Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Personal Body Odour  (Read 10429 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 20:33:11 »

Today in town a range rover pulled up along side me to ask for directions, The driver and his wife in the passenger seat were very very large people and the smell bellowing out of the car window was horrendous. The bloke driving was making a balls up of where he wanted to go and low and behold the back window came down and in the back were what must of been his very very large daughters, well at this point the smell hit me and I gagged, turned around and walked off. Why oh why doesn't somebody/ anybody tell them how bad they smell of BO to do them and everyone in contact with them a huge favour.
Has anyone on here told a family member/ freind / work colleague or even a stranger to sort their personal hygiene out ?
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 20:34:45 by Notts red » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:11:05 »

I used to work with someone who had a BO problem. One morning, one of his colleagues (no idea who) put a can of deodorant on his desk. Cruel, but I can understand why they did it.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:20:52 »

Today in town a range rover pulled up along side me to ask for directions, The driver and his wife in the passenger seat were very very large people and the smell bellowing out of the car window was horrendous. The bloke driving was making a balls up of where he wanted to go and low and behold the back window came down and in the back were what must of been his very very large daughters, well at this point the smell hit me and I gagged, turned around and walked off. Why oh why doesn't somebody/ anybody tell them how bad they smell of BO to do them and everyone in contact with them a huge favour.
Has anyone on here told a family member/ freind / work colleague or even a stranger to sort their personal hygiene out ?

Bastard, that was me  Smiley
DRS

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:22:39 »

Why didn't you tell them
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:24:29 »

I used to work with someone who had really bad breath, I built up the courage to tell him and after that in the mornings when I used to pick him up in the works van all you could smell was either toothpaste or mouthwash and I noticed he became a bit partial to Polos  Smiley I thought of it as doing him a favour though as he probably had no idea.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:26:43 »

Why didn't you tell them
I think me literally gagging and turning away gave them a good idea.
Coca Fola

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:40:21 »

I don't know why people have to be told to smell nice,have nice breath, clean hair etc. It should come natural to people to care about their appearance. Very rarely do I go out in public without making sure all these criteria are ticked.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:42:40 by Coca Fola » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:56:21 »

I got tasked with telling someone at work they needed to do something about their body odour, should have been my managers job but he bottled it and 'deputised' the task to me. One of the hardest things I've had to do and I didn't make a very good job of it as I was too embarrassed, ended up kind of skirting around the issue and not dealing with it.

I'd handle it differently next time, would get straight to the point and deal with it. It is a genuine problem for some people and not always caused by poor personal hygiene. Sure that in some cases they don't realise themselves that it is a problem and they'd be upset if they found out no one said anything.

It all worked out ok in the end though. We offloaded them to another department who weren't aware of the issue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 21:58:13 »

I used to work with someone who had a BO problem. One morning, one of his colleagues (no idea who) put a can of deodorant on his desk. Cruel, but I can understand why they did it.

This happened to someone in my first job....you didn't used to work for an ISDN equipment manufacturer did you Smiley

I'm guessing this kind of thing happens quite frequently
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 22:19:54 »

Suppose things like sore throats can give you bad breath but by and large it's down to poor hygiene. probably a bit over the top in my earlier post about telling a stranger they smell but I would expect my wife, kids or any family member to tell me if I was stinking the place out and being talked about.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 22:29:52 »

This happened to someone in my first job....you didn't used to work for an ISDN equipment manufacturer did you Smiley

I'm guessing this kind of thing happens quite frequently

Ha, no the research councils.

Indeed, my mum told me it happened in her workplace in the 60's. There always has and always will be smelly people.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
left back

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 26, 2012, 06:16:07 »

a few years back i lived in staff accomodation and for a brief period we had a bloke working and living with us who only used to shower about once a week, he fucking stunk, and we regularly told him. mind we told him not to steal our food or piss on the toilet floor but he didnt listen. we called him 'alky' which is pretty self explanatory, it was like having pet tramp!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 26, 2012, 06:29:48 »

Years ago I worked part time at Sainsburys, there was a guy who worked in the warehouse who was the stinkiest person I've ever met. But he was the type of guy who liked to talk to everyone and if you were sat alone on your break you could guarantee he'd come and sit next to you.

One day one of the duty managers did everyone a favour and told him to fuck off home and have a shower or don't bother coming into work.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 26, 2012, 07:18:14 »

I try to change my pants and socks once a week whether they need it or not
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 26, 2012, 07:47:45 »

I can't understand how some people can stink so badly and not notice.

I remember once being in a shop in Chippenham and some biddy came and stood next to me, farted and then walked off! Was she trying to get me the blame? I stood there mildly in shock at what had happened. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: