Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio discussion  (Read 11246 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:13:36 »

Yes Lumps was right in the specific point he made which I quoted there. There is a line for most of us...a theoretical example being what if Swindon had a 'Franchise' solution imposed on it...?

It was a poor attempt at a joke  Sad
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:13:49 »

Why should Dossy be banned? He's harmless enough. Just stick him on ignore if he bothers you
I banned him previously when he crossed over into the personal abuse/threats but he seems to have cooled down on those now. I think a forum ban would be the least of his problems to be fair
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:14:51 »

anybody else lost or is it just me ?  Huh?

If you're trying to make sense of Dos's posts then no one else has any more idea than you. Something about jews and Jesus ? They're not my friends apparently and there's something about eggs that isn't really clear.

..never go back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:17:07 »

we're now having this argument about a man who no longer has anything to do with STFC.

Really?

What Hitler was involved with town, thats it I'm boycotting!  Cheesy
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:21:21 »

This is a fucking lazy argument.

Yes PDC has never made any racist statements in public, and we'll ignore the accusations about the some of the things he might or might not have said to black players at Town, because we've no evidence either way.

What we do know is that he chooses to associate himself with people that ARE overtly racist and anti semetic. The ultras he used to race over to and salute at Lazio do carry banners covered in swastikas and and make reference to sending Jews to the ovens. They have just led to the club being prosecuted for their racist chanting for the 4th time in recent years, meaning they're now playing a couple of games behind closed doors.

PDC's never comdemned them. If asked about them he always defends them. On one occassion when he and some other Lazio players met with some holocaust survivors who asked them not to acknowledge fans that repeatedly gave fascist salutes and sang songs about the Italian concentration camps, he still couldn't bring himself to say they wer wrong. His only response was to make a statement about atroticities committed by communist resistance fighters in Italy during the war.

This is like going back to May 2011.

Show me any evidence he's an anti-semite or a racist?

He's not.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:23:50 »

We agree on some things.
I respect your views and like debate just think you bang the same drum alot.

I banned him previously when he crossed over into the personal abuse/threats but he seems to have cooled down on those now. I think a forum ban would be the least of his problems to be fair
Abuse bans fair enough. Just looks like some want him banned as they don't like the bloke. Does seem to have some issues poor chap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:28:11 »

I respect your views and like debate just think you bang the same drum alot.

Abuse bans fair enough. Just looks like some want him banned as they don't like the bloke. Does seem to have some issues poor chap
I think in this case, it's the outright anti-Semitism. The loony stuff is each to their own I suppose, personally I think it's boring, some seem to like it, fair enough. But there's a line and it's not the first time we've had this anti-Semitic shit from him.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:34:18 »

This is like going back to May 2011.

Show me any evidence he's an anti-semite or a racist?

He's not.

Did you even bother to read my post? Did I say I could prove he was an anti-semite or a racist.

It's a fucking irrelevance to me as I think we can all agree that he is a fascist. That means he believes in rule by strong dictator, in command of a totalitarian state that does not tolerate any form of political dissent, and that's kind of enough for me.

What is provable is that he associates with an overtly racist and anti-semetic political movement, and makes no apology or excuse for it, and I find that more than a bit unsavoury as well.

You allow yourself to be photograhed giving a fascist salute to and running over to embrace a group of fans with swastika tattoos and racist banners and its pretty difficult to complain when people make the assumption that you share those peoples views. If you never publically condemn the things that they do that's even more likely.

..never go back.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:37:05 »

Fair enough Lumps.

Smiley
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:42:33 »

I think in this case, it's the outright anti-Semitism. The loony stuff is each to their own I suppose, personally I think it's boring, some seem to like it, fair enough. But there's a line and it's not the first time we've had this anti-Semitic shit from him.

There have been any number of people on here that have posted racist comments in the past though Paul and none of them got banned. The strain of islamophobia has been the most obvious in recent years, but there's been a whole lot of the more traditional variety as well.

And even his anti-semitism is pretty deranged, mental anti-semitism ..... The bloke clearly has some issues

..never go back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 12:44:30 »

There have been any number of people on here that have posted racist comments in the past though Paul and none of them got banned.

This could really do with some punctuation in it, or has Paul D been peddling stuff on here I have missed. (I know he hasn't)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 13:29:13 »

islamophobia

I take issue with that phrase. It's not a phobia if you know why you don't like it.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 14:37:38 »

I'm pretty much anti-fundamentalism in general - whatever flavour
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 14:38:38 »

Whereas I am anti-religion.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 14:41:01 »

Whereas I am anti-religion.