Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629458 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #195 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:06:47 »

You try thinking it through Johnny, you're not being very practical here. Do you really think you would be able to stop them from swearing?

When somebody misses an important goal or is fouled how do you think they are going to react? Oh gosh. What a rotter

Footballers tend to be from working class backgrounds and poorly educated at that. Plus they are working in a high pressure environment where a lot is at stake and they are going to vent.

There would not be a snowball's chance in hell of stopping them from swearing. Reduce it maybe. Stop it, not a chance.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:18:11 »

Someone posted this here a couple of months ago which seems pertinent.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:24:47 »

Here is what football would be like if the ref's mics were made public;

Flashheart

« Reply #198 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:27:50 »

Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:30:00 »

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:51:56 »

It's a well known fact that cricketers never use naughty words or are mean to one another
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:23:59 »

New Zealand were mean to England last night. Actually I think England were mean to themselves.

Never knowingly overstated.
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 19:25:14 »

Whenever I've seen the broadcasting of the ref's audio being broadcast discussed the consensus has always been that the swearing from players would end immediately - the top clubs would stop it as it would be far too damaging for their image and embarrassing. Though that's probably the main reason clubs would try and block it.

Would be a good move and could only be an improvement, should help reduce the abuse refs get as well.

oh please,do fuck off and eat you're tofu dip at Twickenham, thank you   Baby...swearing is an integral part of the game and long may it remain so... Cunt

No one is Innocent...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 23:20:25 »

I know it's a bit off thread, but I've really taken to RU in the past few years (mostly because I can drink during the game).  It would be interesting to see a ref try and treat the players like a RU ref does in football.  It is rather amusing watching 20 stone lumps saying please and thank you Sir.  Of course the fucking swear, try having someone stamp on your head legally, but they seem to be well controlled by the refs.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 21:34:43 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/19/premier-league-championship-tv-deal#

The idea that in the future if we went up to the Championship as a newly promoted club, we'd be getting just under a 10th of the money given in parachute payments to a newly relegated club, and still be expected to compete under FFP. Fucking ridiculous.

Clubs like ours will just have no chance of progressing at that level in the future.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 21:44:02 »

Fucking hell even the difference in money between this level and the next up is staggering. If we go up we will benefit from 2 million in extra revenue just from TV money.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 22:46:02 »

Maybe all the facts haven't come out but I can't get my head round the latest racism claims against the England fans.

Apparently against San Marino they were singing 'build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Rio on the top, put Anton in the middle, then burn the f****** lot'. Not a particularly nice thing to sing, extremely offensive but where is the racism?

It appears FARE (who made the complaint) base the claim of racism on the fact the song included Anton and that as he'd been involved in a racism case recently, then the song must be racist. I really don't get the logic.

Things like this can only have a negative impact on the fight against racism. No doubt it's just another person / organisation trying to make a name for themselves by getting in the middle of a racism scandal.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 22:57:32 »

Maybe all the facts haven't come out but I can't get my head round the latest racism claims against the England fans.

Apparently against San Marino they were singing 'build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Rio on the top, put Anton in the middle, then burn the f****** lot'. Not a particularly nice thing to sing, extremely offensive but where is the racism?

It appears FARE (who made the complaint) base the claim of racism on the fact the song included Anton and that as he'd been involved in a racism case recently, then the song must be racist. I really don't get the logic.

Things like this can only have a negative impact on the fight against racism. No doubt it's just another person / organisation trying to make a name for themselves by getting in the middle of a racism scandal.

I can honestly say that I have only ever met 3 truly racist people in my life and guess what

They were all black with massive chips on their shoulders
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 19:17:06 »

I can honestly say that I have only ever met 3 truly racist people in my life and guess what

They were all black with massive chips on their shoulders

Clap

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, March 30, 2013, 20:31:24 »

Should this thread be re-titled "What's wrong with racism?"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: