Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 197723 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:22:01 »

Tonight needs to be about understanding the rationale for them being here.  Not understanding if we can sit in the legends for a pint.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:25:52 »

A football club has to make money, If we can make more money through hospitality than a couple of pints then so be it.
How many people will stop watching the town just because they can’t go in the LL before a game?!

This would be a lot more of an issue for me if the ground wasn't surrounded by pubs.  (Quick search on yell.com shows that there are 27 of them within a 1 mile radius of the ground.  And I suspect that there are a good few missed off that list.)

Edit: Straight off, I can think of a lot of pubs not on the list.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:30:36 by Ardiles » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:40:50 »

This would be a lot more of an issue for me if the ground wasn't surrounded by pubs.  (Quick search on yell.com shows that there are 27 of them within a 1 mile radius of the ground.  And I suspect that there are a good few missed off that list.)

Edit: Straight off, I can think of a lot of pubs not on the list.

Not really the issue is it....more like how can you rattle on about wanting to be a community club...then casually piss off a bunch of people who historically have given STFC both time and funds. After all said who paid for the TE ?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 13:53:45 »

Not really the issue is it....more like how can you rattle on about wanting to be a community club...then casually piss off a bunch of people who historically have given STFC both time and funds. After all said who paid for the TE ?

But not every Town fan uses the Legends lounge, they are halving the capacity not shutting it and creating new alcohol outlets around the ground.
I hardly see halving the capacity of a bar as the club losing it's community status.
DRS

« Reply #1039 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:00:10 »

Ah good news then really.If the only thing people can moan about is this then happy days.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:08:07 »

You seem to think 'community' lies exclusively within the Supporters Club. Thin and petty argument really.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:14:22 »

I take your point, sort of - but this does strike me as one of those instances where the right decision has been taken on balance, albeit with a little collateral damage.  I don't really want to get in to a debate about what constitutes a 'community club', but think Trashbat? has it about right.  Reducing the size of an in house drinking facility doesn't really spell the death of that status for me.

Besides, the Legends Lounge does take up a lot of room at present.  A lot.  It's a huge space that (and this is by no means a dig at the Supporters' Club or anyone else) isn't really kitted out that well anyway.  The Club has taken a commercial decision that, all being well, should bring a real benefit in the long run.  Catering facilities at the ground are quite rightly slated by the fans.  They're abysmal.  And the Club is now doing something about it.  Never going to please everyone all of the time, I guess.
kaufman

« Reply #1042 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:14:31 »

Just on a the Morsehead/Embargo tweet - When a story is released by any organisation (STFC in this case) it can often have an embargo i.e. the content can't be published in any form before a certain time. This can be to protect the organisation, or give the dailies fresh copy for the morning papers etc.

The new board member (broken by BBC) and the double signing last week (Mass and Grant? announced on Twitter by Jed) are two examples of Sam following an embargo, and getting trumped by people who don't. Not sure what the third one is.

Beeb are bang out of order if they are breaking embargoes, and Jed.... well it's Jed.

Sam's tweets were not aimed at the BBC, only the club if you read through them.
The BBC and Adver then had to just get in first with the tweets.
Transfers rumours come from all many different sources, agents, e.t.c that have no loyalty to the club, only to generate interest.
It's clearly obvious all local media is getting to grips with the way the club are handling their news at present.

It must be very frustrating trying to form a relationship with a club and then having to run stories that the club are not going to like. It's a balancing act.
I imagine this is the case at all clubs.
You only have to look at Bournemouth and Southampton in recent time to see what it can lead to.

Chris Tanner decided to leave so there's an argument to say he may have become frustrated with it all.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:15:29 »

Tonight needs to be about understanding the rationale for them being here. Not.understanding if we can sit in the legends for a pint.

Exactly. Though clearly the Legends is a hot topic, it would be a wasted opportunity if it dominated the Q+A for a second night running.

What I'd like answered, is given that the current playing policy is relying heavily on individuals and their relationships (IE Sherwood + Power, KMac being a respected coach for youths), is there a plan B in case these individuals change roles?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:23:06 »

I would like to know if there is a Plan B should the concerts and My world not provide the projected revenue?!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:24:08 »

Sam's tweets were not aimed at the BBC, only the club if you read through them.
The BBC and Adver then had to just get in first with the tweets.

I've never understood why the Adver "tweets" anyway. Do they make money from this? I'd of thought they'd want to keep any scoops for the morning newspaper.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:28:29 »

I would like to know if there is a Plan B should the concerts and My world not provide the projected revenue?!

Yup, can't judge the MyWorld concept yet as don't know enough about it, but the gigs don't seem to be a huge success so far judging by ticket sales.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:55:50 »

Does anyone know the sales figures so far?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:58:04 »

Yup, can't judge the MyWorld concept yet as don't know enough about it, but the gigs don't seem to be a huge success so far judging by ticket sales.
I know nothing really about the MyWorld concept but as far as the gigs are concerned they must be a success as there is a guaranteed £150,000 income for one weekend!  Whether this is the only weekend it is held only time will tell, but I would have thought that sort of income in an off-season weekend is pretty damn good!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:59:33 »

Does anyone know the sales figures so far?
I thought the Adver were hinting at around 10,000 for the whole weekend so far, not that shabby considering the way it was handled originally and the real lack of publicity it has been given.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: