Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 52473 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:29:01 »

A fair rating for Flint who looks like a real bomb scare of a centre half at times and McCormack is and always has been an average League 1 player. I the like the bloke but he is fairly limited at this level and always prone to silly challenges - isn't that 2 penalties he has given away in 3 matches?

Thompson has surprised me but offers very little going forward.

You were at a different match to me then........Flint certainly wasnt brilliant but 5..... No

Certainly not a 5 if youe are giving Alan Mac 7.

And to be fair to Alan Mac he came here as a mdfielder so he has done brilliant in my eyes....our goal average is down to the defence and to knock three of them certainly is a bit of a puzzle.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:36:52 »

Thompson is very good defensively (better than Caddis), I wasn't knocking him, he just doesn't offer the same going forward. Flint can be solid but at times looks like a donkey, may be harsh on him the other day but I thought he was dodgy first half. McCormack was superb last season just looks average in League 1 to me and always prone to a mistake. Might just be more so recently.

Ward and Devera - fucking superb.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 20:49:16 »

I think McCormack's relative speed, his aggression and willingness to intercept combined to make him a great find in the central defender role last season, but this season as he comes up against wilier players, those qualities read "rash". 

It was however his cross that set up what was so nearly a winning header by Rooney after a gloriously timed back heel from De Vita. 

We have got a thin squad at the moment and full credit to Alan Mac for his versatility and attitude as we can't afford to play any perfect team at the moment.  Thanks to PDCs positional change, Alan Mac produced a worthy second half after being given a bit of a first half roasting by a relatively average winger and is exactly the kind of battler we need at the moment - compare Rose and Sheehan!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 21:57:21 »

Genuine or taking the piss?

From the disappointed noise afterward, it sounded a genuine mistake....

I can confirm it was a joke, including the disappointed noise.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: