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 19:04:56 »

I thought that was Byrne's best game for us, ironically. Looked the part going forward. A real pleasure to watch that first half. Just a shame the 2nd became an uneven contest. Not a red, but not one that will get overturned. Kasim, again, was simply brilliant in the first half and pretty quiet in the second . Pritchard 's strike was superb and he caused trouble in the first half - more so on the right. Mason was quiet, but still used the ball well. We could do now with putting a run together - make this side believe that something could happen this year, but Wolves and City are two tough games. Really looking forward to both, having been utterly apathetic at the start of the season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 19:05:34 »

Have to agree - two footballing sides, who played the right way. Wes had a couple of hairy moments in the first half but we came out unscathed.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 19:27:48 »

Mark Cooper deserves some credit  for making the right substitutions at the right time and doubtless also for the way Town negated Franchise's still weightier possession in the second half.

Liked the fact that he was angry after the game too
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 19:30:44 »

Watching Brazil vs Australia. A bloke's just got away with a challenge similar to Byrne without so much as a talking to. Only a friendly, but still...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: