Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another mass shooting  (Read 12225 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 14:35:20 »

Yeah, just ignoring mass shootings will sort the whole issue right out.

That's not what he's saying. Instead of glorifying the perpetrator into some kind of anti-hero by putting pictures of his face everywhere, the focus should be on depicting the community that has been affected, and how they are grieving, being supported, and will rebuild afterwards.

In the media's defence, this time I cannot remember what the guy looked like. So chalk one up for them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 14:39:38 »

That's not what he's saying. Instead of glorifying the perpetrator into some kind of anti-hero by putting pictures of his face everywhere, the focus should be on depicting the community that has been affected, and how they are grieving, being supported, and will rebuild afterwards.

In the media's defence, this time I cannot remember what the guy looked like. So chalk one up for them.

He looked like a little bit of a loner. In fact I was reading about the Columbine massacre and the 2 that did that looked like loners as well. Be careful who you bully at school in America folks!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 14:48:06 »

Hew was a 'prepper' apparently. Those weirdos that get ready for the new world order and stuff.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 15:51:10 »

HTH:

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 15:56:01 »

Charlie Brooker Newswipe report from 3 years ago about how media coverage is culpable in propagating copycat mass murderers. The longer we continue to obsess over and glamorise these crimes in international media instead of localising these stories to the affected communities the longer these incidents will go on to propagate greater and worse examples.

That's pretty much the same conclusion Michael Moore reached in Bowling for Columbine. Except it was the more general media coverage of crimes, especially glorifying violent ones. Switch on the news and there is loads of coverage of crime in a way you just don't get in other countries, definitely not in the UK.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 16:20:44 »

Hew was a 'prepper' apparently. Those weirdos that get ready for the new world order and stuff.
Not so much him, as his Mum. Which is why she had all the guns and had trained both her kids to use them for "when the balloon goes up and we'll all need guns to defend ourselves". The same guns with which he then murdered her.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 20:04:43 »

The NRA have finally responded. Apparently the Government are to blame for making schools gun free zones, which is equivalent to putting a sign up saying "easy target for gun wielding psychos, come and kill people here". They reckon these types of incident can be prevented in the future by employing armed guards at every school in the US.

Their press release makes a typical Paolo interview look sane and coherent in comparison.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 20:07:35 »

They also said that good guys with guns can kill the bad guys with guns.  Which has worked in Pensylvania tonight where 3 state troopers have been killed by a gunman who was also killed.  Thats bad guys 3 good guys 1 as far as I can see.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 20:10:24 »

they're also blaming Mortal Kombat, a 20 year old game with no guns in
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 20:11:08 »

they're also blaming Mortal Kombat, a 20 year old game with no guns in

I blame Maze Craze.

https://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareID=1141

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #115 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 20:14:03 »

Funny they were blaming it on violent movies, as though it is only America that watches those movies.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, December 24, 2012, 16:57:25 »

I see two firefighters have been shot dead in the States after responding to a fire...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20838925

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, December 24, 2012, 17:47:36 »

Crazy bastards, shocking.
Flashheart

« Reply #118 on: Monday, December 24, 2012, 17:50:55 »

<NRA>It would not have happened if all firemen have guns<NRA/>
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, December 24, 2012, 19:19:41 »

A petition has been sent to the Whitehouse to deport Piers Morgan, because he is anti-guns. Please don't send the prick back to Britain. Here he is making a fool of himself and abandoning reasoned debate for naughty words.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: