Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199686 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 20:02:05 »

Were the Trust in attendance tonight?

No, we're going tomorrow.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 20:16:29 »

Lets hope the trust can ask some more meaningful questions than 'is Power still involved in stables in Oxfordshire'. Wouldn't count on it mind.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 20:22:50 »

Lets hope the trust can ask some more meaningful questions than 'is Power still involved in stables in Oxfordshire'. Wouldn't count on it mind.

Don't you already know the answers anyway?!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 20:29:03 »

'is Power still involved in stables in Oxfordshire'.

Neigh !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:09:56 »

Don't you already know the answers anyway?!
He he!!  I am surprised that Chang didn't know Austin would fail his medical, well if he did he forgot to put it on here!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:15:26 »

This was presentation to local business. Supporters presentation is tomorrow evening. I believe Roger Bunce was there tonight because it was more convenient for him.

People have been bitching and moaning for weeks/months about wanting answers and rightly so. Yet when the opportunity comes to ask questions directly, the questions put forward are about the legends lounge.

The time for people to bitch and moan is tomorrow. Tonight was for local buisinesss as a marketing presentation I imagine.

The money that's been invested in the Legends Lounge is likely not a small amount for the Supporters Club. It's understandable that they're disappointed it's being used to create prawn brigade boxes instead of being available for the supporters it was intended for.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:22:56 »

Personally I think its a bit of a shame for the fans that use it that the Legends is being halved. I don't use it myself much, but when I do it always seems busy.

I do agree with whoever said there are a lot of seats in there though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:35:30 »

The BBC have always been the first to the bigger stories. Adver need to up their game.

This being the same Adver who referred very blatantly to you as I quote 'a bored adolescent struggling with puberty' I think that Mr Moosehead is very much on his game!
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:38:04 »

That's actually a tough one: there are more comings and goings at those stables than the second half of a pre-season friendly, I tell ye.

So I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that one!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 23:42:26 »

are these  stables in Oxford the Augean stables Missy Chang?
digby

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 12:48:21 »

Hi, anybody know if its still possible to go to the meeting tonight, as not a member of Trust or Supporters club. If so how do u get/how much are the tickets ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:09:09 »

Personally I think its a bit of a shame for the fans that use it that the Legends is being halved. I don't use it myself much, but when I do it always seems busy.

I do agree with whoever said there are a lot of seats in there though.

You mess with the SC at your peril....they used to have their own separate facility in the Car Park back of the CGH..when the Arkells was built they had the Rendezvous Club...it was the decision to throw them out of there and turn it into corporates, which really started the rot of STFC moving away from being community club...to being more like any other failing business. This decision is in line with that...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:15:12 »

I can't make tonight unfortunately. If people are able to attend, for the q and a, please try and probe for substance in the answers. My overriding feeling at the moment is that the board give paper thin responses which are accepted by the majority of the fans. The question last night asking "is the club on a level footing" is a case in point. For instance, what is meant by level footing? In what way are we level as we're over budget and have unproven revenue streams.

If people are stuck for questions:

If the strategy is a youthful, low cost playing squad coached by a proven youth coach (McDonald), why was Ian Wright nearly appointed? 

What is the Byrne fee? Why have we paid a substantial figure for a position where we have good cover. Even if he is rated, is this money not better spent elsewhere (redundant roles, experienced players, reducing budget overspend). It's completely out of kilter with the supposed strategy.

Why did it take so long to formally appoint Power? The fans have a valid concern that he took so long to pass the fit and proper persons test. How can he explain the improper conduct of his.publishing business?

Shah 's role is as a non exec. How many days will she be at the club per month/year. I would assume she'll attend board meetings, no more.

What are the plans for redevelopment? How many meetings have taken place with planners and the council, and what are the next steps?

Tonight needs to be about understanding the rationale for them being here. Not.understanding if we can sit in the legends for a pint.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:21:18 »

A football club has to make money, If we can make more money through hospitality than a couple of pints then so be it.
How many people will stop watching the town just because they can’t go in the LL before a game?!
Panda Paws

« Reply #1034 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:21:39 »

Just on a the Morsehead/Embargo tweet - When a story is released by any organisation (STFC in this case) it can often have an embargo i.e. the content can't be published in any form before a certain time. This can be to protect the organisation, or give the dailies fresh copy for the morning papers etc.

The new board member (broken by BBC) and the double signing last week (Mass and Grant? announced on Twitter by Jed) are two examples of Sam following an embargo, and getting trumped by people who don't. Not sure what the third one is.

Beeb are bang out of order if they are breaking embargoes, and Jed.... well it's Jed.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: