Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53198 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #495 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 11:30:17 »

We do have to move on but just for the first post-Ritchie game I would like to say we certainly missed him yesterday , whether the whip on the ball from free kicks and corners, the quality of his short, linking game or his sheer hard work covering back
I think the defensive cover he gives is vastly underated as well  as his heading ability when the ball is pinged out to him on the wing. Unfortunately he was sold with no real viable options currently in the squad. RDV, Roberts, Rooney x 2, Storey? None of them in the same league. We were weak down the right side yesterday with Roberts offering no cover for Macca and macca having a bad game.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 12:08:48 »

TBF it's not the fans that haven't given him a chance

It's Martin who doesn't look the full ticket to me.

We've effectively paid the fucker to get fit.

Clems Army!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 12:24:09 »

It's Martin who doesn't look the full ticket to me.

We've effectively paid the fucker to get fit.

I can't remember one thing in the 7 games or whatever he has played. He has lost weight but isn't exactly sharp. How many shots do you think he has had?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 13:36:11 »

If we were to go all Football Manager, the team for me atm would be: Fods, McCormack(LB), Flint, Ward, Thompson (RB), Ferry, Miller, RDV, Williams (RM), Rooney, Collins.
Subs: Bedwell, McCevely, Navarro, Roberts, L. Rooney, Benson(is he even still here?) and whatever youth teamers we have to fill the bench out)

This is bearing in mind our injuries atm: Flint would go to the bench and be replaced by Devera, Storey could well be given a start or two over Collins, TAH, well he would be an option comparable with Flint. Reckon he'd do well if we played 451, with him as a defensive midfielder.

Disclaimer: I do not expect any of this to happen. I'm just trying to get across the limited nature of our squad atm. For all other fans moan about our huge squad, excessive spending etc., now all those loanees are gone and we have a few injuries, we're on limited resources.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:04:23 »

Benson's gone to Cheltenham for rest of the season.
That leaves us with 16 fit pros including L Rooney who won't play again while PdC is here.
I'd have McEveley in pref to Macca at LB if he plays like he was before his injury and maybe Macca back in midfield?
We certainly don't have a large squad!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:11:03 »

Might be worth trying Macca on the right wing with Thompson in behind him?
wigglesworth

« Reply #501 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 14:31:37 »

Benson's gone to Cheltenham for rest of the season.
That leaves us with 16 fit pros including L Rooney who won't play again while PdC is here.
I'd have McEveley in pref to Macca at LB if he plays like he was before his injury and maybe Macca back in midfield?
We certainly don't have a large squad!

What makes you think Luke Rooney won't play for Paolo again??
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:07:10 »

What makes you think Luke Rooney won't play for Paolo again??

PDC only had 6 on the bench rather than Luke Rooney, so unless he was injured that seems to imply that he wont play him

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:12:55 »

Might be worth trying Macca on the right wing with Thompson in behind him?
I would give that a go, I think he would be pretty effective in that position.
Flashheart

« Reply #504 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:13:55 »

PDC only had 6 on the bench rather than Luke Rooney, so unless he was injured that seems to imply that he wont play him

The reason we had 6 subs is because a lot of the squad had a virus.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:14:15 »

Luke Rooney will be a 'Nam on 8th and Pack will be here. Quite where PDC will be we don't know.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 15:48:29 »

McEveley would never be my first choice-McCormack has done really well at left back from what I've seen

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 17:11:35 »

I still think Chelt and us have an agreement that neither Rooney or Pack will play whilst the deal is still up in the air.

what happens if the deal falls through I don't know. (However I don't expect it too.)

paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 17:41:20 »

the thing that puzzles me is why would cheltenham let pack go [and prefer rooney !] when theyre pushing to go up ??
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 17:45:30 »

Heard on the Radio Friday Pack is training on his own away from Cheltenham so doubt he will play for them again?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: