Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39701 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:50:12 »

That was beyond woeful. Donny were deffo the better side and deserved the win today.

We set up like we did against Yeovil which was fine however we gave them too much space and time on the ball too often. We wasted possession too much by trying to be too patient and passing the ball to feet all the time instead of looking for forward runs from our players.

The sussed us out at HT and pressed us hard in the 2nd half and then exploited the space on the wings (both FBs were very poor for us today). KMAC should have changed it sooner why on earth he didn't I don't know. Changing it at 1-0 down on 82 mins an is not a positive change in my eyes. He should have changed it on the hour mark as you could see what direction the game was heading in. It was almost as if we were holding out for the draw today from the off.

Macca was shocking, Bryne useless positionally and physically. Parrett was too selfish and often decided to run at defenders without looking or picking out a pass. Luongo and Ferry were probably the only players to impress me today and I felt sorry for Rooney out on the wing as he had no service at all.

Overall we went out with a whimper today. That's not the same team we were watching a few months back. We need the passion and fight back really soon or else we're in danger of not even making the top 7 which would be very disappointing given the position we were in a month ago.

Saves me posting to much.

Dreadfull.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:50:23 »

I think the opposite. I wonder what will happen if we don't go up this season given all the uncertainty at the moment.

We'll continue with the instabilty...that can only be addressed by owners who don't look fly by night, giving a manager time to develop a team, this will potentially be easier where we are.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:52:14 »

I don't think not making the PO's would be the worst thing in the world...we don't feel like a promotion side...still too much instabilty in the background.

To be honest, if we got promoted, how many of our current squad are championship standard?  Few and without wholesale changes we'd run the risk of coming straight back down (as will any of the teams that go up).

That said, it would be massively disappointing not to make the PO's from the position we've been in for so long.  If we can't get out of such a poor League 1, when will we manage it?  There's a real risk next season could end up being 2011 all over again.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:52:34 »

We'll continue with the instabilty...that can only be addressed by owners who don't look fly by night, giving a manager time to develop a team, this will potentially be easier where we are.

I'm more worried by the budget. It's very much make or break in terms of trying to go up this season as we cannot sustain this wage bill next season in L1.
nochee

« Reply #289 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:54:25 »

STFC player has turned Into Swedish radio. Weird
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:54:33 »

Our owners are already looking to sell and our manager is currently receiving widespread criticism - failure to win promotion could be disastrous
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:55:53 »

Well that was horrible to have to watch.

From what I saw, both teams were pretty shit, on a guff pitch. But Donny were less shit than us and managed to play the pitch much better a majority of the time.

A lot of people moaning about the lack of changes and formation choice, which I agree is very frustrating but to be honest I don't think the changes coming earlier or a different formation would have made any difference at all, all of our players looked absolute dog shite on the ball, couldn't control it, could barely pass it and were soon harried off it by the donny players whose close control and passing was much more consistent. De vita and GRobs were just as bad when they came on eventually.

Looks like we'll be playing for the play-offs now, the thought of having to go to wembley again is harrowing, but I don't think we'll have a choice. I'd be really concerned if that was one of a few games in a row that we've been awful but the fact that we've been playing reasonably well under kmac although not getting great results and have only really looked crap playing a top of the table team on an awful away pitch...I still hold some hope. Still time to get things right leading up to the playoffs...assuming we get there of course  Head Hurts
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:57:20 »

To be honest, if we got promoted, how many of our current squad are championship standard?  Few and without wholesale changes we'd run the risk of coming straight back down (as will any of the teams that go up).

That said, it would be massively disappointing not to make the PO's from the position we've been in for so long.  If we can't get out of such a poor League 1, when will we manage it?  There's a real risk next season could end up being 2011 all over again.

That's why I've said judge MacDonald on next season...he'll have an opportunity, to develop his own side, and any sensible Town fan will realise, that avoiding another 2011, should be the first aim, then anything else a bonus.

I've seen some shit in the Championship this season...David Prutton, Jack Smith, they're not all world beaters.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:59:33 »

Our owners are already looking to sell and our manager is currently receiving widespread criticism - failure to win promotion could be disastrous

Put like that, it's a bit of a mess  Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:01:29 »

I'm more worried by the budget. It's very much make or break in terms of trying to go up this season as we cannot sustain this wage bill next season in L1.

I'll seek confirmation from Flasheart or Venkman on this, but haven't the Board said next season's budget will be the same as this?
Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:04:45 »

I'll seek confirmation from Flasheart or Venkman on this, but haven't the Board said next season's budget will be the same as this?

I don't know Reg!

Was that a dig? A tad needless isn't it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:04:54 »

I had hoped for a bit more from DoB on this, but I don't think we can make this assumption without a bit more to back it up.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:05:38 »

Put like that, it's a bit of a mess  Sad
Exactly...but it's only a mess if you believe a vague rumour mentioned in passing by one person and listen to the kneejerk reactions of the mentally challenged individuals who text into Radio Swindon whenever we lose.

Reg - not sure the board have commented on budget for next season, they've barely mentioned any kind of plan at all.

I had hoped for a bit more from DoB on this, but I don't think we can make this assumption without a bit more to back it up.

He is usually spot on with stuff but it's plausible. I honestly can't see it happening though.
fatbasher

« Reply #298 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:07:28 »

That is three sweeping statements in one hit.

so you know the owners are looking to sell as being fact? I cannot say your wrong because I do not have that at first hand. So you'll forgive my termerity when I ask how you know this?

I bet Kmac is recieving widespread criticism, that's town fans for you and Louiscassius  Wink

Not sure about the last one, disapointing yes, disasterous? depends on so many variables next season ans so IMHO to early to say.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 14:08:21 »

very much this.

Plus even if jedco are able to stableise off field these opportunities don't come along to often.

Still just as you often think the worst we may suddenly find form and make the playoffs d with momentum. Football can be like that.

Back to formation, or rather personnel. I'm still a bit baffled why RDV and Roberts are out the team in favour of untested youngsters.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: