Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53796 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 23:45:13 »

Yep,they all looked like dabs floundering on a sandy beach at the end...good point though for me.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 00:35:29 »

McCormack, McEveley, Miller, Williams, Collins were all shite, and we still got a point! Roberts looked better than normal.

Looked a definite penalty... if it was a dive, McCormack was still an idiot for giving him an opportunity to do so - stupid tackle. Should never start ahead of Thompson, who was great when he came on.

Hope everything is sorted soon so we can push on, we missed an opportunity today with other results going favourably.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 00:44:49 »

Watching back on FLS.

This bell is even more fucking annoying!

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 02:05:44 »

I can't believe there was only 699 there apparently, the away end looked packed to me and the side stand. Definitely over 1000 from what it looked/sounded like to me
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 02:14:21 »

699 or over 1,000, we still out sung them.  It goes to show how quiet they were when other than us singing all you could hear was that fucking bell on the TV!

BTW, my Mrs was amused with some of the songs from her armchair at home!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 04:55:31 »

Both pens looked soft IMO.

I reckon the ref saw the replay and evened it up in the second half.

You could see the pitch cutting up early doors but that's lower league football.

Am I right in thinking that Martin now goes back? Disappointing for me.

We pressed but I am satisfied with a point.

Watched the match in a pub split into three. One side full of pissed up egg chasers, one side plastic Man United 'fans'.....two of us watching one screen with no sound....joy! But they did organise this specially for us.

Clems Army!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 08:07:27 »

The Town fans sounded brilliant on the TV. Not sure any Crawley were there aside from the knob with the hell.

Both penalties were incredibly soft. Ours moreso that theirs. Pitch didn't help our cutting edge up front but we were looking a little lacklustre anyway.

It's going to be an interesting week. Hope we can pick up 3 points on Tuesday and get the takeover/loan players in this week.

The football league is full of shit.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:26:49 »

Looked a definite penalty... if it was a dive, McCormack was still an idiot for giving him an opportunity to do so - stupid tackle. Should never start ahead of Thompson, who was great when he came on.

No way a penalty - the guy tripped over the ball with his left foot and the only contact with Macca was when he fell on him; I don't think he dived but he milked it when he fell so cheated in that respect.

I was shouting at my TV screen for Nathan to come on throughout the first half - Macca isn't really a full-back and gets pulled out of position too often.  It was a good job the guy he was marking was fairly crap.  Possibly Nathan not started as he was one of the virus sufferers??
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:33:59 »

Both pens were soft. Each of them was a 'sometimes they're given, sometimes not' kind if penalty. A draw was a pretty fair result although we could have won it with Rooney's bullet header - that was a brilliant save in fairness. I think Rooney could be a very good player for us given the chance. As is so often the case though, the majority of fans have written him off on the basis of virtually no evidence. It happens time and time again. It happened with Ward who was being written off after one game and its happened for as long as I can remember. Some people never learn.
kerry red

« Reply #474 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:35:03 »

TBF it's not the fans that haven't given him a chance
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:36:15 »

TBF it's not the fans that haven't given him a chance
No of course not. There's plenty of people on hear who have written him off though. That's my point.

Edit: meant to say, 'have written him off when he hasn't had a chance to show what he can do'.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:42:11 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #476 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:39:33 »

FWIW I thought he looked pretty good during his cameo - claims to be starting matches based on that
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:42:18 »

I thought Rooney has looked pretty decent when he has played but often only had brief cameos - thought he showed more in a few away games (Shrews, Bury and Stevenage) more so than at home.  To be fair, its been the good form of the other strikers that has kept him out rather than any shortcomings from him.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:43:51 »

I would start him at Colchester.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:46:21 »

No way a penalty - the guy tripped over the ball with his left foot and the only contact with Macca was when he fell on him; I don't think he dived but he milked it when he fell so cheated in that respect.

Macca also caught his left foot...

You can see it here (40:39)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01qmrj1/The_Football_League_Show_2012_2013_03_02_2013/
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 09:48:59 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: