Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 197703 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:18:42 »

10 days from PdC leaving till KMac was announced.

Which relatively speaking was quite prompt compared to eternity it took to get Wilson....125 pages of classic TEF bollocks...the new manager thread can only dream of matching such heights
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1066 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:37:32 »

Which relatively speaking was quite prompt compared to eternity it took to get Wilson....125 pages of classic TEF bollocks...the new manager thread can only dream of matching such heights
It was indeed, checking back it was 42 days from the sacking of MM until DW was appointed.

Previously the time between Luggy leaving and MM joining was 41 days so fairly comparable also.

10 days was very quick, maybe a little too rushed even?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kerry red

« Reply #1067 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:55:40 »

Unless they have had someone lined up for a while and are just waiting an appropriate amount of time before unveiling him/her
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:59:37 »

I posted this in the manager thread, prehaps it might be more suitable here, to do with the board.

I first said 'Oh, No markets for it in Stan James' or something similar...

Just asked our traders.. interesting..

Jordan Crisp  {Devizes 318}: Afternoon all, is there any betting on the next Swindon Town manager? Can't see any in the system on closed & live

***** (7020): we are not getting involved in this market

***** (7020): some sort of board member with stan james or Swindon has a connection with the club so we cant bet on it

Anybody have any idea?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:03:19 »

PM'd.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:04:03 »

Is it you?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:12:29 »

It was indeed, checking back it was 42 days from the sacking of MM until DW was appointed.

Previously the time between Luggy leaving and MM joining was 41 days so fairly comparable also.

10 days was very quick, maybe a little too rushed even?

There was a bit of controversy at the time about length of contract...insofar as most people thought it would be tilthe end of season, but 2.5 years was stated....until a bit later when KMac himself seemed to put that in doubt. It would be highly unusual for a manager to walk away from 2 years of wonga, with nothing else in place...also given our finanaces paying up 2 years then appointing someone on similar seems a bit strange. Maybe he never had the longer contract.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1072 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:20:26 »

I posted this in the manager thread, prehaps it might be more suitable here, to do with the board.

I first said 'Oh, No markets for it in Stan James' or something similar...

Anybody have any idea?
I would imagine it has something to do with Lee Powers involvement with Racing Plus who is an affiliate of Stan James.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1073 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:21:40 »

There was a bit of controversy at the time about length of contract...insofar as most people thought it would be tilthe end of season, but 2.5 years was stated....until a bit later when KMac himself seemed to put that in doubt. It would be highly unusual for a manager to walk away from 2 years of wonga, with nothing else in place...also given our finanaces paying up 2 years then appointing someone on similar seems a bit strange. Maybe he never had the longer contract.
I had forgotten that there was some doubt thrown up at the end of last season over the length of KMacs contract, could be that he was on some kind of rolling contract renewed each season or something like that.

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:39:14 »

PM'd.

No PM recieved?

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:45:58 »

Chang acting like billy big bollocks.

It's All Good..............
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:47:47 »

Chang acting like billy big bollocks.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:51:19 »

PM please? Interested in what you might no about this!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 18:38:59 »

I would imagine it has something to do with Lee Powers involvement with Racing Plus who is an affiliate of Stan James.

You can't just post facts like that on the public domain, you must PM people and post that you have PM'd to extend the mystery and pretend that you are member of a secret society of knowledge.

How do you expect to develop your online persona otherwise?  Others have done it on here and it has done their reputation no harm at all.  Sort it out JJ, I thought you knew better!  No No No

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 18:42:31 »

For what it's worth, he PM'd me pretty much saying saying...

'Venkman is right with Power"

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: