Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Da Vinci Restaurant  (Read 7831 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:00:56 »

I'm not sure whether anyone else has eaten here yet, but I went here last night and ate, without a shadow of a doubt, the best food I've ever eaten in Swindon. It was un-fucking-believable. I'd even go as far as to say it's some of the best food I've ever eaten, it was out of this world. Portions were on the large side, but I don't mind a big bowl of Fish Ravioli (Ravioli di Pesce) or Tiramisu!

Also, I went to La Carbonara the other week, and what used to be a superb restaurant, now seems to be shit, so I'm quite relieved to have now found another great Italian.

If you fancy an Italian, please eat here, you won't regret it.

http://www.davinciswindon.co.uk/

(It was quite quiet as well, hence why I started this thread, as it really should be doing very, very well.)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:09:51 »

That's the second recommendation I've seen for this place in as many weeks... I love a good Italian, looks like i'll have to give it a go.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:13:33 »

Rated #2 on tripadvisor. Sounds good. Will have to try.
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:16:54 »

You should. It's a shame about the location (for them), but then La Carbonara's in a worse location and that gets rammed.

There were 6 of us and we all raved about our food. I plan to make it my default restaurant.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:17:52 »

Is davinci the one on faringdon road? Or is it on curry island?

The one on faringdon road is decent whenever I've been.

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:21:15 »

Fleet Street. It used to be Fletchers.

I do love a good Italian too so will definitely give it a go some time.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 13:01:52 »

I went about a year ago with the then wife & the food was wonderful, the only thing that let it down was how close you were to the next table ( there was a very loud lady at the next table ). But i would go there again. The price was quite good as well.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 13:45:42 »

Da Vinci is top draw but go and try Dolce Vita.. it was fantastic when it first opened but then suffered terribly under new ownership for a few years, got a bad name and everyone stopped going, these days its being run by a new family and it's back to its best but the problem is people are still put off with the reputation it gained a few years back. Seriously good food. Give it a go.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 14:14:53 »

Is it reasonably priced?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 17:26:17 »

yeah, it's about average.. big portions aswell.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 19:04:28 »

You should. It's a shame about the location (for them), but then La Carbonara's in a worse location and that gets rammed.

There were 6 of us and we all raved about our food. I plan to make it my default restaurant.

I'll give Da Vinci a go. I hate La Carbonara - flies everywhere and a Steve Martin look-alike hovering around our table all night.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 19:10:37 »

havent been to la carbonara for a while now, but last time i went it was great, shame to hear its gone down hill, been planning a visit but might give it a miss now.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 19:12:56 »

i had dinner at the rat trap today. Was very nice. Busy there which says alot really.
deltaincline

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 22:08:13 »

Food quality wise, LaCarbonara leaves every other Italian restaurant in the Swindon area for dead. I've done pretty much the lot several times over the summer and there is only one winner for me.

Lacarbonara is quite small and the tables are a tad too close to each other, but the food is consistently amazing - the Rossini fillet steaks are just off the scale, in spite of the high price.

I'm seriously gob-smacked that anyone would plump for Da Vinci - which is OK, but no where near the standards of LaCarbonara.

Mind, PDC is apparently a frequent patron of Fratello's, so maybe he knows something we don't?

While we're on the subject of restaurants; what the fuck has gone wrong with the 3 Crowns at Brinkworth? Took my Mrs there last week expecting the usual top quality fayre, but the new menu is wank - all the old favourites have gone - and the place was dead. WTF??

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 8, 2012, 07:58:20 »

Food quality wise, LaCarbonara leaves every other Italian restaurant in the Swindon area for dead. I've done pretty much the lot several times over the summer and there is only one winner for me.

Lacarbonara is quite small and the tables are a tad too close to each other, but the food is consistently amazing - the Rossini fillet steaks are just off the scale, in spite of the high price.

I'm seriously gob-smacked that anyone would plump for Da Vinci - which is OK, but no where near the standards of LaCarbonara.

Mind, PDC is apparently a frequent patron of Fratello's, so maybe he knows something we don't?

While we're on the subject of restaurants; what the fuck has gone wrong with the 3 Crowns at Brinkworth? Took my Mrs there last week expecting the usual top quality fayre, but the new menu is wank - all the old favourites have gone - and the place was dead. WTF??

the owners sold it a little while ago as far as i was aware to concentrate on the weighbridge house.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: