Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio discussion  (Read 11200 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:02:56 »

Wow! Has anyone told him about the ignore button?

Especially for you Lumps

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:06:56 »

Maybe Town bought out by the Bin Laden family and turned into the first Islamist football league club? Alcohol banned, hijabs required for all female members of staff, that kind of thing. Still be a supporter then?

While I agree there are more important things in life than football sometimes, that comparison is way ott.

It would only have merit if Di Canio had adorned the CG with pictures of Mussolini, made the players make roman salutes before kick-off, adopted a whites-only policy with regard to players and the fanbase and hadn't managed a team for 18 months that consisted entirely of foreign players.

But that never happened did it...?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:10:25 »

People confuse a belief of certain fascist ideolgies with anti-semitism and racism.

Di Canio is no racist, just have a look at his close friends/ people he's in business with.

Easy target.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:13:01 »

my point is we know your opinion. You've banged on about it continually. Your view is totally unbalanced due to your dislike of the bloke from the outset.

I think it's your opinion of me that is clouding your judgement. There's at least a couple of posts in this tread, Sonic and Paul D's that suggest he's got no chance of another job and will go home to sulk for the rest of his life.

I on the other hand think that someone else, a club that's prepared to give him the control that he demands in exchange for a chance of success, will take a punt on him. Someone like Leeds might do it. 

I don't see how that makes me the extreme opinion in this discussion and the target of your slightly over the top anger.

..never go back.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:13:51 »

Those that leave the board because of PDC's politics then reignite the debate once he has gone.

Ironic, isn't it.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:15:50 »

I'm not angry. Not even close
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:15:57 »

The man in Bangkok has a valid point.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:21:34 »

While I agree there are more important things in life than football sometimes, that comparison is way ott.

It would only have merit if Di Canio had adorned the CG with pictures of Mussolini, made the players make roman salutes before kick-off, adopted a whites-only policy with regard to players and the fanbase and hadn't managed a team for 18 months that consisted entirely of foreign players.

But that never happened did it...?

I didn't say the two were comparable, I was just trying to point out that the initial argument, "If you're a Swindon fan you should support them always regardless" was flawed.

I was just trying to show that we probably all have a line beyond which we won't go with our support of the club. Mine was the appointment of a fascist, but I can appreciate everyone else doesn't feel the same way. I was just reaching for an example that demonstrated that there were things that might turn any of us away from the club.

..never go back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:23:07 »

I'm not angry. Not even close

Pleased to hear it. Wouldn't want you going all Talktalk on us.

..never go back.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:33:49 »

Lumps, you've mentioned the Jewish roots of the West Ham board a couple of times now. Do you realise that of the 116 original members of the Fasci Italiani di Combattimento, five of them were Jewish? Italian Fascism and anti-semitism are not linked in the same way as Nazism.

You can check the sources on Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Fascism
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:39:10 »

And Hitler was half Jewish, he was an illegitimate product of his mother's liason with a member of the Rothschild's family. true, but you will never hear that mentioned.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:40:27 »

Here we go  Head Hurts
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:40:42 »

I didn't say the two were comparable, I was just trying to point out that the initial argument, "If you're a Swindon fan you should support them always regardless" was flawed.

I was just trying to show that we probably all have a line beyond which we won't go with our support of the club. Mine was the appointment of a fascist, but I can appreciate everyone else doesn't feel the same way. I was just reaching for an example that demonstrated that there were things that might turn any of us away from the club.

Fair enough...I understand...and you're right. Certainly if Paolo had done any of things I outlined earlier then that would've been a line for me and I suspect many others as well.

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:41:42 »

Oh FFS, Mel Gibson alert...

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:42:30 »

And Hitler was half Jewish, he was an illegitimate product of his mother's liason with a member of the Rothschild's family. true, but you will never hear that mentioned.

Ummm, no. There is a slim posibility that his father was half Jewish, although this is heavily disputed by historians.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: