Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39714 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:19:53 »

For such a bombshell, it does seem a bit odd, that he's the only source, and it should just drop out casually during hospitality.
Agreed, but DOB doesn't strike me as a scaremonger who would post something like that unless it was genuine.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:20:01 »

Soul-destroyingly feckless performance.

Was basically a mirror image of the game at the County Ground except we didn't get the luck they did with the OG that day.

If we aren't going to win at home then we HAVE to go for it away. Very concerned we seemed to be going for a draw from the outset.

Parret shouldn't be let anywhere near the first team again IMO: no effort, bad attitude and poor decision making. At least Luongo looks like he's got some fight to his game. Just wish he could have been playing as a partner to Ferry instead of as a (whatsamacallit?) in a (thingamyjig?) formation as he generally ended up isolated with Navarro hanging back behind him and Ferry lost out on the wing  unable to effect the game.

McCormack  Eek I don't even know where to begin. Looked more of a liability than Jay Maceverly which is pretty damning criticism from me.

First time I've felt there's a real chance of not making the play-offs. Don't really know what the silver-lining is out of that.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:22:43 »

Agreed, but DOB doesn't strike me as a scaremonger who would post something like that unless it was genuine.

True, but I'd expect a bit more explanation to back it up...especially as the end of season deadline less than 4 weeks away.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:24:27 »

Donny were shit and we were worse. Allan mac was shocking, as bad as a bad McEveley. We had no midfield and no attack. Collins is probably still in Jones pocket. Apart from Flint, Ward, Fods and Luongo, I'm struggling to think of anyone who wasn't shit.
KMac got it very wrong today but its still early days for him and he was handed a poisoned chalice. I'll judge him next season.
Mostly agree but we desperately need a centre back who can play with the ball at his feet,not just heading it straight back to Donny like today.The Spurs lads all wanted too much time on the ball and Parrett should be ashamed of himself for his dive.Probably the most inept performance from a Town side for a long time
fatbasher

« Reply #319 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:25:17 »

I was making a point.

Duke of Banbury posted in the last matchday thread that he'd heard that new owners are looking to sell at end of season.
MacDonald will destroy the club if you believe some of the somewhat braincell challenged people on the Adver site.
We've got no money and can't sustain ourselves without promotion.

If you believe those three vague and unsubstantiated statements then yes, you might as well hang yourself.
Wasn't aware of what DOB said so still no real stustance, though I understand why you posted that. Kmac we agree on. That fleshes out your third point. No I won't hang myself because (although I'm not Wembley etc etc & PL etc etc) I will still be sat in my seat in the DRS next season with renewed hope and optimism and God willing the season after etc.

Fuck me it's been a long season has it not?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:28:28 »

If anyone wants a laugh, check out the comments section on the Adver site because there are some fucking gems on there - Byrne the worst defender to ever play for us, board trying to stop us from being promoted and someone thinks we should change manager again
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:30:15 »

True, but I'd expect a bit more explanation to back it up...especially as the end of season deadline less than 4 weeks away.

Fair point Reg. However regardless of deadlines Black confirmed when he sold the club that he was very close to selling it last summer and no one heard a peep about that and he claimed that deal was very close.

I have my doubts as well however it seems strange that the board have not given us a vision beyond this season or indeed any real indication of anything longer term. It does make me wonder if they're just hoping for promotion and then a quick buck. But then again there is no real substance to back that theory up so it's based on pure guesswork.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:31:35 »

Just back from the pub having watched it there with a bunch of people who are not die-hard fans but want the Town to do well, and the consensus of opinion was that we were the poorer of two poor sides who would struggle in the Championship without doubt.

When KMac was appointed, all the background info. was that of a man who was steeped in teams playing football and by that I would assume it meant keeping the ball and working it around on the ground consequently making and taking chances, but currently that is just not happening. Perhaps the players he was used to working with are were far better than the current ones he has but I am at a loss to understand his tactics and as far as I am concerned this has cost us dear recently.

It was crying out for changes to be made early in the second half as we had no width to speak of and very little constructive midfield play and were outfought too many times by a team that evidently wanted to win more than us (which basically pisses me off more than anything else).

Many years ago Cloughie always maintained that any substitution should be made no less than thirty minutes to go so that players could get into the game and I have always seen that as pure common sense so why bring on subs with ten to go and chasing the game is clutching at straws imo.

I am now being rather resigned to play-offs at best and not confident with that scenario either.

No

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:33:46 »

This is all the duke said when asked why he thought we'd have new owners...

Rumours rumbling and no smoke without fire. I reckon we will have new owners at end of season if not before. Current Board I don't believe can sustain the current set up and are a little out of depth (last point is my opinion).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:47:56 »

Fair point Reg. However regardless of deadlines Black confirmed when he sold the club that he was very close to selling it last summer and no one heard a peep about that and he claimed that deal was very close.

I have my doubts as well however it seems strange that the board have not given us a vision beyond this season or indeed any real indication of anything longer term. It does make me wonder if they're just hoping for promotion and then a quick buck. But then again there is no real substance to back that theory up so it's based on pure guesswork.

That kind of backs up my point though...selling a club, shouldn't be something which just casually drops into te public domain, although having heard some stuff about the Board's modus operandi on here, a bit of banter after a few beers seems plausible.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:57:56 »

HT in all the 3pm fixtures, down to 5th and only above Yeovil on goal difference (which may come in handy).

Bournemouth and Yeovil winning, Brentford losing, Sheff Utd and Tranmere drawing.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:00:45 »

Walsall and Orient also winning.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:01:03 »

This is (was) our best chance to get promoted. If we don't do it this season we probably never will.

Our last two play off seasons have been followed up by huge steps backwards.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #328 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:01:33 »

We'll beat Stevenage & Crewe, get at least 2 points from the remaining three away games.

I don't get why people are acting as if this is the first time we've played badly all season. It isn't, we played badly under PDC (with better players). A lot of the knee jerk reactions and abuse of KMAC i'm seeing on twitter is completely unnecessary

Haven't seen the abuse but MacDonald hasn't been a very good manager thus far.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 15:01:45 »

HT in all the 3pm fixtures, down to 5th and only above Yeovil on goal difference (which may come in handy).

Bournemouth and Yeovil winning, Brentford losing, Sheff Utd and Tranmere drawing.

Don't worry...all those games wont stay that way.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: