Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41262 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:00:26 »

The Opponent:    Franchise FC

Here we are again, with kick off just a little over 12 hours away and only 9 hours until the first few beers are sank, not by myself may I add, in fact I will be lucky to get through the door in time for kick off, mainly thanks to peoples garden rubbish and rusty cookers. Things have felt pretty positive since last Saturday with the thumping of Crewe and the permanent signing of Massimo Luongo and further reinforcements that seem to have a few of us daring to dream once again. Its nice to be feeling positive about our club again, who knows how long it will last, but the efforts the board have made in saving cash and still putting a competitive squad together for this season has to be applauded.

I don’t really want to say too much regarding today’s opponents that set up camp in Buckinghamshire a few years back.  A club with no history can often make it difficult to give any sort of trivia on but it not difficult to have an opinion on them, and I don’t really have one on the club robbing cunts.  Franchise manager, Karl Robinson has this opinion of us, “We're looking forward to the challenge of playing against Swindon. We played against most of the players [on loan from Tottenham] in the summer when Tottenham came here. I think I've spent less in three and a half years than each of their managers in their one year. Other than Stephen Gleeson ours is a completely free team - free transfers, loans, academy players. Swindon have some really good players. Players I've tried to sign myself on loan. It's surprising how many players they've been able to assemble not too long after [almost going into] administration”. Robinson, who himself turned out for such footballing powers as  Rhyl, Oswestry Town, Marine, Prescot Cables and Alsager Town became the youngest person ever to acquire a UEFA Pro Licence at the age of 29. As a youth player he was on the books of Everton, Blackpool, and the mighty Swindon Town.

The last time we met at –  Asda – Just 4 months back, towards the end of the 12/13 season we lost 2-0. Our last victory on their patch was back in 2009 when we turned out 4-1 winners, if I remember rightly JP McGovern scored a blinder that night which pretty much secured his place in the team for the rest of the season!

They’ve served for us both –.Sean O’Hanlon,  Albert Jarrett, Ryan Harley, JP McGovern, Danny Wilson, Sol Davis, Alan Navarro.

Where the opposition gather –

http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=18d717a34399bd50693a19ae7c4c8a7c

Franchise Last 6 – WDWDDW

The Odds –  Franchise 11/8   Draw 12/5   Swindon 9/4  A not very generous 5/1 seems to be whats on offer for Izale McLeod to score the first goal, I prefer the 8/1 on Nile Ranger to continue his goalscoring form. Nicky Ajose  and Ryan Mason are offering a similar price to Ranger.

The Son Says –  The plan is to record this and avoid the score until I get home from work. The chances of the boy avoiding the score and managing not to tell me are rather slim. 2-0 Town.

The Prediction –  A tough away game this one, it usually is. I think it will be a tight affair and we will sneak it 0-3, with goals from Ranger, Luongo and Ward in front of 8’433 (987 from Swindon)

And Finally –  Not only is Milton Keynes an anagram of Silent Monkey but it is also home to some 40 million trees!

COYR COYR COYR
« Last Edit: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:02:45 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:03:19 »

Good work. 1-1 or 2-1
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:10:26 »

Well done again,didn't realise there recent form was so hot..unbeaten in the last 6.

Big test tomorow and whatever the score i hope we show the country that we can play a bit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:20:33 »

Big test tomorow and whatever the score i hope we show the country that we can play a bit.
Thing is, I know you're right in very many ways. And I'll probably take that "it's all about the performance" ethos against most clubs in this division. But I don't really care about the performance as long as we beat the dirty franchise club-stealing scumbags.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:25:52 »

A win would have me sit up and take real notice,already looking forward to Wolves next week.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 6, 2013, 23:36:03 »

Robinson's comments irk me a little and I don't know why.

A poor performance on national telly to bring us back down to earth a bit and temper our expectations. 2-1 to Franchise.

My opinions are in no way biased by the fact I'll miss the game.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 00:07:40 »

I'm going...please win!

Clems Army!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 05:52:39 »

Can't see us getting anything There today unfortunately, Would be great if we came away with a point or three though.I hope we continue with the playing the game on the deck as in recent weeks which will make for decent viewing as I'll be watching the game on Sky.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:08:32 by Notts red » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:24:10 »

Robinson's comments irk me a little and I don't know why.

A poor performance on national telly to bring us back down to earth a bit and temper our expectations. 2-1 to Franchise.

My opinions are in no way biased by the fact I'll miss the game.

This - for all points apart from the Robinson bit as I don't know what he said.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:26:23 »

2-0 Ranger, Luongo.

Nice to see Robinson getting in his excuses early.

This - for all points apart from the Robinson bit as I don't know what he said.
I'm sure SR went to a lot of trouble writing his preview. I think you should read it No
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:28:58 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:33:16 »

Ah so he played against most of the handful of players we have from Spurs. How many is that, 2 or 3?

Probably a fair point on the transfer budget in the Jedco era though
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:40:03 »

Will be watching us for the first time this season on TV today but hope to be up for the Drizzle Shitty game.

Can't see us getting a result there as they are very difficult to beat, but we have won there a few times before so its possible with a good team effort.

Good write up again SR love it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dozno9

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:44:06 »

Good one SR.

I too am going to this, my morality stance got taken over by the fact we are playing very well and watching us on TV gets on my tits.

2-1 town, Ranger and Mason
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:44:08 »

Ah so he played against most of the handful of players we have from Spurs. How many is that, 2 or 3?

I don't think any of them were in the Spurs team.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 06:50:56 »

Will be interesting to see how we do against another team that likes to play football and has decent players (Crewe only had 1 of those!). Our away record is awful so hopeful today is the day that changes. Got a feeling we may do alright today. Interesting to see if N'Guessan comes straight in the side, i assume for Byrne or if he just starts on the bench.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: