Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another mass shooting  (Read 12226 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:54:44 »

The gunman is named by US media as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza. He is reported to have also killed his mother, who worked at the school.

Reports are saying they have found a body at his home, believed to be his father.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Coca Fola

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 19:59:23 »

This is why I don't understand how America feels it can police the world when they have such major issues at home to deal with first.
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:00:41 »

The guns were bought legally apparently
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:02:03 »

Their gun laws don't make a difference. This happened because of someone's actions. End of the day, laws or no laws if someone wants to go on a rampage they will. They will get the weapon however they see fit. It could happen in any country.

Go and have a lie down
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:04:34 »

I spent the summer working for republican who claimed that shootings were being engineered by Obama to bring through gun laws.  Cunts like that will still justify these things.  Its so fucking sick.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:04:43 »

This is why I don't understand how America feels it can police the world when they have such major issues at home to deal with first.

It's because they have rights. (I've known quite a few Americans)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:05:03 »

Agreed.

But why does it always seem to happen in America? I can only think of Breivik in recent years that wasn't a yank.

That bloke up north who went on a rampage with a shot gun, then recently a bloke got shot in the head in Devizes.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:08:05 »

What a fucking ridiculous statement. If access to guns wasn't as easy as it currently is, the number of shootings like this would be nowhere near as high as it is.

The point I'm trying to make is that if someone wants to go on a rampage then they will go on a rampage. They will get the guns anyway possible if that's what they want to do. Yes they are more freely available, but look at the size of the us compared to the uk. There will obviously be more psychopaths over there.

It is a tragic state of affairs in any country, and there is no excuse for it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:10:37 »

That bloke up north who went on a rampage with a shot gun, then recently a bloke got shot in the head in Devizes.

Links please.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:13:38 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Northumbria_Police_manhunt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9586076/Manchester-shootings-PC-Bone-laid-to-rest-today.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-18952102

Do for starters.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:15:44 »

Links please.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jun/02/gunman-sought-person-shot-dead-whitehaven

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:15:45 »

this thread has descended into an argument that the UK has as many gun-toting nutters as the US and it's only page 2.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:19:05 »

this thread has descended into an argument that the UK has as many gun-toting nutters as the US and it's only page 2.

Debate...yes.

Argument...no.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:20:12 »

The Devizes shooting was a personal grudge.

I'm struggling to understand how anyone can say that the relaxed gun ownership laws are not a key facilitator for this kind of scenario.

Granted, if a nutter wants a gun he's going to do anything to get one. But at least make it a little more fucking difficult.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 14, 2012, 20:21:21 »

Debate...yes.

Argument...no.

de·bate  [dih-beyt]
noun
a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints

ar·gu·ment  [ahr-gyuh-muh nt]  Show IPA
noun
a discussion involving differing points of view; debate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: