Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41901 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 15:07:41 »

Another encouraging performance from us and did well to hold our nerve and almost nick it right at the end. Can probably count ourselves lucky with the offside but that evens it out after the absolute joke of a red card.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 15:10:58 »

Another encouraging performance from us and did well to hold our nerve and almost nick it right at the end. Can probably count ourselves lucky with the offside but that evens it out after the absolute joke of a red card.

this is the KEY thing, any form of intent to injure is clamped down on,straight red all day...

No one is Innocent...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 15:13:50 »

A good point away from home.  Blatant Red my arse!  Reading this thread after the game makes me understand why I read more and more 80% bollocks on here every day.  Byrne had just ran the length of the pitch and turned around to put a tired attempt at a block in and ended up stepping on his foot, that happens 2 or 3 times in every game, Yellow at worst, but a freekick and a talking to would have done.

Got away with the offside, should have been a goal, but when I watched it live I thought it was offside so can understand why it was given.

Great strike by Pritchard.  1-1, decent point away from home.  Next.

In the modern game it's deemed a reckless challenge...there doesn't have to be intent, and how far he's run etc has no bearing.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 15:52:18 »

13 reds today so far in just leagues 1 and 2  Eek
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:07:14 »

Just watched it back & I agree with Karl Robinson, never a Red Card.

He has tried to block the ball an stood on his foot.

It was a less dangerous challenge than that of Chadwick on Pritchard in the first half.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:11:25 »

I haven't seen the replay of the foul by Byrne so I won't comment yet....but it looks as if the second goal was onside so .....give and take...

Ref would of sent another off if Robinson hadn't sped out of the dugout to tell the ref no...he seemed determined to fuck it up...compounded by the decision to blow the whistle when we had a corner.

I would of taken a point at 8:30 am this morning so I suppose in a way I'm happy but frustrating because at 11 v 11 I reckon we could of turned them over.

Really enjoyed talk sport lick Robinsons Arse after the game.....fucking clowns.

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:17:59 »

this is the KEY thing, any form of intent to injure is clamped down on,straight red all day...

If only there was some intent.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:18:28 »

It was a less dangerous challenge than that of Chadwick on Pritchard in the first half.

and Alli on Jac Mac, who didn't even get a talking to.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:20:41 »

Attendance: 7,738 not heard how many away fans yet
Although all the seats not in yet that stadium will hold 30,000 so no wonder it sounded like a reserve game
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:23:28 »

Attendance: 7,738 not heard how many away fans yet
Although all the seats not in yet that stadium will hold 30,000 so no wonder it sounded like a reserve game

639 Town fans, lowest I can ever remember us taking to MK.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:35:00 »

I see big spending Brentford got a bit of a beating today.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:50:26 »

Just got back.

Another good performance, we dominated the game up until the red card. Not a red for me, ref was awful for both teams, ruined what was a good game.

Bryne played well before the red, he is definatley much better on the wing. Kasim was good again and Ranger is looking like a great signing.

Awful atmosphere, such a horrible place to watch football. Town fans were pretty awful as well. Overall, happy with a point after another encouraging performance.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:56:14 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 9m
My understanding is referee Stuart Attwell will not be rescinding red card of Nathan Byrne and club are seriously considering an appeal.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:00:45 »

If even Karl Robinson didn't even think it was a red card , then it wasn't. End of discussion.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:09:17 »

Just got back.

Another good performance, we dominated the game up until the red card. Not a red for me, ref was awful for both teams, ruined what was a good game.

Bryne played well before the red, he is definatley much better on the wing. Kasim was good again and Ranger is looking like a great signing.

Awful atmosphere, such a horrible place to watch football. Town fans were pretty awful as well. Overall, happy with a point after another encouraging performance.

Agree with you. At times as the Sun was beaming through the clouds the atmosphere was like a pre-season friendly.
The problem with Town fans and always has been they spread out all over the place.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: