Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Burnley Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45607 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:06:27 »

Thanks for that - I found it more difficult to understand than usual tonight!!
I couldn't tell whether he was criticising Collins by praising Benson running around for 90 minutes. I also couldn't tell whether he was chiding Navarro for playing well in big games but not in others, or whether he was using Navarro and Benson as a example to younger players who weren't bought into PDCs way of training and playing.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:12:53 »

Another fantastic performance and so, so, so very proud of the way this team is going under PdC. I know it's been said before but something very special is happening here, we will have bad times but nights like this, Stoke et al make it so very worthwhile!

We absolutely pummeled Burnley over 90 minutes and could have scored a few more like Saturday, couldn't fault any of the players and T A-H coming back will do us wonders!

A win all round, Austin won me a few quid by scoring, we're in the 4th round and loved the way Charlie applauded us at the end and kissed the town badge. We were angry at the way he left-yes, but I'm sure the majority will wish him well going by tonight!

Onwards to Saturday and a trip to Shrewsbury (who I'm sure Turner will remind them of last season at our place, hope what happened last time doesn't happen again after we beat Stoke)

Who would I like in the next round from winners tonight-Chelsea (H), who do I want in the next round-Bradford (H) with a QF place up for grabs!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:23:15 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:13:39 »

What is Paolo talking about?

Anybody?

Dunno but the bird on the radio just said

" I've got a text here from a Tans, but I can't read it out as it's quite offensive........but he says it wasn't Austin's fault we got relegated"

Ha ha, I hope that was our Tans. Good work fella, keep sending the offensive texts in. Cheesy
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:17:22 »

"Fuck off. It was not austins fault we were relegated. It was that twat wilson and cunts like prutton and rose @bbcwiltshire"

I'm surprised BBC didn't read Tans's tweet out in full to be honest.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:17:51 »

" I've got a text here from a Tans, but I can't read it out as it's quite offensive........but he says it wasn't Austin's fault we got relegated"

Ha ha, I hope that was our Tans. Good work fella, keep sending the offensive texts in. Cheesy

Must have been, he did tweet to that effect.Can't post it here as its too rude
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:18:39 »

"Fuck off. It was not austins fault we were relegated. It was that twat wilson and cunts like prutton and rose @bbcwiltshire"

I'm surprised BBC didn't read Tans's tweet out in full to be honest.

Most amusing to hear the read half of it out anyway before saying it was too offensive Cool
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:19:48 »

Guilty as charged
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:26:28 »

Epic night. These really must be golden times. I'm gonna enjoy!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:27:40 »

Fair play to Austin for clapping at the Townend at the end. They didn't deserve it.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:29:10 »

Fair play to Austin for clapping at the Townend at the end. They didn't deserve it.

And the Town End sang Charlie Charlie Austin in reply
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:30:22 »

And the Town End sang Charlie Charlie Austin in reply

And Charlie Austin we fucking hate you before it  Wink

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:30:53 »

Firstly Austin gets a lot of credit tonight for the applauding at the end. And the Town End got it right, give him shit, try and put him off and applaud him after. There was even a subdued chant of Charlie Charlie Austin. Its done, hope he gets a big move and we get a big sell on!

The game was good. You can tell Burnley are a good passing team, not sure how many 1st teamers they rested but its fair to say they were dangerous in the first half. Austin missing a header and a shot from a well worked corner spring to mind. That's not to say we were second best, and we took our chances although a couple more went begging.

Second half we were never really in trouble and always looked more likely to score. But a slight defensive mistake cost us as Austin tapped in. But, and this is the impressive bit, just as I was starting to get a bit nervous with 10 to go we upped it again and attacked rather than sat back. When Troy put the 3rd in Burnley became a spent force, it was only a matter of how many more we scored. We didn't, but went close on 3 or 4 occasions.

So they could have scored more, but so could we moreso. I think the scoreline isn't flattering because of this.

Lastly, Thompson stood up really well to a physical test tonight. Its only a few games in, but he has been superb so far.
kerry red

« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:31:57 »

Forget Austin - concentrate on our players
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:33:17 »

We absolutely pummeled Burnley over 90 minutes and could have scored a few more like Saturday, couldn't fault any of the players and T A-H coming back will do us wonders!

Sorry Major, cannot agree with that, when we scored our first it was really against the run of play.  Overall we thoroughly deserved to win, it's taken Williams a bit of time to get going but he really does look the business.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 21:33:59 »

And Charlie Austin we fucking hate you before it  Wink

Fuck that. He totally understood it was part of a ploy to wind him up.

Want to see proper venom, I reckon there is a fair chance of that next Tuesday and the return of that useless cunt Prutton.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: