Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39596 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:14:05 »

The Williams haters can say what they want, we were crying out for a bit of pace today and he would have supplied it.  For fuck's sake, go back to 4-4-2 with Collins and Williams in the middle.  Hope Willo is not out for too long, got 8 days now to re-shape and get going again.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:14:18 »

We've been fearless all season haven't sat back and tried to win every game, today in our biggest game of the season we were negative, sat back and looked for a point. That is what annoys me the most.

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:15:11 »

Utter shite today, Donny deserved it and I think we'll struggle to make top 6 based on todays performance and dropping big points at home lately...will leave it at that

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:15:16 »

You honestly think we will make the playoffs on current form ?
yep.

Hopefully MacDonald will realise this system isn't going to work and he'll change it up a bit.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:15:47 »

It sure was piss.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
nochee

« Reply #260 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:17:07 »

Loads of love on the  bbc text for KMac
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:18:15 »

I guess I can't comment as I've not seen us this season but the decision to change the system puzzles me as well, especially when it was clear that continuity would be important following Di Canio's exit.

It's the comments about Hart, Malpas, worst team in the division - those are just making me fucking cringe. Our form has been indfferent of late but we're still in with a shout of promotion, why is everyone slitting their wrists?

As for today, nothing needs to be said really

Agree with you there.

The comparisons to Hart are based purely on the formation. Playing only one striker up front only works if you've got top quality players. Sadly we haven't.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:18:57 »

As crap as today was, losing 1-0 away to the team that will almost certainly win the league is not relegation form. Perspective is sorely lacking.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:20:32 »

As crap as today was, losing 1-0 away to the team that will almost certainly win the league is not relegation form. Perspective is sorely lacking.
As is the usual for Swindon fans following any kind of defeat or lack of home victory.
nochee

« Reply #264 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:21:50 »

Personally I think we were lucky to only lose 1-0. The football we played today was awful. Not having a single shot on target speaks volumes. It's not looking good.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:22:36 »

The Williams haters can say what they want, we were crying out for a bit of pace today and he would have supplied it.  For fuck's sake, go back to 4-4-2 with Collins and Williams in the middle.  Hope Willo is not out for too long, got 8 days now to re-shape and get going again.

This. I like Andy Williams - he may be shit in front of goal but his bursting runs have resulted in plenty of goals for others (well they did until we changed the formation  Wink.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:27:40 »

Four players who have been pretty key missing today as well - Williams, Thompson, Miller and McEveley. 

Looking at our last 5 games, I'm really not sure where I see a win coming from to be honest. We could be totally reliant on those around us dropping points to make the play offs. 
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:28:57 »

Personally I think we were lucky to only lose 1-0. The football we played today was awful. Not having a single shot on target speaks volumes. It's not looking good.
Doncaster didn't create that much either, nearly scored through a combined balls up from McCormack and then Flint, two slight penalty shouts turned down and they finally took a chance at a set piece. As shit we were they by no means outclassed us which to me says a lot about the quality of the top 6.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:29:50 »

That suggests that Doncaster were really good and we actually put up quite a good fight and were a bit unlucky. That's not perspective, it's putting a totally slanted view on the game. The fact is that the way we played was much, much closer to relegation form than it was to promotion form.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, April 1, 2013, 13:30:17 »

As is the usual for Swindon fans following any kind of defeat or lack of home victory.
2 wins from 9 is enough to press the panic button when there is so few games remaining. fans can accept poor results when your team goes for it. I was mightily pissed off against oldham because the result was shit but we had 20 attempts and should have won. Today was one massive fuckup and there is nothing worse than looking for a point and not getting it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: