Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another mass shooting  (Read 12522 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 02:36:21 »

A great example of why Sippo's post is one of the most nonsensical things I've read.

If you wanted to get a gun now, do you think you could get hold of one? I can get some naughty things but a gun is definitely not one of them, I would barely know where to start.

spot on.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Coca Fola

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 03:45:54 »

Interestingly in China, which has strict gun laws, a similarly deranged man went on the rampage today in a school. Two differences.

Because of the strict gun laws, the weapon of choice was a Knife.

Because it was a knife, rather than a gun, nobody died.

The fact remains that 22 schoolchildren were slashed up, but were the perpetrator readily armed, they wouldn't be with us still

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-man-slashes-22-children-near-china-school-20121214,0,6383015.story
Very strange that no one died. If you attacked 22 people with a knife the odds are that one would probably die.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 04:38:28 »

Very strange that no one died. If you attacked 22 people with a knife the odds are that one would probably die.

[url width=280 height=280]http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/orig/0/0/4/9/3/49346.jpg[/url]

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 08:25:56 »

A great example of why Sippo's post is one of the most nonsensical things I've read.

If you wanted to get a gun now, do you think you could get hold of one? I can get some naughty things but a gun is definitely not one of them, I would barely know where to start.

The same people you get other naughty things might be able to advise i imagine.  What about Farmers? they must all have a gun.

Gun control laws in America would make absolutely no difference anyway, there are too many guns out there in circulation now.
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 08:40:13 »

Gun control laws in America would make absolutely no difference anyway, there are too many guns out there in circulation now.

Hmmm
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 08:53:42 »

[url width=882 height=626]http://i.imgur.com/wWmdo.jpg[/url]
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 09:06:52 »

Hmmm

If it were made illegal to own a handgun what sort of pertcentage of the millions of guns do you think would be given up to the authorities?

Im guessing not all that many
DRS

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 09:58:03 »

spot on.
I could get you one in 2 hours.We have gun laws here yet gun crime is increasing,we have laws on knives,it does not stop stabbings.Put any law you want in place,you will not stop mentally unstable people doing mentally unstable things.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 12:00:33 »

I could get you one in 2 hours.We have gun laws here yet gun crime is increasing,we have laws on knives,it does not stop stabbings.Put any law you want in place,you will not stop mentally unstable people doing mentally unstable things.

No, ,you will not stop ALL mentally unstable people doing ALL mentally unstable things.  But you will stop most.  I believe the gun death figures (and homicide figures generally) show that we are right and the USA wrong in this respect.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 13:21:08 »

Yes. But in fairness not everyone knows a dodgy, shady cunt like you...

It's All Good..............
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 14:28:45 »

If anyone hasn't watched it, Bowling for Columbine is an excellent analysis of gun ownership and shootings in the USA.

The problem with blaming it all on their high gun ownership is that it doesn't happen in other countries - it's only the USA that has a high number of gun related homicides. Sure, it doesn't help but there is other stuff going on in the USA that causes it such as the media (for glorifying it) and Government (for making people live in fear).

Can't see it ever changing. The gun lobby is too powerful and too many people stand by the constitution and the amendment providing the right to bear arms.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 15:17:56 »

An American without a gun is like an englishman without a cup of tea
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 18:51:22 »

Cheesy
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 21:43:15 »

Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 22:40:58 »

I agree with the bigger picture about mental health but you do more damage with a gun than you could ever do with a knife. If that guy didn't have a gun and used a knife instead he wouldn't have killed half of those people. He would've been stopped.

The only other thing that would've caused the same (if not more) devastation would be if he used a bomb but again I get the feeling these guys that go on a shooting rampage do so with guns because they feel superior with a weapon and because it's easily obtainable and can cause mass damage in little time and effort.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: